It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was FM banned?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A lot of people here tend to fly off the handle at the slightest hint of opposition. There's also a nasty amount of racism floating around the boards. It worries me quite a lot that fairly intelligent and reasonable people descend to abuse and petty insults so easily.

It's like the whole world in microcosm. All eyes are upon Freemason, who has vanished from mortal ken. To some, he is a freedom fighter, fighting for freedom of speech. To others, a terrorist troll, fouling the peaceful debates with his violent outbursts. Will he return in glory? Have mods been secretly supplying him with each other's email addresses? The world watches, and pointers edge towards the 'mailbomb' link....
*ahem*

He was rude. He got banned. Let's all not be rude, or we might get banned. Alternatively, those who really enjoy tearing chunks out of each other in prose could set up their own forum in which to rule as kings.

A side note- does anybody else find it ironic that after fierce debates on contentious topics like religion, politics, and poetry, he finally gets canned over Babylonian mathematics?

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
FIne then i agree with the banning but only on a temporary one. I talked to FM he stated that he think he deserved to be banned but not forever. I have had disputes with him but nothing critical. The site may have been improved but there are slowly and quietly line being drawn from the ones who will go along with anything the Admins say and those who have had enough. I know this is a privately owned form, but the form was just fine when Simon alone was Admin. it. I have nothing against Bob either he is the quiet mod who works in the shadows. I do have a problem with William though and his in your face ways of dealing with the boards. IF you disagree he tells you to grow up, or that it is rediculous. I think if you werent in everyone face all the time and implemented policies alittle more sutle that a big "take back ATS" campain the general public would accept it. But once again you have to make everything so out there and almost offensive to some people to get your point accros. Also by looking at this threasd alone i can see we are divided. Most of the people to me that seem to be opposed to the banning and such are older members who have been around for awhile.

QUICKY................OUT

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I do have a problem with William though and his in your face ways of dealing with the boards. IF you disagree he tells you to grow up, or that it is rediculous. I think if you werent in everyone face all the time and implemented policies alittle more sutle that a big "take back ATS" campain the general public would accept it. But once again you have to make everything so out there and almost offensive to some people to get your point accros.

And yet I see with your take back ATS avatar that you agree with William's methods. I little hypocrytical I would say.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It was ajoke to mock them(ie. the cat not some serious person yelling) havent had time to take it down yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I do have a problem with William though and his in your face ways of dealing with the boards. IF you disagree he tells you to grow up, or that it is rediculous. I think if you werent in everyone face all the time and implemented policies alittle more sutle that a big "take back ATS" campain the general public would accept it. But once again you have to make everything so out there and almost offensive to some people to get your point accros. Also by looking at this threasd alone i can see we are divided. Most of the people to me that seem to be opposed to the banning and such are older members who have been around for awhile.

QUICKY................OUT

I know this will get me into trouble but I'm with you on this one Quicksilver. William can be a bit in your face. His always the mouth piece for all the admins. Guess who's name keeps popping up when there has been a banning? The same one who's the spokesmen for all the Mod's. The one that gives his resons for the banning? Yes it's William..

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I havent been on in while and this is slightly suprising to me. What were the crimes that FM commited that warrented his banning.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
FIne then i agree with the banning but only on a temporary one. I talked to FM he stated that he think he deserved to be banned but not forever.

Hello?

Have you been paying attention?

That's exactly what I've been saying. It is temporary (for the second time, with repeated warnings). He has my personal e-mail. How much further backwards do you think I should bend?

Grow up. Move on. Get over it.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
heh,

I think they want you to bend over ... you know ... touch your toe's ...

Hope you caught that sick ass nasty joke ... too tired right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
FM stated that he didnt have your email prior to the spam and banning incident. Another mod stated that he might permanetly banned.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Also william are you not stooping to a level that you said would deserve reprimand at least follow the rules that you set out.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight
Also william are you not stooping to a level that you said would deserve reprimand at least follow the rules that you set out.

Read the warning again.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
William ,

Just lock the thread or delete it ... no sense in keeping this around any longer ...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by clive
I know this will get me into trouble but I'm with you on this one Quicksilver. William can be a bit in your face. His always the mouth piece for all the admins. Guess who's name keeps popping up when there has been a banning? The same one who's the spokesmen for all the Mod's. The one that gives his resons for the banning? Yes it's William..

...Maybe its because William is one of the head Administrators, as such SHOULD (by the concept of 'chain of command') be the one who makes the announcements.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Please just lock this thread. I intended this to get an answer on why he was banned and I got it, and then we have more crap long after we knew wh FM was banned.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No... I'm not going to lock it.

If anyone ever needs a reminder as to why the forum staff collectively started the "Take Back ATS" campaign, all we need to do is direct people to this thread.

Fine example.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If FM truly feels there was reason for the ban, then who are we to say otherwise...? Hopefully, it will be a short absence...look forward to reading your posts again FM...including the ones light a fire under ya...

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

If anyone ever needs a reminder as to why the forum staff collectively started the "Take Back ATS" campaign, all we need to do is direct people to this thread.

Fine example.

i love this william use this to show people what not to do disagree great stradegy which only confirms my suspensions bout the campain.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver

Originally posted by William

Fine example.

i love this william use this to show people what not to do disagree great stradegy which only confirms my suspensions bout the campain.

translation "i use this thread to show that if you disagree with us then you get banned"

I disagree with you, your methods, and specifically, the banning of Freemason

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi,

I amnot even going to have heard of ATS for another 2 years, yet. So, it is probably a lot different here in 2003, than it will be in 2005.

But, I bet that if people use the forum to listen and learn from each other, and use common courtesy when posting, whatever future mods will be, probably won't ban you.

Someone said that this person was "funny". He was before my time, so I don't know. But I do know that often what is funny to a few, can be hurtful to many.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Not the best thread to "accidently" post in.

This is ancient history. I'm closing it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join