It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Color choices and the economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Interesting article from Fortune Magazine about a group that analyzes color choices for consumer products and identifies trends in what colors are "hot" . A few snippets below:

The state of the economy might have the largest impact on the colors consumers favor. When the market tanks, people often retreat to neutrals, says Eiseman. But lately, instead of ignoring color -- think back to the grunge trend during the downturn of the early 1990s -- people tend to be cautious with big-ticket items but add color through less expensive purchases.

"Color is a way to build up your confidence," Eiseman says. "It makes you feel better." That may be why the institute chose mimosa yellow as its 2009 color of the year; according to Eiseman, it's a hue that carries psychological overtones of change and enlightenment for consumers.

As for next year's color, Eiseman isn't telling. But she did share a few hints as to what will factor into her team's decision. "People are wanting someplace to go, somewhere to retreat to," Eiseman says. "My challenge is to come up with a color that speaks to how we can create a feeling of escape -- to get away from the problems of the everyday world. Even if it's a fantasy."

More at source
money.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Now just to stir them up a bit as they are trying to impress me and thats an epic fail...I'm not impressionable as thats a victim mentality!

So to distress them I want to buy items coloured ONLY in x-rays, gamma and cosmic rays etc without being opaque or transparent in any of the remaining visual or non visual spectrum frequencies of the EMS!

Personal Disclosure: As a consumer who is always right, I always demand what they can't currently supply! If they want my $$$'s then they are going to have to supply technology that is so advanced that God would be impressed!

P.S. Eiseman needs to come up with colors that the blind can see! She'd make a financial killing by tying up this niche market demographic that is not as yet exploited!

join