It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC is safe, here is proof from nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Atmospheric cosmic rays (atomic/subatomic particles, electrons, protons, etc..) with energies(subatomic speeds) exceeding that of LHC (even the relative head-on collisions induced in LHC) and occurs in the atmosphere

en.wikipedia.org...

Extreme Energy Cosmic Ray research:
www.hep.vanderbilt.edu...

from the link:

The cms energies of the events are as large as a PeV (1015eV), orders of magnitude beyond the Fermilab Tevatron and the LHC. Consequently, there is ample room in EECR data for new physics; conversely, new physics at scales beyond the LHC cms energy of 14 TeV can only be studied in the foreseeable future with EECRs. And Nature gives us this extreme-energy cosmic beam at no cost!

The point is far more extreme examples happen in our atmosphere many times the energy of say, protons in head-on collision experiments in LHC. And here we are! Still alive! So why worry at something with lot less energy??

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
haha...I see Steven Hawking has *tricked* you as well...read my thread please...your lack of knowledge on this subject is exactly why I wrote it... A beginners guide to the LHC and possible doomsday scenarios...

EDIT: You are correct...but it isn't the amount of energy involved that's the problem really...after all, it's only two photons, even if fully converted into energy they could contain it...it's the nature of what they are attempting to do that's the problem...and it doesn't happen naturally in our atmosphere...and probably doesn't happen naturally full stop...and it's never been done before...read my thread to get a better understanding of what I'm talking about...

[edit on 26/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
EDIT: You are correct...but it isn't the amount of energy involved that's the problem really...after all, it's only two photons, even if fully converted into energy they could contain it...it's the nature of what they are attempting to do that's the problem...and it doesn't happen naturally in our atmosphere...and probably doesn't happen naturally full stop...and it's never been done before...read my thread to get a better understanding of what I'm talking about...

This is from your thread:

Nostradamus clearly stated something would destroy Geneva...Saturn will turn from gold to iron? That implies transmutation of elements to me. Contrary raypoz? The positive rays? Protons...positive particles?

What I understood about 'contrary raypoz', yep positive rays AND 'contrary', could also mean the counter-rotating beams of the LHC that is meant to collide the protons together.

But you need to introduce relativity into your theory... It's not absolutely a 'full stop' collision relativistically-speaking. Or your trying to say that different relativistic conditions arise in atmospheric reactions that makes our planet immune to the destructive effects.

top topics

join