It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff Associate And Investor Jeff Picower Found Dead In Swimming Pool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Madoff Associate And Investor Jeff Picower Found Dead In Swimming Pool

www.businessinsider.com

Palm Beach Post: Palm Beach billionaire Jeffry Picower, who was found at the bottom of his South Ocean Boulevard pool Sunday afternoon, has died, according to a spokeswoman at Good Samaritan Medical Center and Palm Beach police.

A federal lawsuit was filed against Picower, his wife Barbara, their local Picower Foundation and several other defendants in May. The suit, brought by the trustee liquidating the Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities company, claims that Picower benefited from Madoff's Ponzi scheme for more than 20 years, earning more than $5 billion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder if he had help dying. Or was this really an accident of some sort?

These people sure have a high rate of suicide. Of course, it is unlikely that this was actually a suicide since he was found dead inside of a swimming pool. It could have been a death that was helped along though. I am sure someone that scammed potentially billions of dollars over the years has made quite a few enemies after all.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You know what if he was truely one of the people involved in swindleing all those people out of there money, then I hope his death was caused by something like the pools bottom suction vent sucking his gutts and bowels right out his @ss. Not to sound harsh but that madoff guy and his friends ruined alot of lives!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
How many wealthy people are dying these days? I'm starting to think that the very elite do not want to share their bunkers with everyone.

I have a feeling this story is just beginning.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think this person was quieted. Many people don't think one minute that Madoff was able to pull off 65 billion dollar ponzi scheme without alot of help. And if this guy made 5 billion over the 20 years, he may have been in on it and knew the other "branches" of the conspiracy. They where being sued, not going to prison. Such a high percentage of suicides (we don't know yet, but they might decide heart attack) happening with this group of individuals. These people that are going to jail and dying aren't the big guys on top, they are the ones on bottom and in the middle. You see just like madoff and this man, the elite needs people to run for him or her, to make deposits etc. etc.. They need people to keep the machine running, but at the same time not getting outed by the public and their own people. They may be trying to cut any strings that might lead to them and or knowledge to them. Remember, people worth the Billions run in a different crowd and tend to have information of other crimes than the ones they may be involved.

Hey if you let me off I can tell you about another crime that XYZ did or is still doing.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Dead men tell no tales.

If anyone believes uncle bernie pulled this off by himself, well today's your lucky day as I have an investment plan for you that will have 450% returns!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hate when this stuff happens in my own backyard...

I hope more information comes out of this soon. Gonna do some research and make some calls right now. I'll keep you posted.

[Edited to add more]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Aberinkula]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
yea i am glad to see the consensus on here is that he new to much and other involved where afraid of him talking.

The mob was 100% involved, now whether that was the Italian, the Israeli, or the Russian or a combo remains to be seen.

There is no doubt that Madoff and/or his top associates where mobbed up.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wasn't this an episode of the Sopranos?
I would think this was a silence killing. If you had all that money you would leave the country. Sounds like a blackmail/deal gone wrong to me.

Here are 2 others...even if not related it is sad...

death 1

death 2

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was actually a vigilante group out there taking these @@sholes out? There have been a lot of "suicides lately of well placed obscenely rich people. If that vigilante group (if one exists) have a membership drive, hey I'd want to know ;-) nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more... There are probably millions that would join! I mean really now, how much do they expect to steal before people actually organize and take matters into their own collective hands? Especially since these thieving scumbags have the law bent in the general direction of protecting the overly corrupt and ethically bankrupt.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Wouldn't it be interesting if there was actually a vigilante group out there taking these @@sholes out? There have been a lot of "suicides lately of well placed obscenely rich people. If that vigilante group (if one exists) have a membership drive, hey I'd want to know ;-) nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more... There are probably millions that would join! I mean really now, how much do they expect to steal before people actually organize and take matters into their own collective hands? Especially since these thieving scumbags have the law bent in the general direction of protecting the overly corrupt and ethically bankrupt.

Well, I dunno about that.

Wasn't there a John Grisham book about something like that though??

new topics

top topics

join