It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 - UK snoopers census

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

2011 - UK snoopers census

www.dailymail.co.uk

Ministers are being accused of planning to snoop into citizens' private lives in the most intrusive national census ever carried out.
The 2011 survey will demand to know how many bedrooms there are in homes and detailed information about any 'overnight visitors'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z0V2XJcSVl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Every time a new census comes out - more intrusive personal information is requested - with threat of fine / imprisonment if you do not compete it properly

The people of the UK need to remember that the government is elected by us to sort out our infrastructure - they fundamentally should not have the right to demand this type of intrusive personal information.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

Ignore it.

Simple.

Census letters = bin, make sure you shred the thing until its unreadable because its a government bin and it would not surprise me, maybe best to keep it stored away.

Guy at door demanding census information= put headphones on and listen to some music

Have all your information conflicting with other information and demand money anytime anyone asks you for information confirmation.

I dont give them a sniff of my life. Dont even waste your time reading about there nonsense plans.

I would say send a diaper with something in it to them but they would probably analyse it and have you arrested because you are giving them confirmation, either that or it would have evaporated by the time it was delivered at this rate with strikes

[edit on 26-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The thing is with the net how much info, have we all given them too.

They use all this info, at any time to wreck your life, because hypocrites society has plenty of, and people never look at there own lifes, just want to gossip and destroy others.

The amount of info they have on people, must be so much already. Pure scum.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Yes but the government already knows everything about everyone and watches them daily. They can see inside you home using the celldar program they set up quite some time ago.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The difference is that in order to use anything against you, you must confirm all the data they hold even if you are not aware of it.

They can know the color of your crap if they want but if you have not confirmed it, it is not legally your crap.

They can threaten with the "this may happen" but it wont unless you take the bait.

Same with phone calls, confirm you name.

Bank accounts, confirm you name etc.

Its the same with everything.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You do not need to tell me that they know everything, lol.

The thing is they can destroy people even with the most innocent knowledge of there lifes, as people are all hypocrites. Mob rule is like that, everyone going around perving into others lifes, when they are all alot worse, than the victim they are going after.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hello there suzi nothing that this washed up government dose surprises me anymore for a start Gordon Brown was not elected PM by the people.
You can not walk anywhere without CCTV everywhere some mite say well if you have nothing to hide why dose it bother you UK is getting like that film 1984 what do you think.
S+F

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I got stopped on the way to work a couple of weeks ago by a census taker, thats why they have police officers there, to make sure you stop.
I got pulled over and when the guy started asking " where am I going ?" I simply said "work", he tried to get the address but I said " I don't have to give it", he then asked me " where I cam from?" , I said "home" and left it at that .
The copper had to stop the traffic as I pulled out as I wasn't going to waste my time answering any of their stupid questions.
You don't have to give any answers as its an invasion of your privacy, end of.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Good point - I have nothing to hide.....but why should I give personal details to a council which happily admit that they sell on to the highest bidder to make a profit.
If they agreed that they would not sell my information (because you can lodge a form with them which stops the sale) I would like to know, why this new information is now required - they have managed without it historically - so what good will it do me, if I provide it.
Also I fundamentally believe that the change to the police state - surveillance society is morally / politically / fundamentally wrong - and I do not want to have to look my child in the eye and say that I did nothing to try to change things.
There is little that you can do .. my MP is probably sick to death of me but if you do nothing, then those with an evil agenda do not get the negative karmic feedback they deserve.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You are correct in your comments, star for you!

It is the same with stopping someone in the street, or even comming to your front door, All youhave to say, either you a not interested or, you are very busy and walk away from them.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The amazing thing is, everyone screams, how is this happening?

Yet the same people will make a phone call, a purchase, a statement on the bbc website along with there name and address, fill in a census form, go to court and take an oath thats forbidden, contribute to usury, pay taxes (that are a governments promise to pay that you work for) back to them.

We all moan about it but we feed it and allow it.

Who can blame any one individual or government? Nobody because we all contribute to it by even being here.

Who can stop it from happening? Who caused it in the first place?

Until people realise that these people are just responding to what you do, not the other way about, its never going to change so at least enjoy it if your going to take part.

Your comment about destroy people, it depends on what you value does it not? Death is the worst that can happen to you while you are here and the most certain thing that can happen to you. Most people find comfort in certainty throughout life, why doesnt anyone start with the most certain thing in life, death?

Once you figure out what happens in death then you will see that these people are not the ones who can destroy you, they are just a distraction, an annoyance and nothing more. Just like a bully, if you listen to them all day they will scare you and if you take a swipe at the bullys chin after he taunts you, he will most likely burst you because hes in control.

Yes sticks and stones might hurt you but the truth is that these people are only making others a threat to their own selves by confusing everyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This link

LINK

Suggests that (not sure if its true)

"The process of running the 2011 Census will be contracted out by the Office of National Statistics to a private company.
One of the two contractors in the final round of selection is the arms company Lockheed Martin, 80% of whose business is with the US Department of Defense and other Federal Government agencies.
This might concern you because:
The Census rules mean that every household will be legally obliged to provide a wide range of personal information that will be handled by the chosen contractor."

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You must admit, everyone is so confused and disorientated that know one really knows what to look out for or what to do or were to begin.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
When you say that you do not have to answer - you may find yourself slapped with a fine

"Fines of £1,000 can be imposed for failing to answer or giving a false answer to census questions."

LINK

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Just do as other posters have said do not give them any info.
Something that DataWaith said is a bit like what happend with the Germans stopped in traffic and questions like i said before nothing surprises me anymore.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Well saying you do not have to answer is taking part.

Doing nothing whatsover is not taking part.

I mean, if you have not taken part in a census, how can they arrest you or fine you for refusing to give them information? They would have to have the information already given and confirmed by you in a previous census along with acknowledgement that the accuracy of the old information is correct.

A census can only be used for a certain amount of time, I am sure it is around 6 years before it can no longer be used, the data protection act applies to the census.

If you ignore the letters and do not speak a word to anyone who comes to your door you will have no consequence because you are not even acknowledging that you have to take a census in the first place.

Speaking, answering a door, answering a telephone, replying to a question in the street or replying to a letter is all acknowledgement and information that can be collected.

Anything that is an exchange contains information that you are giving away out of your own free will. We should be asking for something in return if we want to give it away.

So, for example if a census member came to your home and knocks on the door. If you answer and say "get off my lawn you bad census man".

He can go back with information that a male/female answered the door and told me to get away. That is information enough to compare that to old records if that makes sense. All given by, YOU.

Before you know it, your in trouble and you got yourself in the mess by opening your mouth and the door.

I mean think about it, if your name was Jim and you had called a business before and said my names Jim, I work here, I am married, I have 2 kids, I live here, my date of birth is bla bla. If someone comes to your door representing anyone or calls and says "Jim?" and you say "Yes".

You have just confirmed who you are.

It is the same as well if you are stopped on the roads, an officer will ask to see your licence. Why then does an officer ask you to confirm you name and address. Even if you are in court you must confirm who you are, unless you have given a lawyer the authority to represent you.

Everything works through you, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by XXXN3O

You must admit, everyone is so confused and disorientated that know one really knows what to look out for or what to do or were to begin.

Yes.

Who confused everyone?

Where are most going to make sense of it?

Irony?

new topics

top topics

join