It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity - *SPOILERS* The Movie Vs. My Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just got back from watching Paranormal Activity. The movie wasn't scary for me, because I lived it as a child. Not the killing part, or being drug through the house, or thrown, but I lived with the sounds, the breathing on the face and neck, and the sheets being pulled off of me. When the scene played where the sheets started to move on the bed, it sent chills down my spine, and brought back the memories of my childhood in a house that I still visit every other weekend. I don't have time to talk about everything right now, but I will say that the movie got me thinking about things. About what if, something is attached to me, and has been my whole life, and is following me to this day. Some weird things have happened in this house the past two months that neither my girlfriend or I can explain. And my brother has had a couple of experiences while staying here as well. I don't know what to think really, but I'm kind of stressing out about it right now. The things that happened to me as a kid were traumatic. I still do not sleep well, 20 years later, because of them. I'll come back and tell more of my story in the following days. I need to try to go to bed tonight for work in the morning. Gonna be an interesting night if I can't sleep now. I should not have gone to see it. I always do stuff like that to myself.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

This post interests me quite a bit, so I am going to keep following this.

I will ask you or anyone else who posts to please PLEASE not reveal anything about the film's plot? I haven't seen it yet and I dont want it to be spoiled... Appreciated!

~Echelon

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
To be honest, the movie wasn't all that good.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tojfrd7931

My friend watched it the other day and said the same thing. He said it was well made for only $15,000 but it really isn't as absolutely horrific and terrifying as all the hype makes it out to be.

The being said I still want to see it.. I just seen MOON last night, that was FANTASTIC... Sam Rockwell is a sensation.

But back on topic, I'd be interested in hearing some of the traumatic occurrences the OP had as a child.. Sounds pretty chilling.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It was just a matter of time before a story like this pops up in ATS. I am skeptical of your story, but I'll keep an open mind and read through it before making a decision of how credible your story is. Now about the movie, I thought it was somewhat scary. However, not scary enough to keep me awake at night (in fact the night after watching the film was the best sleep I had in a long time). My friend, on the other hand, was utterly frightened after the movie and did not want to go back to his house until much later, especially since he claims one of the rooms in his house is haunted.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just watched it earlier as well, I can't say I've experienced anything like that. I guess the obvious lesson to learn is to seek help if strange things keep happening that cause you to lose sleep or affect your health in any capacity. I won't spoil anything* but I'll say the movie definitely kept me interested until the end, disappointed with the ending and with all movies that sell me a non-happy ending.

*except this, Bruce Willis was a ghost all along!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

People don't know its true until it actually happens to them! My mom and I have spirits attached to us, from where I have no idea. They aren't evil but like to make noises and knock. They also LOVE to misplace stuff...I am beginning to wonder about what my aunt said was true about inviting them in when you watch these types of movies and shows because I am very interested in the paranormal but afraid to see the movie because I'm afraid it will escalate my home situation

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I've got nothing to gain by lying about what happened to me, so take what I tell you however you want. It happened to me, I can't change that fact. In fact, because of it, a group of us in the area here started up an investigation group to try to get some answers, perhaps closure. I've been interested in fringe ideologies my whole life because of what happened to me. So, here is when it first happened to me...

The first time it happened to me, we had just moved into my grandmother's house. My Mom's Mother's house. Her health was failing and my Mom wanted to take care of her. The house always had a stigma to it, because my Mom's Father had died there in the living room, quite traumatically. He was an alcoholic, he had throat cancer, and something burst or gave in his neck where he bled out into his lungs and suffocated on his own blood. Strange things started happening to my Mom and my Grandma shortly after that. My Grandma would yell for my Mom and my Mom would go in there to see what was wrong and Grandma would say that someone just sat on the bed next to her, though she couldn't see them. A couple of times, my Mom would sleep in that same bedroom when Grandma was sleeping on the couch and my Mom would be woken by someone punching her in the chest. After about a month of this, it turned it's attention to me. The first night it happened, I was laying on a portable bed. It was the kind with the metal frame that folded up like a hard-shell taco and was on 4 wheels. My brother would sleep on another smaller bed. I was laying there in my bed, and I could faintly feel the bed beginning to vibrate, and then it became more like someone was under it, punching upwards into the mattress. After a bit, my sheets started to move. By this time, I was petrified. My sheets slowly started to move off of me towards the edge of the bed, and I grabbed them, but whatever had them was way stronger than I was at that age. As soon as I put a bit of resistance on the pulling, the sheets were ripped out of my hand with a very very scary speed and force, and were pulled under the bed. The only thing I could do was absolutely nothing except bury my head under my pillow. I tried to yell for my Mom and my Dad, but nothing came out. So I put my head under the pillow, and cried myself to sleep.

That was the first time... More to come later.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i just finished watching this, thought it was well made movie and i enjoyed it. the story kind of climbs up and gains more intensity, which had me thinking about the comment that dr said, that it feeds off your negative energy and fear. as the movie progresses, they become more fearful and the entity becomes stronger. didnt scare me that much, as i am open to the paranormal, but i can see how the average joe would be scared. worth watching. i love these hand held type movies like the blair witch, and cloverfield

new topics

top topics

join