It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Image Shows Collapsed Roof of Tunnel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This, from 'New Scientist' -- shows that scientists are combing the images for anomalous structures and features, and publicize them when found....

Found: first 'skylight' on the moon
23:54 22 October 2009 by Rachel Courtland

www.newscientist.com...

A deep hole on the moon that could open into a vast underground tunnel has been found for the first time. The discovery strengthens evidence for subsurface, lava-carved channels that could shield future human colonists from space radiation and other hazards.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OHHH LAVA tubes!

Here I heard it was underground bases from our pals who lived in sirius.

So are we going to do some experiment like send a rover? Nah lets put a fat boy down the hole and see what happens. I wanna see moon fireworks.

WOuldnt it be nice if we broke another planet or "moon" for a change.(instead of this one) I stopped killing trees with battery acid just to ponder an nice moon experiment. I was thinking about pouring cement on the field behind my house to leave my "mark" you know, but blowing up the moon would be cooler!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
This, from 'New Scientist' -- shows that scientists are combing the images for anomalous structures and features, and publicize them when found....

Hi Jim.

While the the article is interesting I certainly don't think that it can be used to prove that "scientists are combing the images for anomalous structures and features, and publicize them when found". That's too much of an assumption and implies an openness to possibilities that I don't think is actually there. I wish it was.

'Scientists' may be open to acknowledging what they consider to be unusual NATURAL features and structures when they think they have stumbled across them, but that doesn't mean they are generally prepared to even consider that any 'structures' or 'features' could be artificial, or that they would accept it or publicize it if or when such things are discovered.

These idea's don't generally fall within the present belief structure of mainstream science and so they are not given the consideration which your comment seems to imply they would.

Or maybe I'm too cynical. But somehow, I doubt it

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

While the the article is interesting I certainly don't think that it can be used to prove that "scientists are combing the images for anomalous structures and features, and publicize them when found". That's too much of an assumption and implies an openness to possibilities that I don't think is actually there.

I concur.

It is doubtful that any scientist would speculate so openly on structures which they deemed to be artificial - or even allow it to be known that they are looking for artificial structures.

Here are some prime candidates for artificiality from the Lunar Orbiter probes - perhaps these scientist ought comb through them:

*The following images were found by Mikesingh:

Zoomed in on the tower-like feature::

Maybe...

Here are some other structures that Mike found in some Lunar Orbiter images:

Could these be Ruins - Or maybe even active facilities? Perhaps Lava tubes that just look like they are 100 percent artificial...

Here the last one is colourized:

If they had not been told about it - why would the Apollo 14 astronauts suggest that someone was mining the moon in this portion of the mission transcript?

Surely someone at NASA must have been speculating about artificial structures on the moon such as lunar mines, and that someone must have also done so in the presence of these astronauts....

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I wonder, even though its good to see this sought of find hit the headlines and have a respected views backing it up, what does that mean for the many anomoly hunters here on ATS and other places. Has this vent been found and discussed before? It certainly lends a bit more credance to those who do find something out of the norm and maybe people will think twice before claiming 'Its a rock'. Unlikely though.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join