It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was FM banned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I didn't find him abusive, just a little bit nervous, but I think that I understand why he was nervous. When you have to write again and again the same thing, it's really boring.

And I repeat, for the first board where he has been banned, it's not difficult to be banned. Just write that you don't agree with them, and you will be banned too.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
U-P, honestly, maybe you didnt find that he was abusive, but most of the moderators and admins did, so he was banned. Keeo in mind he was banned temporarily once before as a warning. A point I would like to bring up is that freemason was never abusive towards me, and I have nothing personal against him. But I do read as much of the threads as I can and I can say that FM would go from 0 to attack if someone either disagreed with him or he with someone else.

Also, being abusive does not necccessarily mean calling someone a bad word. It could be the way in which you communicate. Getting frustrated is not an escuse to make it ok to be abusive, just as getting angry does not make it justifiable to commit a crime.

For example, if I was frustrated that you keep disagreeing with our desicion in this thread (Im not, but as an example) and I were to say to you "Why dont you stuff this little bit of sunshine into that tiny thick skulled brain of yours, and get it through your limited outlook on your miserable life..... etc..." that would be abusive, even though I did not curse. Its the way I communicated, and that would be abusively, and thus make me wrong.

And lastly, FM's ban does not neccessarily have to be permanent, that is between him and the administrators. One admin already told this to him in the chat room.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok William One Sac. I thank you for your post, because now I understand what happened and I see your point of view.

Here my POV who's based on what I think about FM :

I was in touch with FM ( u2u/post/email ), and everything was ok with him, no abusive comment, no slang words...etc. We had nice conversation about almost everything ( jobs, friends, familly... ). So, I'm still thinking that he's not the bad guy that some peoples here try to depict ( I'm not speaking about William
). It's probably just an overreaction problem.

I didn't have any problem with FM and I'm still in touch with him via email and I hope his bannishment is just temporary.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
UP,

The minute someone disagreed with him or showed him an error, he blew up and started flinging the insult's. Winston remained calm the whole time, tried reasoning with FM, yet FM still flung insult's and would not let up. He showed a total lack of respect for the rule's even after being warned a number of time's. The rule's are in place for a reason. He broke those rule's and the mod's did what they had to do to uphold those rule's.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
to my eyes, FM was provoked, nobody would listen to a word he said, and everybody just kept trying to tell him he was wrong when they didn't even know what he was talking about

FM should be re-admitted, i stand by my statement

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
e-nonymous, I understand you, but you don't understand us. Read Kking123.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
kking, it doesn't matter if FM was provoked or not, he was warned many times not to be abusive.

Provoking someone can be just as bad as the abuse, maybe we should ban Winston
This reminds me of Jodie Fosters movie about the rape in a bar, where the crowd cheers on the rapers, in the end people that just cheered it on had charges pressed against them.

OK, so everyone should agree now that FM was abusive. If you don't agree, your an idiot
just joking. Name calling needs to stop. It's immature.

The issue now is, will FM be allowed to come back? FM and William had a nice discussion about it in the chatroom. It was decided that FM would take a few weeks off from posting at ATS and then he would email William and ask him to let him back in. The next day William received a bunch of emails from freemason stores and freemasons asking for donations and stuff. This upset William and he automatically a s s/u/me d that FM had sent them or entered his email in a freemason list.

FM denies that he did this, is he telling the truth? Did he do it? Could it just be a coincidence? or did someone else do it, knowing that it would get FM banned forever?

Has anyone received emails advertising freemasonry stores or anything? I did on the 17th, the day after I gave FM my instant messenger name, I thought it was him who sent it.

Anyway I hope everything works out.

Oh and incase anyone is wondering, I am totally against Freemasons
(use the mad face instead of calling names)

Boooooooooooooo No UP for president

[Edited on 23-2-2003 by Ycon]

arc

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
bear with me cos I only joined today but what is this 'take back ATS' stuff about and is it linked to anti-masonic sentiment on here?

if thats the case I forsee this lass having SO much fun on here

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The take ATS back is just a clean up of the forum. For those who abuse others and call names. It has nothing to do with masons, except one guy who is a mason is abusive and was banned

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your right, he was provoked ... How? By someone dissagreeing on what he said, and that was all it took to set him off. Despite all the insult's flung mostly at Winston, Winston still remained calm and never went down to FM's level of maturity. It doesn't matter who was right or who was wrong, the rule's were broken and something was done as a result.

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well...bottom line is that he was, and IS, banned...

...you can debate it and disagree with all you like...ain't gonna change the fact he's gone bye-bye for a while...

Nor is demanding his reinstatement going to make Admins and Mods leap up and think "Why yes certainly, at once dear chap, at once"

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
glad to know the powers that be give a # about what we think, aren't yall the ones that worry about a police state?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
e-nonymous it sure seems you have a axe to grind with FM...are you the mods mouth piece..you sure are acting like it..

As for the temp bannings..i also have been experiancing them...1st time this last week..

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
glad to know the powers that be give a # about what we think, aren't yall the ones that worry about a police state?

I'm not worried about it at all...just the over-dramatic "The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling" going on here...

[Edited on 24-2-2003 by alien]

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Now, I'll stay out of this topic.

I don't want to be mistreated by alien-cartman cop !

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Boomslang,

No I'm not thier mouthpiece, but rule's are rule's.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
bring back FM

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
But you most diffenatly have a axe to grind..You have taken every shot you can at a person that cant defend him self..How impressive

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
He might, but you know why he isn't here to defend himself? Because he broke the rules! If he didn't break the rules, he would still be here. And while a temp ban or not, punishment is punishment, and breaking the rules is breaking the rules.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I personally think the board has improved slightly since the absence of not only the one in question but of the other banned members as well. Constructive criticism is back in the swing, and personally I am enjoying this site more than ever.

Can I say that I was personally attacked by FM in a couple of my threads, I believe the ban was warranted and I do believe an apology would be appreciated if and when FM gets back.

Chris

<< 1  2    4 >>

join