It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was FM banned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why in God's name was FM (FreeMason) banned??? I thought that he has posted good items and has been helpful to the community. I think that this " Take back ATS" thing is going a bit too far.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
FM was funny. I don't understand why he's banned.

I hope it's just temporary.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He was abusive in a series of posts that we discovered.

The moderators voted on the topic, and the decision was a ban.

I've since been in contact with him and he has my personal e-mail. He may return in the future, but not until he's able to cool off.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ah I see, William can you please provide us with a link to see these abusive posts?

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
JM, go to religon forum. Look at anything about atheist. That is where he was abusive.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
JM, go to religon forum. Look at anything about atheist. That is where he was abusive.

You mean in this topic ? : link

Where is he abusive or not polite ?

That's just a bad joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
UP,

He WAS abusive and has also been very stubborn. He wouldn't let up and calm down and the minute anyone said anything against what he had to say he blew up on them.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My post is not directly related to FM's recently being banned, but to address the technical glitch bannings that regularly occur, e.g. MidnightDestroyer a couple of days ago.

I was banned again today, but was given access on my fourth attempt. I went to the members list to get moderator e-mail addresses for future help with this, but did not see any means of contacting them.

I would appreciate it if the moderators would make their e-mail addresses available, so innocent bannings can be rectified without bothering Simon.

Thanks,
Deep

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well... I did that once to a recently banned member. I had an encouraging discussion, letting the banned member know what to do, and how long it might take to return. Only to receive spam on that account the very next day (spam on topics related to this user's passtimes). The e-mail I gave him is a generally guarded one, where I've never previously received spam. My mistake.

When you say technical glitches, could you please elaborate? It might be best to start a thread in the XMB area and others could contribute to what they're seeing.

Keep in mind that existing links to removed threads will result in a message that reads something like "You are not allowed to view this area." A messaging bug within the XMB software.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Your out of order for banning an old timer like FreeMason. This site is really becoming a Police state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi William, at least 10 times when attempting to log into ATS, I'm presented with a screen that says, "You are banned. You may not view / edit posts or edit your member profile".

It doesn't matter which option I select e.g. todays posts, message board etc., I'm completely blocked.

Today it happened three times before I gained access, that's why I believe it's just a glitch.

I've been contacting Simon because his is the only e-mail address that I have and I realise that's he's very busy. On one occassion I simply e-mailed the entire banned page for him to see.

Thanks for your support,
deep

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The problem that you keep having is only a temporary thing which seems to occur when your assigned IP address matches that of one of the addresses we've banned.

If this problem arises again, your best bet is to simply log off your Internet connection and reconnect, which will hopefully have you assigned a different IP.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can really do.

Simon Gray

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by clive
Your out of order for banning an old timer like FreeMason. This site is really becoming a Police state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, grow up. So what if he has been here for a while, that doesn't give him any more privileges than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Did you MoD's get a large number of complaints from the members and visitor of ATS about FreeMasons posts. I think not, so why did you think that because you found some offensive stuff in some of his posts this gives you the right to ban him. He has contributed a great deal to this Forum and to be treated like this is a disgrace. I'm sorry FreeMason and hope that you will be re-instated to the ATS forum soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It was in the religion thread he got banned, in his own post about him knowing who the beast 666 was...

i told him to cool out and that'll he be banned because of what he said.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"
It was in the religion thread he got banned, in his own post about him knowing who the beast 666 was...

i told him to cool out and that'll he be banned because of what he said. "

i thought that post was meant to be humorous.
i think fm posts some of the best stuff on this board.
its always well researched and he seems to know what he is talking about. ive never really seen him get angry at anyone unless he was just joking around.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
this is stupid. FM good post outweigh his bad post 10 fold. This is geting rediculous now. Where is the evidnce or thread to why he was banned. And also banned because a post in the religous board??? comeon there should be more leway there do to the fact that even the calmest person can become a very abusive in there.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters
Hi William, at least 10 times when attempting to log into ATS, I'm presented with a screen that says, "You are banned. You may not view / edit posts or edit your member profile".

You do currently have an IP very similar to a range of IP's that were banned when an exceptionally abusive troll was causing trouble. Since these things tend to die off over time, I removed the ban on the IP's. Let me know if you still encounter trouble.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by clive
Your out of order for banning an old timer like FreeMason. This site is really becoming a Police state!

Why would you like abusive behavior to be allowed to go unchecked?

In online communities, we usually only find that those who enjoy being abusive are those that complain about such restrictions.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How is Freemason banned for a few remarks in the religious forum, when Truth, who ruthlessly attacks and insults anybody who deviates from his own beliefs, who turns all discussions he comes in into religious arguments, is still around

I read the thread that UP posted, i saw nothing wrong, except that he was arguing with a moderator, if that's what he got banned for i'm going to be very dissapointed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join