It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring Ghosts, Souls, Orbs, Ectoplasm, Evil spirits and Poltergeists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That's a lot of work there Zazz, and more than likely a good starter place for seekers, although there are a few things that may not be correct.

You said:

The SOUL The soul is the immaterial part of a person; separate to yet also part of the collective mind...confusing? A soul is identity, awareness achieved and stored as energy. It is housed in the body, and also connected to the mind. Attached to the body it is limited to one fixed time and space, and its symmetric attachment to mind is not bound by time and space.

This is still a very traditional view of Soul, and may I say a very limited view too.

How I see and experience is ....

The Soul is massive and powerful. When it is ready for incarnation it simply reaches into the denser realms with a small portion of itself, a tendril if you wish. While you the incarnated portion is running around "down here" the remainder of the Soul Awareness is very busy in every other level of awareness, experiencing multiple incarnations at various levels, and other forms, and all for the experiences offered by those conditions.

The way I see and experience the Soul I am is from the perspective of that Soul as opposed to using our limited human awareness... they are opposite ends of the awareness spectrum.

Anyway, keep up the work Zazz

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thank you for this as i am always interested in the Paranormal.This is very well done. Thank you

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would like to suggest that ghosts are not entity's themselves. Memory and emotion create a form of energy when we perceive it. The more powerful the memory and/or emotion the more powerful the energy. What if ghosts were simply exhausted energy when we ascended into our higher conscious at death? So instead of thinking of ghosts as beings who once were, to rather a thought that is left behind... So interaction with ghosts isn't a contact with a being but more of a supernatural art film. Which makes me think what they could communicate are not lies or truths, but just thought processes stuck on a loop

Just a theory of mine. There is no real validity behind it I suppose.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

Why do I fear the Lord?
Let me count the ways!...

Proverbs 9:10,"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,and knowledge of the holy one is understanding."

Psalm 112:1,"Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,who finds great delight in His commands."

Psalm 34:7,"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him,and He delivers them."

If you had a Concordance,you could look up many,many passages relating to the fear of the Lord,but something tells me you won't!

But if you'd rather know what Karl Marx has to say,you might find this rather interesting...

"When all political foundations of religion are wiped out,when the organization and the institutional structure of the church are destroyed,then normally religious faith,the Christian faith,would have to disappear. But it is not out of the question that the Christian faith will survive anyhow. This would mean that there is a religious reality that does not depend soley on the sociological and the institutional;and under these conditions we would have to heed this reality,which is not in the category of traditional religion."

I don't think of myself as one of the "masses" in need of an "opiate". What I am is a "sinner" in need of "salvation",and I have that through my faith in Jesus Christ.

But you're right,I will be back to this subject,and if you care to continue this conversation,I'll be around!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

here's that picture I told you about , most who have seen it say it is smoke. I took it when I was 15, in my house. My parents smoked, but they weren't at home when I took it, so no smoking going on at the time. The straight lines are scratches on the picture btw.

so what are your thoughts on this one?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Again I find myself in fundamental disagreement with the very basics of assumptions that surface in these "theories", but then again I must acknowledge that my opinions are just as baseless than anyone else's.

I don't agree with the OP. These things are not energy, they are matter. Everything in my opinion is matter - what many like to call energy, I call more fine matter. Even the "energy" from sun is matter. Even the supposed "soul" is matter. This is my opinion, which I am entitled to.

-v

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Its a disusussion thread so I am pleased you have contributed, you dont have to agree
and you are quite right, however Matter and Energy are interchangable because they are essentially the same thing in different forms.
Forms of energy do not have mass, matter has mass.

E=mc^2 means that matter and energy are interchangeable if you turn mass into energy and you can turn energy into mass. Matter contains a much higher energy density.

Matter as a form of storing energy, like a battery storing electrical energy, If you are to extract the energy from matter then you would be left with all the energy that was stored in the form of matter.Thats kinda how they end up existing, they are the removed energy from matter.
Do they then maintain density as matter?
Matter is just a state of energy.

You can call it either.
Lets say that Ghosts are imprinted consciousness as a state of energy (which could also mean matter hehehe)

Fair comprimise? Or not?

[edit on 1-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Ola Tayesin

This is still a very traditional view of Soul, and may I say a very limited view too. How I see and experience is .... The Soul is massive and powerful. When it is ready for incarnation it simply reaches into the denser realms with a small portion of itself, a tendril if you wish. While you the incarnated portion is running around "down here" the remainder of the Soul Awareness is very busy in every other level of awareness, experiencing multiple incarnations at various levels, and other forms, and all for the experiences offered by those conditions

Its pretty much the same description, I just use "collective mind" instead of "collective soul"
I see the soul as the tendril you speak of, experiencing infinity for the collective soul/mind

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

here's that picture I told you about , most who have seen it say it is smoke. I took it when I was 15, in my house. My parents smoked, but they weren't at home when I took it, so no smoking going on at the time. The straight lines are scratches on the picture btw.

so what are your thoughts on this one?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I've seen similar shapes on photos because of developing fluid not being properly washed off before drying.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by v01i0

Forms of energy do not have mass, matter has mass.

There is a point in that notion. However, I tend to think that energy, matter and mass are merely terms invented for the sake of conception - I am not arguing about their usefulness, my argument was more to point out that I personally don't consider them to be distinct, which seems to be somewhat similar to your notion as well, though distinct on approach.

But as you said, matter can be considered as concentration of energy. A valid approach in my opinion.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

You can call it either.
Lets say that Ghosts are imprinted consciousness as a state of energy (which could also mean matter hehehe)

Fair comprimise? Or not?

A fair compromise. I too do think it would be quite fruitless effort to start arguing over petty differences in conception regarding this matter.

-v

PS. I'll post an image that I posted on another thread. I don't know if you find it interesting in anyway, I'll leave it on your consideration. It is G.I Gurdjieff's table of hydrogens that basically suggests that universe is build from various forms of Hydrogens. I think Gurdjieff himself claimed that everything is matter, some are only finer than others - A valid conception - in my opinion - and which I have adopted as well.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f94de85137d262c9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i believe that a ghost is just a strong imprint left on time by the person whos been in an extreme emotional situation, like an emotional fingerprint so to speak.

hope that makes sense i know what i mean in my head

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I agree with your thought that poltergeist activity is the result of psychokinetic energy. Many people seem to believe that a poltergeist is an actual entity, however, it is quite different from a haunting. I have lived in two homes where poltergeist activity has revolved around myself, but has never seemed to get past a level 3. In other words, the knocking, rapping, voices, mocking, apports, touching, movement of objects, and electrical disruption have all taken place. The only thing I have not experienced is violence from a poltergeist and I hope it does not get that far.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join