It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phew, the world will not disappear in 2012 but in 2208

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Phew, the world will not disappear in 2012 but in 2208

translate.google.com

The prophecy of the end of the world in 2012 is based on a calculation mistake. In fact, the announced date is 2208, scientists reported in the November issue of the journal NWT Natuurwetenschap & Techniek.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
translate.google.com

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I couldn't find any English sources.
Is it really a miscalculation or disinformation?
Are all those that believe in 2012 going to be heavily ridiculed?
It isn't just the Mayan calender so what do you think is going to happen? I think that this is disinformation to ridicule the subject just like they always do when it concerns stuff like this.

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well, when the current fear tactic runs its course, the big guys sit in a room and say "Well, they arent scared of this anymore, so lets just set a new date(A off the top figure pointing toa precise time)for them to start worrying again".

Let me all let you in on a little secret. The world perishes, NONE of us will live to see it, hell our grandchildrens grandchildrens grandchildren probably wont live to see it. I just dont see very good odds for the planet ending anytime soon, its been around for what, a few million years? Who really knows?

I think it is really arrogant of people to believe that they are capable of saying when the planet is going to perish. I guess it gives them something to do I guess, come up with crazy whacked out ideas in their spare time just to scare the living **** out of other people.

THE WORLD WILL END WHEN I AM NO LONGER ALIVE!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
(I can pretty much guarantee you that those who believe in a 2012 Apocalypse are going to be heavily ridiculed, on about December 22, 2012.

This is a freaking calendar. All calendars come to an end. Then you start over again.

Even if the Mayans really did predict that the end of the world will take place on 12/21/2012 (or, if not the end of the world, then the end of a cycle and the beginning of another) - even if they did predict this, why would their prophecy be any closer to the truth than anyone else's prophecy?

NO ONE'S PROPHECIES COME TRUE.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

^^^^
Are you sure??

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
nothing happening in2012 except per Zion Olympics, world's not collapsing overnight, tho UK will not be in some hundred years because of increasing sea levels

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Is it really a miscalculation or disinformation?
Are all those that believe in 2012 going to be heavily ridiculed?
It isn't just the Mayan calender so what do you think is going to happen? I think that this is disinformation to ridicule the subject just like they always do when it concerns stuff like this.

It very well may be a miscalculation. Disinformation? Unlikely as i dont see what they would be trying to disinform us of unless you mean by keeping up this terrible charade for another century.
Yes, all those that believe in 2012 WILL be heavily ridiculed and rightly so.
This doesnt ridicule the subject it only serves to spur it on.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
2012 is just the end of the Mayan calendar, its a calendar just like ours, but based on a longer time frame.

Saying the world will end in 2012 is like saying the world will end December 31.

It's just when the calendar resets. Even the Mayans are tired of hearing this crap.

"Anthropologists visit the temple sites," Mr. Barrios says, "and read the stelas and inscriptions and make up stories about the Maya, but they do not read the signs correctly. It’s just their imagination...Other people write about prophecy in the name of the Maya. They say that the world will end in December 2012. The Mayan elders are angry with this. The world will not end. It will be transformed. The indigenous have the calendars, and know how to accurately interpret it, not others."

[edit on 26-10-2009 by crisko]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would not worry about the 2208, by that time you and everyone you know will be cosmic dust, the moon would have our future space port up and running, and mars is to be mined for that elusive metal that all space agencies are so eager to get their hands on.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Even the 2012 date is hotly debated, just as far as the End of the Mayan Calendar is concerned. The Actual experts (meaning Archaeologists, Paleographers, Calendrists, Anthropologists, and Astronomers) can't agree on any date between 2010 - 2014 due to the changes in our own calendar since the time of the Mayans.

So, of course there is going to be a dissenting belief that they are all wrong and it is some other date far into the future (and I'm genuinely surprised it didn't come from Sitchin this time round).

Besides, consider it the Apocalyptic version of a graceful exit strategy. If 12.21.2012 comes and goes without a single event and it's business as usual, the entire Cash Cow Industry based around the Mayan Calendar Apocalypse doesn't have to end and the money can keep flowing for another 196 years.

When hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake, you need a back-up plan.

Sounds to me like the Mayan Calendar Apocalyptics learned a thing or two from Y2K.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Not true.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What pew 2208. Only 2 years to go since this week.

Why the Creation Cycles do not end
December 21 2012, but October 28, 2011

www.calleman.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Finally found that the new calculation was based on the work of
Andreas Puls.
www.archaeoastronomie.de...

It would happen 208 years later.
This makes it: 2012 + 208 = 2220

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dangit!

My MRE's will expire. I spent like $80. Now I'm gonna have to buy some more!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
meh, lets those bastards in 2208 deal with it

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
2220 news also on:

www.blogscanada.ca...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
From the article:

Recent research of archaeologists, astronomers and scientists have shown that this date is frivolous because the Mayan calendar ends two centuries later.

Well your date is frivolous because the recent research from my schoolz shows that people should cite their sources and not be so damn vague.

Bastards.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Someone I 'know' posted this on another forum and I thought it was pertinent and worth sharing!

"What I dont understand is how a bunch of Christians can possibly believe anything written centuries ago by a bunch of pagan, animal slaughtering, war mongering....

Oh wait"

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
2012 is just the end of the Mayan calendar, its a calendar just like ours, but based on a longer time frame.

There are other Mayan calendars that go far beyond 2012.

2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.
******SKIP******
Bernal notes there are other inscriptions at Mayan sites for dates far beyond 2012 — including one that roughly translates into the year 4772.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Some prophecies come true. I agree with you though. We really shouldn't put all our faith into a defunct civilization who didn't even make the infamous prediction. Their calendar simply stops on that date and people made an assumption that the Mayans thought the world would end that day.

You know what they say about when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join