It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar Weakening; More Confidence being lost; This could be it folks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Dollar Weakening; More Confidence being lost; This could be it folks

www.marketwatch.com

"The dollar fell against the euro and the yen in Asia on Monday after an official newspaper of the Chinese central bank said China should cut its U.S. dollar holdings, adding to concerns over the unit's global reserve currency status."
"The report encouraged Asian hedge funds and other short-term players to sell the U.S. currency for its European and Japanese rivals, dealers said."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
"In addition to short-term players cutting dollar exposure after the report on China’s foreign reserves, Japanese exporters were also selling the unit for month-end settlements, dealers said."

It's just a confidence game, and I think this is a huge signal that the confidence is lost and I think this could very well lead to a domino effect, triggering hyper-inflation. The US needs people to *add* dollars to their portfolio in order to keep up the massive borrowing everyday and if the confidence is lost and a few major players start dumping dollars, the rest will panic and follow suit, creating the ultimate doomsday-dollar-implosion. It will come fast and it will come on some news relative to this one. This may not be the deal breaker, but given that we aren't changing our ways, it is bound to come soon.

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-10-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well i'm excited about this, Australia is currently getting 93 cents to the american dollar, and i'm about to go to hawaii. Definatly makes a better trip for me!!

That's a thought. Even tho the dollar might be going down, you guys are going to be making a lot more from Tourists!! It's alot more affordable to go to america now.

Cherry

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
hehe, yeah maybe for a minute we'll bring in more tourists, but when hyperinflation hits, this will not be a desirable Country to visit.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
S&F. This should not be lost in all the threads.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

will there be an America to visit?
i hope you like it, because if it happens while you're here,you might not be able to get home!.
it's a shame that even most of us here in the states don't even know the depth of this,or the cause.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
When martial law is declared, and the revolution starts, I cannot see America being on the tourist list of most foreigners.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by really

what do you think the reason it does disappear is,really?

1. fear of loss of comfort zone
2. lack of knowledge,ignorance of the true financial situation
3 feeling of arrogance ,i.e. that it will never happen
4 complacency
5 all of the above

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wasnt there supposed to be some kind of wargames or police state in California soon? Wonder if the two have anything in common?

I might just be grasping at straws but that was the first thing(no second thing) that came to mind while reading this.
The first thing was (we are screwed).

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

It's obvious that Emergency Procedures will have to be enacted when SHTF. After hour 1 of Doomsday people won't be able to withdraw from ATM's - and they'll panic. In fact, I could go into a long list of why people will panic, but the bottom line is, the majority will panic because they are not prepared. So the government has to be. And they will be.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

I'm going with #3. Even those that may understand, can't believe it will happen. I think that's been a constant theme in history.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
oops, I missed this thread when I posted, we should continue the conversation here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
On a serious note : Could it have anything to do with the AMERO being introduced next year? Centralising the currency of all country's through northern and southern America could have serious repercussions giving the huge differences in the value of each said countries currencies.

Just a thought,

Cherry

new topics

top topics

join