It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring Ghosts, Souls, Orbs, Ectoplasm, Evil spirits and Poltergeists

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A ghost - or spirit or apparition - is the energy remnant or "trapped soul" of a person who has died and has somehow gotten stuck between this plane of existence and another. Some people say the next plane of existence. From understandings I have have gathered, it can be just another existence, not always a higher last stop "heavenly plane" Spirits do incarnate on this plane again and again. A spirit knows when it is dead, and funerals help with this, however there are fragments of a spirit that remain "earth bound". They can be bound to their previous life and or location for a myriad of reasons. Usually those that do no wish to leave where they are, nor acknowledge their death. Also when people died due to a trauma and or highly emotional circumstance their energy remains here, vibrating disembodied.
Ghosts can manifest through several ways. Can you clear a ghost? Usually yes. This can be done by changing the resonance of the place you are at. Fear of a ghost also makes them stronger as you resonate in a deeper level through the fear, your almost like a battery. A ghost does not understand that time has passed. We apply time in this reality, though elsewhere it does not exist, We can be strange occurrences to them in their reality. They no longer have a functioning brain to imprint new memory recall, so they are trapped without brain processing of new events and memory.

- Aparate to the naked eye or camera as a solid, ectoplasmic, vortex, shadow, orb.
- Noises and disembodies voices.

- Draining or playing messing with electricity, A way to continue their energy vibrating in this existence. In a way they a a form of electrical energy.

- Moving objects

- Smells.

- Temperature variations like cold spots Why cold? as heat is a result of resonating energy, and a entity survives off that so they "suck out the heat"

People can be responsible for seeing or manifesting a ghost through their own issues.
Photography is an effective way to capture a ghost, the light speed is different to the naked eye.
Most images can be explained by natural means.
An electromagnetic receiver can assist in picking up a ghost.
Digital Cameras are more likely to capture a ghost however as opposed to film they will also can capture dust or light flare electrical capture of images.
A mist is often mistaken as a ghost, but is usually attributed to smoke or fog.
I've done a thread on this image, it is yet to be debunked.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d08dcc5577f4.jpg[/atsimg]

ORBS:
Orbs are the most photographed paranormal image. They are thought to be round as they expend less energy to exist in this form than to aparate as a body. They can often be explained away.
Dust is a usual culprit as well as reflecting bright light sources such as the sun, light bulbs etc., so if you are ghost hunting and taking photos of orbs, remember to not photograph near bright lights.
If you can discount the above, you most likely have a spirit orb, which can be both passed spirits of the collective, or a earth bound spirit. A guide spirit of family member passed can be around you, its not always a "haunting"

Orbs emit their own light they are their own energy. Light and time can travel at different rates. A orb with blurred tail is indicative of a movement of energy

They can be seen as different colours.

Theory #1 - Color difference in orbs is caused by "chromatic distortion" which is a fancy way of saying that our eyes perceive different wavelengths and shapes as varying colors. If a particle happens to be of a certain makeup or shape, it will tend to absorb certain wavelengths of light and reflect others, thus giving the perception of a certain color. Paravision has an interesting page on the anatomy of an orb. Theory # 2 - Orb color difference is caused by the energy of the spirit who is represented by the orb. For example, some ghost hunters believe that red and orange orbs represent a spirit who is angry or in need of healing. Other shadow chasers claim that red is a color associated with an energy that seems to be on guard duty (often watching over a last outpost, or a loved one who has died). ghosthuntingsecrets.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc351a80e487.jpg[/atsimg]

ECTOPLASM:
Ectoplasm always reminds be of Ghostbusters, LOL it shows up in a photo as opaque, but again can really be fog or mist. Why ectoplasm appears non orb like, I am unsure, still researching that.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7526ac5cac9b.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to correct typo for thread author.

[edit on Nov 1st 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
POLTERGEIST
"Poltergeist" is a German word meaning "noisy spirit." en.wikipedia.org...

Now these are interesting, previously we thought that they were more "wicked" and active ghosts, however more and more it appears that activity seems to centre around an individual,

The mind (not brain or ego) is responsible for creating the reality we exist in. And activity associated with Poltergeists is I Believe psychokinetic activity as a result of emotional, psychological or physical stress. Abuse victims and teens, people going though a trauma will be the ones associated with the activity. This could also mean that a ghost form is given more "power" by the energy that is created from the trauma/distress.
Poltergeists can be quite violent, and have a power to move objects and create visual terror such as blood on walls, or on a person.
Famous Poltergeist examples

Like many paranormal phenomena, poltergeist stories date back well into history. Poltergeist activity was reported as early as 530 C.E., in the home of the chief physician to the Ostrogoth King Theodoric. In 858 C.E., a report of supernatural stone throwing comes from the small town of Bingen on the Rhine, where Romans were fighting the Gauls.*

The Rosenheim Poltergeist in 1967, where a Bavarian attorney's office was plagued by electrical phenomena such as the unscrewing and bursting of light bulbs, the tripping of switches, and phone numbers called thousands of times, was investigated not only by psychical researchers, but also psychologists and physicists, as well as the electric company. It was found that the phenomena always occurred in the presence of a 19 year old female employee.

The Miami Poltergeist case, also from 1967, centered around a disgruntled and recently suicidal employee in a warehouse, around whom items would fly off the shelves and break. Researchers recorded 224 separate incidents, and numerous tests were carried out to rule out fraud. The paranormal phenomena were witnessed not only by parapsychologists, but also by police officers and a professional magician.
Depending on the power of a poltergeist, its activity can range from cold drafts, odd sounds, and foul smells to levitating objects, unseen hands, and physical abuse. Accounts of early poltergeist activity can be found in the work of ancient Roman writer Titus Livius, "Ab Urbe Condita," wherein a shower of stones scared the Roman army. Other notable records of poltergeist activity involving people being dragged away from their beds by unseen forces and of unexplainable fires were written by Jacob Grimm in his work "Deustche Mythologie." Given the largely superstitious atmosphere of that time, poltergeist activity was readily attributed to demonic powers.

But the progress of paranormal science and parapsychology during the 20th century gave rise to a new concept about the nature of poltergeists. Separate studies done by parapsychologists Nandor Fodor, Alan Gauld and A. D. Cornell, and William Roll traced poltergeist existence and activity not in paranormal entities but in humans. According to their theories on the human-poltergeist connection, the force usually ascribed to poltergeists are powerful emotional and mental triggers in the human psyche. These theories have their foundations on the idea that poltergeist.

But the progress of paranormal science and parapsychology during the 20th century gave rise to a new concept about the nature of poltergeists. Separate studies done by parapsychologists Nandor Fodor, Alan Gauld and A. D. Cornell, and William Roll traced poltergeist existence and activity not in paranormal entities but in humans. According to their theories on the human-poltergeist connection, the force usually ascribed to poltergeists are powerful emotional and mental triggers in the human psyche. These theories have their foundations on the idea that poltergeist activity usually occurs in places which have seen much violence and suffering or around persons who are experiencing deep emotional turmoils. Roll even went as far as to name the phenomenon as "recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis" or RSPK. This refers to the expression of intense emotion like hostility, anger, and sexual tension from a human agent which causes inexplicable physical manifestations such as levitation. The agent is usually oblivious to the fact the he or she caused the disturbance because it is the subconscious mind which found a way to release any repressed emotion through psychokinesis.

On the other hand, poltergeist activity without the presence of an agent is attributed to the remnants of intense emotions in a particular locale, a phenomenon similar to how a place gives one "the creeps" without any apparent reason. In this case, poltergeist activity is simply an outward manifestation of human emotion. It is perfectly controllable as long as the agent expresses pent-up feelings, hence, lessening chances of subconscious "poltergeist" activity. www.trueghosttales.com...

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...
The Einfeld Poltergeist ia a world famous case, and the children have admitted to some fakery, it is acceptable that the girls started to imitate what was around them. There were many occurances that could not be explained by police officers, researches, press and neighbours etc. I personally think the mother was traumatised by the husband leaving, and the elder daughter for the same reason, they gave it power via their distress. Then as their fear and a media/investigation circus in the house grew, so did the poltergeists power. As the fear died down, so did the activity. The lead investigator Maurice Grosse I think liked it all a bit too much....

EVIL ENTITIES
I will only touch on as I don't think the traditional concept of Demon exists unless given power by us. Whilst evil can incarnate, it will have the ability to learn and change through life, there is also non corporeal "evil" charged energy that exists. Some say they exist outside of human experience, others say they are remnants of wicked intent that forgets the humanity it once was.

The SOUL
The soul is the immaterial part of a person; separate to yet also part of the collective mind...confusing?
A soul is identity, awareness achieved and stored as energy. It is housed in the body, and also connected to the mind. Attached to the body it is limited to one fixed time and space, and its symmetric attachment to mind is not bound by time and space.
Hate to link this site, but a good explanation

"Its the consciousness that's beyond time and space and all pervading.Mind is just a tool through which our we think and gain knowledge like how we use eyes,nose,ears to see,hear and breathe.It has neither a creation nor an end, it has no boundaries either"

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the sharing....

...Ghosts can manifest through several ways. Can you clear a ghost? Usually yes. This can be done by changing the resonance of the place you are at....

I burn copious ammounts of incense, folklore tells us that 'Sage' is good for homes, living places.
i have a vague recall that Sage incense is good to calm spirits/ghosts/etc

? perhaps the act of burning incense is changing the 'resonance' ?

~oops~
didn't mean to break your string of posts, Nemaste

[edit on 26-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Zazz, I have always thought of seeing ghosts as like watching the replay of a movie..hence why sightings are similar.
Since time is not really linear, we are seeing what I call "overlaps".
Great research!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Thanks for the sharing....

...Ghosts can manifest through several ways. Can you clear a ghost? Usually yes. This can be done by changing the resonance of the place you are at....

I burn copious ammounts of incense, folklore tells us that 'Sage' is good for homes, living places.
i have a vague recall that Sage incense is good to calm spirits/ghosts/etc

? perhaps the act of burning incense is changing the 'resonance' ?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by St Udio]

Yes it does in the "time space" you are in, it is calming, but most importantly your intent resonates a sacred space for you to exist in. The mind manifests the experience you exist in.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I like the way you explain that the entity's have no concept of time, as this makes more sense to me than any other way of thinking.

Excellent thread as usual and knowledgeable as well. You have given me more to think about here, but it seems that you have most of it down pat.

Do you have any theories as to why some are photographed as "smoke"?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Great thread zazz, I have not ever got into ghosts and other spirit-like beings too much, but do believe they exist, it is a mater of physics to me (as is a lot, lol). But with your very well put together thread I am sure learning some very interesting and useful infomation in regards to the subject matter, which at times can be somewhat confusing with all the "terms". Thanks for taking the time to make this for all of us, I for one am glad you have begun to share a lot more of your insight with us here on ATS. Keep it up (now if we can just get you in the UFO forum
).

BTW: That pic with the guy in the window..That is freaking CREEPY, you said it has not been debunked? WOW

S/F...

[edit on 10/26/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If I may, I have an article published on this very subject at The Daily Grail...

A Few Thoughts on Ghosts -

Someone once said… ‘Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.’ Now, on the surface of this brief statement, is a certain ring of logic. It makes sense to us, at first anyway, that the weight of a claim should be counterbalanced by an equally weighty bit of proof. But then you may begin to think about it in depth and if you do, you realize what a completely ridiculous notion it really is.

The entire article can be found here:

www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

I like the way you explain that the entity's have no concept of time, as this makes more sense to me than any other way of thinking.

Do you have any theories as to why some are photographed as "smoke"?

Cheers TW, we apply time in a linear fashion. They simply exist outside of it and are unaware of it. Stuck in a loop where "time" doesnt exist n the same way.

The "smoke ones" are often infact cigarette smoke.
This ectoplasm form I SUSPECT (dont hold me to it) are moving from Orb to aparate, though Im still asking the "the other side" that question...will let you know if they answer

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Bingo, thanks for the link, they give the same explanation for cold spot and energy "feeding"

Again, we know that energy and heat are one in the same, merely in different forms. If a spirit could tap the heat in the air of any given location, it might then be capable of rendering that energy into a form that reflects visible light. This would, perhaps, explain the ‘cold spots’ so often reported along with ghost/spirit events. The spirit/entity extracts the energy needed for the manifestation from the heat in the air, thus leaving that cold spot in its wake. It may even be theorized that ghosts actually feed from various sources of energy, in much the same way our bodies get the same from the food we eat.

www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I didn't see that person as a male (the image in open wall of the castle), it seemed for like an elderly female. Looking closer you can even see what looks to be early 16th or late 15th century clothing. Quite a bit of ruffled lace around the neck area would indicate Elizabethan period. Granted, it could be a living person who enjoys dressing up in period costume and roaming empty castles, but the clothing looked awesome! (I'm a fashion buff and I love looking at period costumes
)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

somehow gotten stuck between this plane of existence and another

I am a big fan of paranormal research and I believe there is much, much more to life and the universe than we can see.

But...

An explanation that cites unexplainable things isn't really an explanation at all. I would imagine you'd need to describe a lot more here to move your definition out of hypothesis and into description.

I'm not debunking at all, but I know the debunkers would have a lot to say with your use of the word 'explanation'.

Pls keep up the good work! S&F

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Good thread zazz

I myself have witnessed (independently) ghost and cold spots. I've seen smokes and shadow men.

The evidence always seem to be limited and skeptics would dismiss photos as anomalies or cigarette smokes.

And yes nobody could debunk that picture of the old lady LOL.

S&F

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

I'm not debunking at all, but I know the debunkers would have a lot to say with your use of the word 'explanation'.

Well bring it

Its starts @ maybe 101, but if someone wants to go right down how they exist pertaining to the fractional nature of the creational source refering to fractional quantum mechanics or the fractional space and time concept or the role of symmtery and infinty for all "ordered and chaotic " exisitence including 'ghosts' Im here and waiting

But I think Ive started the right way to go about helping people understand the differences between these energies and how they can explain postive or false positives.

c

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Shadow men
Hmm hugely popular nowadays, becasue dark=evil in the western popular psyche
1stly, you could be insane, and DA as I know you are, that probably explains your sighting
j/k give me a little more detail to go on.
They can be Ghosts, however, most ghosts are orb, or physical human projected aparition as they were in life, the shadowmen are just an outline, this deosnt discount type of ghost through.

I place them ususally under the manifested through stress category , or they attract to distress, like a poltergeist. This makes them parasitic. People sence manevoulence with these, is it a sence or just the scary pop culture image of a shadow?

Why are they shadows? Are they made of a densness that light cannot pass through?

Thx DA

[edit on 26-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

AWWWW you know me too well. Yes I am insane.

Hmm hugely popular nowadays, becasue dark=evil in the western popular psyche

Probably true but I never said what I and others have experienced were evil. Actually it was more of a neutral experience. I've had more than one experience and they were never scary or "evil". I've felt them as well.

It's hard to describe. I could explain to you that it's like looking at someone's shadow at night, but that's just against some wall. What I have experienced wasn't on some wall, but in a real 3D space. I say that it's like a smoke but really it isn't really a smoke. Hard to explain it unless you have experienced it yourself.

Before you think I am insane
I have experienced this with my other friends at the same time. There is much to explain.

I have not seen orbs myself but I do trust some other people when they say they have seen the orbs.

Why are they shadows? Are they made of a densness that light cannot pass through?

You're asking me? I'm the insane one, remember?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I found this youtube video that might be a good example. I can't find the other good video that Nephy provided.

Look at the last part. That looks geniune.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Its starts @ maybe 101, but if someone wants to go right down how they exist pertaining to the fractional nature of the creational source refering to fractional quantum mechanics or the fractional space and time concept or the role of symmtery and infinty for all "ordered and chaotic " exisitence including 'ghosts' Im here and waiting

If I knew what the hell you just said, I might take you up on that.

I like the explanation in the OP, that makes sense to me.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

She's probably referring to the fractal nature of the universe.

There's always a reality underneath another reality.

Like Alice, you keep going in that rabbit's hole and you keep going into another reality and another and another and so on.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
She's probably referring to the fractal nature of the universe.

There's always a reality underneath another reality.

Like Alice, you keep going in that rabbit's hole and you keep going into another reality and another and another and so on.

Source? Would love to read more about this, never heard this theory before...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join