It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
GUN CONTROL
Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other
day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a radio interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout
Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to
teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing,
archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on
the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous
activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper
rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent
killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're
not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey, Austria has one gun law. Past age of 18, you have to own one. Lowest crime rate in the world. I rest my case.

Hey, who needs guns to kill? Ever see House on Haunted Hill? A sharp pencil can kill. So every student is equipped to kill.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't know General Reinwald but I like him very much.

It should be great to have a lady pic, at the moment where the general told them that she was equipped to be a prostitute.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gun control is when you can aim.
Taking guns away from people is the way of the US.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hey, Austria has one gun law. Past age of 18, you have to own one. Lowest crime rate in the world. I rest my case.

Hey, who needs guns to kill? Ever see House on Haunted Hill? A sharp pencil can kill. So every student is equipped to kill.

James I've seen you post this fantasy somewhere else about Austrian Gun Laws.

" In Austria, where gun laws already are highly re strictive, a Vienna lawyers' association called for a sweeping ban to keep all weapons out of the hands of ordinary citizens. Something had to be done "to help desperate young people who have lost perspective", the group said. "
The Guardian

In Austria, every law-abiding citizen has a legal right to buy handguns, and roughly ten per cent of Austrians have done so (compared to 16 per cent of U.S. citizens).
[NRA Institute

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
:
great comeback

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
MS, read it in Readers Digest. Sorry if my source was off. If it is, thank you for correcting me.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
James, I think you maybe refferring to Switzerland, where the militia ( I think ) have to take theie assualt rifles home.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
James, I think you maybe refferring to Switzerland, where the militia ( I think ) have to take theie assualt rifles home.

You right. In Switzerland, each soldier has to take it back home.

In Switzerland, each citizen is a soldier.
( I'm kidding )

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Everyones a soldier in Israel as well, look at all the trouble THEY have!

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Netchicken , in Israel, everyones is a soldier BECAUSE they have a lot of problem. They don't have a lot of problem BECAUSE they are all soldier.

Israel is a small 5 million country peoples, with many muslims nations around them. That's not a question of choice, that's a question of survival !

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I personally enjoyed the new gun laws invoked into australian law a few years back.

The government funded a buy back scheme for all fully automatic weapons, triggered by the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania.

I was in possession of an SLR fully automatic sub machine gun commonly called an "uzi".

It was my uncle's standard weapon fromt he vietnam war and was given to me because of a particular crime spree happening in my local neighbourhood.

Now of course after the vietnam war my uncle returned and the weapon was decommissioned (It would never fire again), therefore he was allowed to keep it.

They buy back scheme was in it's final days when I finally plucked the courage to hand it in. You see your name gets recorded into a database as to what you handed in, and I sure as hell didn't want that on my concious. You should have seen the faces on the police when I walked in with this gun.. And then there relief when they found out it was decommisioned. The final outcome was I got $4500 AUD for the weapon, which is about 4000 more than what I woulda got for selling it to a collector or some such..

So if a buyback scheme comes your way hand em in.. It's a great money making venture!

Chris

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
I personally enjoyed the new gun laws invoked into australian law a few years back.

The government funded a buy back scheme for all fully automatic weapons, triggered by the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania.

Chris

The Australian Government never at any stage allowed it's citizens to carry automatic weapons. The buy back scheme was to remove semi automatic weapons ( ie SKS etc ) and pistols.
Your lucky your SLR was decommisioned as you would be staring at a 10 year jail term.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Some people say that their should be tests to see if someone should be allowed to carry a gun. Let's see... THERE ALREADY IS ONE! ITS CALLED HUNTER SAFETY! I think that anybody who takes and passes that course should be allowed to carry a firearm. If there was a turn-in program here, I wouldn't hand mine in for a billion gajilion dollars. I have a very nice Remington .870 12 guage. And besides, when my dad dies or has no use for his guns, I'll get them!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hey, if we were not allowed to own guns, how would we control the animal population?(ie:deer, bear, squirrel)

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hey, if we were not allowed to own guns, how would we control the animal population?(ie:deer, bear, squirrel)

Ummmmmm... Deer, bear and squirrel have been around wayyy longer than guns, and they seemed to balance their population quite ok. I have never heard of these animals being in plague proportions?? I may be wrong (any examples).

Isn't some species of deer, bear etc close to extinction or at least on the endangered list? To me gun control might stem rate of animals we see moving into oblivion.

Your lucky your SLR was decommisioned as you would be staring at a 10 year jail term.

Although this answer is irrelevant I wish to point out that during the buy back was an amnesty period. I could of handed in the weapon, and although thouroughly checked, would have been let off.

Chris

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
kids the proper use, care, and respect for firearms... Since when was this a bad idea? Hehe, equipped to be a prostitute...that's pretty quick, lol!
I'd rather see children learning about guns in a proper setting, than hangin' with their homies and bustin' some caps in peeps!

new topics

top topics

join