It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD FOREX: Dollar Falls Vs Euro,Yen On China Reserves Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

WORLD FOREX: Dollar Falls Vs Euro,Yen On China Reserves Report

www.marketwatch.com

The dollar could weaken further later in the day, particularly against the risk-sensitive euro, which is also benefiting from stronger share markets, dealers said.

During morning trade in Tokyo, the People's Bank of China-affiliated Financial News reported that China should shift more foreign reserves away from the dollar and into the euro and yen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Could this be the start? Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of the dollar? The recommendation is to move further away from the dollar and this could prompt other countries to follow.

With the windows of all these predictions falling directly in line with some major events, one can only sit and watch. What gets me was the latest update from Web Bot that stated 7am Monday morning. Will China sell trade away from the dollar?

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We saw the beginning of the end back in the late 1980's when the first visible crack of the Fractional Reserve system began to come to the surface. This is indeed the beginning of the next and most dire crisis, the Dollar Crisis.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the end has been blooming since the invention of the monetary system, but the dollar through the fedres was a sure fail.. amero is taking its place by next year

[edit on 26-10-2009 by IchooseFreewill]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

'Tis true. All of these things there have been signs for a while. If China even remotely dumps the dollar, even partially, it would begin a sell off of dollar currency.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
S&F. Good thread.
Second line.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/26/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i think this is huge news too.
Bump!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I gotta admit all the gloom and doom about the dollar had yet to recieve my attention, but after this thread im more likely to bow into the facts...

www.valutakurser.dk...

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The dollar has shed around 15% in the last 6 months - but it will remain a bit longer.

It is really hard to predict whats going to happen in the short term - but markets should fall - and that should rally the dollar a bit.

If the markets crash - and the dollar doesn't rally - then you can expect it to die pretty damn quick after that.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And if China dumps the dollar, who is going to buy all there junk?

Yea, thought so.

When you look at the amount of debt the US has, it is no where near as bad as a lot of other countries.

*yawn*

nothing to see here folks, move along.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by crisko]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Gee whiz. The dollar ended up today, causing the stock market to swing for a total fo about 200 points. What's up with that?
Maybe the food ol' USA ain't quite done for yet.
Markets swing, especially commodities. I don't think it's quite the end of the world yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I really think The Plunge Protection Team was at work today.

www.marketskeptics.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
And if China dumps the dollar, who is going to buy all there junk?

The USA takes in roughly 17% of what China produces. The EU takes in nearly 22%, last time I checked. Russia has been increasing steadily since 2005. Japan and South Korea have been on the rise as well, both seeing double-digit increases in 2008. Taiwan's market is more open than it's ever been, India has recently opened up after last year's trade negotiations (leading to a 32% increase in Chinese imports in FY 2008), and starting January 1, 2010, the China-ASEAN free trade pact goes into force, further opening up a market of 600 million or so to Chinese goods. Add to that the proposed trade agreements that cropped up last week that would free up trade across Asia and Oceania, and the emerging African markets - like South Africa, which recently announced China had become their largest trading partner. Oh, and the oft-neglected South American market has been entering the game as well as of late.

So I guess the answer to your question would be: Everyone else.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Not to mention that as unemployment increases and inflation/dollar devaluation increases, we will not be able to purchase enough Chinese toys to keep them at bay. This holiday is going to be dismal, and the Chinese expect Dora to roll off the shelf here.

The stimulus', the cash for clunkers, low interest rates and the constant false optimism (its a jobless recovery woohoo! recession o-v-e-r) is all for one purpose = Keep Americans spending so this doesn't crumble like a house of cards.

Course, they're just delaying the inevitable, you cant squeeze blood out of a turnip.

(and just in case youre wondering, I lump the Cash for Clunks in there because that was the whole idea. Turn in your beast and put a down payment on a new car you cant afford. )

[edit on 27-10-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsblownbackbaby
Not to mention that as unemployment increases and inflation/dollar devaluation increases, we will not be able to purchase enough Chinese toys to keep them at bay. This holiday is going to be dismal, and the Chinese expect Dora to roll off the shelf here.

The stimulus', the cash for clunkers, low interest rates and the constant false optimism (its a jobless recovery woohoo! recession o-v-e-r) is all for one purpose = Keep Americans spending so this doesn't crumble like a house of cards.

Course, they're just delaying the inevitable, you cant squeeze blood out of a turnip.

(and just in case youre wondering, I lump the Cash for Clunks in there because that was the whole idea. Turn in your beast and put a down payment on a new car you cant afford. )

[edit on 27-10-2009 by itsblownbackbaby]

Buy now pay later. I know families in near bankruptcy that plan to spend the usual 5k on xmas gifts. Get out the plastic

new topics

top topics

join