It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 should be 2220! According to a dutch scientific magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi there,

We can relax. Earth stays as it is for the next centuries. Well, according to a dutch scientific magazine "Natuurwetenschap & techniek" (Nature science & technics).

Translated

Thought, for what little 2012-prophets know is that the GMT-correlation over the past ten years under heavy fire has come to be examined by modern astronomers, archaeologists and a few hobby using mathematical. The final blow was arguably the thesis that nature scientist Andreas Fuls three years ago doctorate at the Technical University Berlin. Fuls pointed out that the GMT-correlation not consistent with a preserved Mayan table on which the positions of Venus are listed. And so there is more, such as inscriptions and objects in time of Goodman, Martinez and Thompson were not detected or outdated. By adding to it all, comes from a very different Fuls dating: one that 208 years has shifted. The end of the long count by the correlation is only about two centuries, at 21, 22 or December 23, 2220. "It is the only option," says Fuls if you ask him about it.

The original article in dutch can be read here: LINK

The translated article can be found here: LINK

Greetings Lunica

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My fear is that many of these notions will crawl out of the woodwork and be wielded as excuses by those who have stood adamantly by their apocalyptic stance.

Come 2013, we can expect a plethora of, "It's actually 2020!" threads.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ahhhh, the Maya didnt operate in GMT or any of those goodies.

Call of the fireballs and earthqueakes, still 200 years left...
should we turn our calendars back to 1800 ??
I always wondered how it would be to live in those days, and behold, they did have computers..

But seriously, what is this about ??
Is it about the errors in our current time/date system or just that 100ds of researchers have overlooked an time glitch ?

Didnt the Maya operate with 'no time' periods ?
There were days that were between times and were not counted as any thing, not day or week, I'm not sure what this have to do with any thing, but...

Drunvalo did not know about it, all the maya elders didnt know abit it, who to belive, who ??

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bummer. Here I was all set to go out looting, killing and just having general mayhem be the guiding force. And I have to miss out on all this. Phooey.

I say we just go ahead as planned. And make the world a better place for those of us that survive it.

Besides, missing out on the November 2012 shopping spree would be devastating to the economic recovery plan. And we can't have anything interrupt that now, can we?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think some of this doom and gloom stuff is getting a bit out of hand.
First it is the year 2000 all of our PC's should have fried. Then it is 2012 and now 2220.

Does this mean Nibiru isn't really on the way or are the Annunaki just a bit delayed reminds me of the great prophet Zarquan in the Restaurant at the end of the universe.

Having said that we could all be hit by a truck tomorow.
Mmm is that glass half empty or half full..... just sayin

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The prophecy of the end of the world in 2012 is based on a calculation mistake. In fact, the announced date is 2208, scientists reported in the November issue of the journal NWT Natuurwetenschap & Techniek

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why the Creation Cycles do not end
December 21 2012, but October 28, 2011

www.calleman.com...

Is it 2011, 2012, 2208 or 2220?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Finally found that the new calculation was based on the work of
Andreas Puls.
www.archaeoastronomie.de...

It would happen 208 years later.
This makes it: 2012 + 208 = 2220

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123
Finally found that the new calculation was based on the work of
Andreas Puls.
www.archaeoastronomie.de...

It would happen 208 years later.
This makes it: 2012 + 208 = 2220

News also on:

www.blogscanada.ca...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok... So what do we tell the millions of people that watch the History Channel and pledge allegiance to T.V.?

Does this mean there is no NWO agenda for 2012 then?

I thought everyone had caught on... 2012 isn't about an exact date.

It's about the Human Race that has a lot of # to get done, and might as well get at it because its starting to pile up.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It was my understanding that the days were counted individually from the beginning of the Mayan civilization to the end of the calendar, whereby no conversion was ever made, it wouldn't matter what calendar you're using.. it would still be the same number of days from the start date. Besides, the actual time frame of 2012 has a lot to do with the astronomical position of the earth in relation to the milky way which has been verified numerous times using different software.. I'd be interested to see if anyone can find any special cosmological circumstances happening in 2220? I think pinpointing the astronomical significance will be more accurate than playing with dates.. after all, ancient cultures really didn't care much for dates or time in our sense of the words, but rather "time" in the astronomical sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The Mayan Calendar was never keeping track of time (especially the end of it), so if anyone is expecting a certain "event" to take place on 12/21/12, you're going to be very disappointed. If you're one of these people, I'm guessing you're having one of two reactions to this new (dis)information that was just published: 1) you breathed a sigh of relief and can now sleep peacefully at night because the world is safe, or 2) you're angry because you are now not going to be alive when the day comes.

Detach yourself from your mind for a second and look within the deepest caverns of your soul. Do you really, sincerely believe, that with all the other corroborative sources that mention 2012, and that with all the change happening in your personal lives and in the world -- geologically, economically, politically, scientifically, technologically, etc. -- that the world isn't being transformed at an inconceivable rate? The sun is getting hotter, the arctic shelves are set to disappear within 10-20 years, the economy is in turmoil, the middle east is in havoc, technology is accelerating, the rate of UFO sightings has increased tenfold within the last few years etc. More change is happening in the world now than in any time else in history!

How relieved are you now? By having you think that the world isn't transforming and that 2012 isn't someway significant, the negative ET energies that control this reality have you in their grip. They'll continue to deter you from discovering your divine nature as a conscious creator of reality, and you will continue to be their slaves. Are you going to let this happen, or are you going to start taking responsibility for your lives and listening to your intuitive, higher selves? At the risk of sounding like a new-age nutjob, it's your choice now whether you want to work for the light, or continue to stay in prison in the dark.

top topics

join