It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill to make govt seizure of US firms easier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Bill to make govt seizure of US firms easier

business.inquirer.net

WASHINGTON DC, United States—A bill to be introduced in Congress by a key ally of President Barack Obama would make it easier for the US government to seize control of troubled financial institutions that are considered too big to be allowed to fail
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The bill has yet to come. Actually in some other countries, there is always a provision for the government to seize or take control of financial insitutions. Probably no conspiracy there.

This move in the US, I think there is a good part and bad part.

The statement below is quite surprising:

"The legislation would make it easier for the government to throw out the financial company's management, wipe out the shareholders, and change the terms of existing loans held by the institution"

Wipe out the shareholders? Wipe out as in just like that? They will just take everything?

My question is, do you think that plan to introduce this bill has hidden and dark motive?

business.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is my understanding that Castro took over businesses in that manner.

Welcome to communism.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen be warned: If this bill passes, the theft perpetrated by the Federal Reserve of taxpayer funded bailouts will NEVER end. It will continue until we sink into a financial black hole that we cannot and will not get out of. It is bad enough as it is, but we should NOT allow this type of chicanery to be the status quo. This is exactly what I mean when I say "Following Keynes to Hell".

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Nah, Castro wasn't so quiet and subversive about it. He just seized what he wanted. This is no different, it's just the fascist way of doing this...They like their paperwork.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I believe Marx himself said that Fascism was the Death Throes of Capitalism.
Of course this is only in the American Psyche right now because we have Marxists in the White House.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I thought that was what the stimuls bill was . Ha ha
They just keep throwing a different bill at us every week. Maybe the real problem is all the Lawyers .

new topics

top topics

join