It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Calling Out All Yee Believer's Of "Webbot/Time Wave Zero" Programs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I posted my views on this in another thread but want to reach out to more people about this and get their opinion and hopefully a productive debate going.

I would like to start by stating that I don't believe these systems are accurate and also accept that they have never and can never be wrong because they don't actually predict anything!!!

It just makes people search for and acknowledge negative events on specific dates!

If someone gave me any random date from the past 10 years I could give you a disaster within 2 days either side of it.

Now I would also like to state that part of the reason I opened this thread is because I ain't sure how they are supposed to work so I am definitely open to your opinion and interested to learn more about them.

Edit: I only started this thread when it suddenly published itself before I was finished typing! (Maybe the webbots are becoming self aware!!!)

[edit on 25/10/09 by hey1212]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Do Not Alter Or Remove Staff Edits.

[edit on 25/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

I agree to a point and I'm not one really to buy into the whole web bot scenario, but there is something strangely eerie about it.

I do think that there is a certain amount of mass consciousness that fluctuates across communicative channels, be it internet, media or otherwise.
Trends, behaviors, and group dynamics display this inherent inclination.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yep, people like to clutch at straws with web bot....all it does is target search engines keywords. According to web bot 2012 will happen 100%

Funny how web bots "truthful" predictions only usually come out after they have occurred

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

I glad you agree but I also need someone to disagree so I can try and understand why they believe!

What is your understanding of how these work?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hey Oz, in the interest of debate what would you say makes someone become a genuine "webbot follower"?

Do they claim it produced any results? What about 9/11? Was this site buzzing with anticipation or has the webbot got any "big name" followers?

I really don't understand its appeal but they get quoted on this site in some threads like their the oracle!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
These things are nearly as much bs as the entire 2012 thing. Just ask a Mayan about it and their calendar.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

A lot might refer to the web bots as pointing out some kind of synchronicity.
It's easy to understand how.
Without getting too deep, I also understand how people might have a sense that something is coming as well.
Now, I'm not saying that people can predict the future, but the evidence that they can feel something impending is rather striking.
Whether or not those feelings make so called events occur, is another scenario altogether.

Short version, who the heck knows?

Look into [retro causality] a bit.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hey1212

Ok. I'll bite on this seeing how it's the 25th (you know that special web bot day). Some are going to point out that it happened as the H1N1 national emergency transpired over the weekend. Or was it the you tube video of Sheila Bair telling us that the FDIC has plenty of money? Or was it Citi and other banks raising rates this last week (bot was early)? Or was it CapMarks bankruptcy? I guess we'll soon see.

Follow where I'm going?

the Bot is an interesting and fun experiment, but as far as an accurate predictor of future events, not so sure of. It's basis on language is intriguing and I would like to see more on that aspect of it. Fun exercise is my take on it.

As far as people go. Wow I think people are worried and confused at the moment as they see everything they knew or thought they knew collapsing around them and they know they are hearing the "happy days are just around the corner" song from the media. They want to know what's really next as in can one more fricking thing happen next. People latch on to things like the Bot. It gives them the bad that can happen, which is a heck of a lot more interesting and conversation worthy than "it'll be a good crop year". Actually i don't think i have seen any good times prediction really come from web bot, but maybe I just missed it as I was to busy focusing on the juicier doom and gloom

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Holy Crap

not again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

please search the forum before beating this dead horse again

here's a good place to start
the search results:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

now run along and start reading
jeez

[edit on 25-10-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

much like how animals can sense an earthquake before it happens or a mass storm? I'll give you that and I do have to ask... am I the only one that's felt that pregnant pause in the air for the last week?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think it works by searching through the internet and picking up key terms from different conspiracy theories and making them into a prediction of events.

It's nothing more than just a device that plays off of people's fears.

It's more like group consciousness- if anything... that's all it is- it plays off people's worst fears... that's my opinion of it.

Yes, I know I'm a skeptic of the web-bot (and a proud sane one at that). It's just that when I look at these web-bot topics... I see too many people always expecting the worst, or, expecting everything to come crashing down... and I find that a rather pessimistic outlook of the future. I tend to be more of an optimist...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

What's a pregnant pause?

Are going to have lot's of little pauses running around soon??

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Clarified....

[edit on 10/25/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by serph

Ok so immediately what I have noticed is that these are all american things but if the webbot picks up things in the english language then it is getting influenced by the "thoughts" of other english speaking places like the UK or here in Ireland so why does all predictions seem American based?

Not a dig at you just an observation of how everyone will find some connection to it wherever they are.

H1N1 national emergency transpired over the weekend. Tube video of Sheila Bair, Citi raising interest rates or CapMarks bankruptcy
won't have any significance to people outside of the US so why would WEBBOT care if it is being influenced by the wider english speaking community?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

From the Wiki site on that there internets:

"A pregnant pause (as in the classical definition, "many possibilities") is a technique of comic timing used to accentuate a comedy element, where the comic pauses at the end of a phrase to build up suspense. It's often used at the end of a comically awkward statement or in the silence after a seemingly non-comic phrase to build up a comeback. Refined by Jack Benny, the pregnant pause has become a staple of stand-up comedy."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ok so I edited the title to include Time Wave Zero because I also want to include this and find out more.

As for the guy who posted the link to the dead thread, I'd rather start my own thread thanks to customise it how i wish.

Or am i wasting too much paper and storage space?

Any info on the Time Wave Zero? I have quickly researched it but that doesn't tell me about people experiences.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hey1212
Originally posted by serph

Ok so immediately what I have noticed is that these are all american things but if the webbot picks up things in the english language then it is getting influenced by the "thoughts" of other english speaking places like the UK or here in Ireland so why does all predictions seem American based?

Not a dig at you just an observation of how everyone will find some connection to it wherever they are.

H1N1 national emergency transpired over the weekend. Tube video of Sheila Bair, Citi raising interest rates or CapMarks bankruptcy
won't have any significance to people outside of the US so why would WEBBOT care if it is being influenced by the wider english speaking community?

Totally understand and no dig taken. You have a good point. I was throwing out four possibilities as to what people may say it was.

And you raise a good point. it is very american specific in "most" of its predictions. Never understood that. How do you rule out other languages? Simple. You don't look for them. By focusing on the language you know, you trim your database size down and don't need to worry about translations. Good business decision, but what it creates is a product that can't deliver what it promised, unless you are from the english speaking world... and maybe we are so arrogant that we believe that it has taped into the world consciousness, but only the one that has english as a primary language.

Wait... are there multiple world consciousnessess out there?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by serph

Yea but what about Time Wave Zero? Whats your views in it? How does it predict things? Is it the same thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The webbot seems like it can be manipulated via certain fictional intel on the internet. Timewave zero seems to have a Little substance to it by showing novelties(peaks to valley's~valley's to peaks). Which means its broader to interpretation.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gelatinus
The webbot seems like it can be manipulated via certain fictional intel on the internet. Timewave zero seems to have a Little substance to it by showing novelties(peaks to valley's~valley's to peaks). Which means its broader to interpretation.

Right but what defines how the peaks form and when etc? What is the basis of this prediction?

[edit on 25/10/09 by hey1212]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join