It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN flew in starving African kids to be part of staged 'feeding exhibit' for G8 wives on camera

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
500,000 could have made food for years with the proper equiptment brought in and irrigation supplied.

Why can 'they' make gas and oil pipelines that reach thousands of miles and create as many jobs but not be able to pipe in water with filtration systems for the rebuilding of the poorest nations?

'They' can't afford to do that can they? I don't mean in financial terms, if these countries are given the means by which to develop themselves, then 'they' run the risk of losing control of them. Can't have that now. Better to control them by controlled starvation etc.

All about control and power.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is terrible and the real orwellian future we all face .

The children did not look like the typical starving children, I am sorry but they did not.

This is utter propaganda and nothing else.

500,000 could have made food for years with the proper equiptment brought in and irrigation supplied.

Why can 'they' make gas and oil pipelines that reach thousands of miles and create as many jobs but not be able to pipe in water with filtration systems for the rebuilding of the poorest nations?

Even creating food in neighboring countries and sent in on a regullar basis.

No Africa is being depopulated for a reason and that is for China/Russia to profit from.

um...China and Russia are not making nearly as much money off of the starvation and death in Africa as America is. Guess who is the largest importer of diamonds from Sierra Leone??? Guess who blocks others from going in to stop some of the atrocities that occur in that region???

Guess who profited off of the starvation in Ethiopia from the 80's until the present day???

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but, America has far more to do with starvation in Africa than any other country in the world.

However, it does not shock me that the U.N. would stage a feeding. And $500,000 dollars to fly the children in??? Jesus...They could have feed thousands of kids with that price tag alone.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Who gives a # Africa has too many people already.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Fun fact:
It is easier to find birth control in Africa than food and clean water.
They ship in birth-control and condoms by the ton and stack them up in places where people can't even find food.

Oh, and guess who's funding the genocide?
Yeah most of these rich would much rather quickly send money for birth control than food.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
This is important information.

I wish this could be known world wide and splashed on headlines of every newspaper.

Thank you for finding this and posting.

And thanks to the mod who helped you translate.

Much truth in what you said that there is no reason there should be this kind of poverty and that it is being orchestrated.

It's not just the UN presenting for the cameras.

How many churches are in US and UK? How many have been collecting at least 10% tithes from all members per year? And for how many years? Where has that money gone?

Stock portfolios, hefty salaries, corporate ownership of hospitals, bigpharma, etc., private jets, huge estates, etc. etc. And yet they allowed their congregations to assume they were feeding the poor and upgrading their conditions. People have given and given because they had good hearts and love for fellow man. The religions have abused what was contributed and have perpetuated false pretenses for monies collected.

The corruption is too deep to ever be solved by man. And I think it is already too late to change it because the greed and corruption has also killed this planet and too many other life forms.

10% is a small price to pay for absolution for the sins and misdeeds you've committed during the previous week. Down here in TX they call that "just doin business..."

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Truly disgusting Zazza, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I wonder if Mrs Obama was present at this? She is oddly vacant from mention if she was. I would assume they had to word that article very carefully.

I can't even believe they put "Simulated Food Distribution" in there.

My god, what a crock.

~Keeper

yeah...TTTP...you got that right, i think they need to at least get a better P.R. person. if your going to b@llsh@t the public, you need to be better at it than this. maybe they can hire some of those P.R. guys from wall street, they are artists at their craft.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What do mllionaires in America have to to with poverty in Africa?

Let's see, the UN collects money from gult ridden people and brings a truck load of food it gives away free in African cities. People leave the countryside for free food and don't buy food from local farmers. UN truck stops coming, people starve because they forgot how to farm.

I would say stop killing them with kindness.

As far as the kids, they probably had a great time until they had to eat porridge with the old dried up ladies. It is also not okay to import disaster victims for the old ladies to peruse.

If the UN is an example of the world's best thinking on all matters, no thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

only way to stop the corruption in the world is to make a new system, we cant use a money system it will always corrupt, i'll bet if u went to an andvanced alien civilization they would not be using money on their planet.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Holy moly, great post. I was going to make a wise crack regarding the insanity of this spectacle but I then realized I'm too disgusted to make light of this. Incidents like this can make us bitter but we need to remind ourselves that despite the deceipt prevalent in the world we need to remain charitable individuals and true to ourselves.

Does the UN still send kids out trick or treating for UNICEF? It's that time of year.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If food is so scarce in that area, why do people keep reproducing at such a high rate given that their children won't have much chance?

Just saying.

Please don't hate me for asking tough questions.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How many churches are in US and UK? How many have been collecting at least 10% tithes from all members per year? And for how many years? Where has that money gone?

Stock portfolios, hefty salaries, corporate ownership of hospitals, bigpharma, etc., private jets, huge estates, etc. etc. And yet they allowed their congregations to assume they were feeding the poor and upgrading their conditions. People have given and given because they had good hearts and love for fellow man. The religions have abused what was contributed and have perpetuated false pretenses for monies collected.

10% Tithes is primarily for supporting the local church expenses such as heat, light, air conditioning, maintenance. 500 attendees a week giving $2 is nothing. Most churches barely keep open. A few of the megachurches with 6,000 attendees per week are the only ones to have extra money to support outreach.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Wow it's almost like women are not the magical innocent unicorn like creatures we all thought they were.

*Dies laughing* Women??? INNOCENT????? *Laughs harder* Oh... I could go on all day.

*cough*

Anyways- after seeing this article and this thread- the ONLY thing I am able to picture is a freaking ZOO. This was for entertainment of these people. I don't see any 'help' from doing this. "Come see us feed some poor African kids! Shows daily at 10, 2, and 4!"

Hasn't been the first time the rich have had the poor used to entertain them (Start at Roman Coliseum, and work your way forwards in history)- and obviously, it wont be the last. I also agree wholeheartedly about how churches operate.... seems the more money that goes in, the better looking the pastor's car, the pastor's house, and the neater toys they have. Us po' folk? Don't worry, guys- our 'reward' is in heaven! No, REALLY!

[edit on 26-10-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

This is an absolute and utter outrage!!
Since this is a clear and absolute exploitation. . .what law is broken here? Well. . .how about exploitation? I mean politicians kissing babies and shaking hands for show is one thing. . .but using these kids in such a manner. . .for nothing but the purpose of the cameras is a disgusting act!

These people should know that it would have looked better if the G8 wives decided to dress WAAAYYY down, then actually go the homes of the kids and cook their food for them.

As a matter of fact, they should have also done the wash, clean the house, and help teach the kids the importance of not being taken advantage of!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I would do more than just give you a star. . .but my wife is watching! Ha ha ha.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

If food is so scarce in that area, why do people keep reproducing at such a high rate given that their children won't have much chance?

Just saying.

-rrr

Hope you don't mind my chiming in on your question rickyrrr. Even people living in despair, famine and poverty have hopes and dreams. Most people hope for a better tomorrow. We are all (mostly) wired to reproduce, it's the natural scheme of things. For instance a plant that receives little moisture, growing in poor soil will often produce flowers and seed. Despite the differences between humans and plants we too often succumb to our reproductive instincts despite our current circumstances.

There are cultural differences that come into play as well as levels of education and access to information. You ask why at such a high rate? If the odds are against them surviving, the more children you have the better chance one will survive. Consider too that in many cultures the children continue to take care of the elderly. And so if you have no children your life is limited too.

It's a very complicated problem and an excellent question!
The answers might seem superficial and straight forward to us not living with this problem but it is extremely complex.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Just saying.

-rrr

Its not a tough question so much as an ignorant one.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Just saying.

-rrr

Its not a tough question so much as an ignorant one.

zazzafrazz, unless you know of this poster from previous threads the question is to my mind innocent until proven guilty. We all have different backgrounds, upbringings, educations, experiences and sensibilities. This poster is here following your thread. Consider you have enticed people to the thread with what you've written and posted. Sincere interest. I gave this person the benefit of the doubt, I suspect you might have good reason for not doing that.

Yes, this could be someone trying to get a rise out of you and it could be someone who has never discussed this issue with others. Who among us never thought for just an instant "just stop having more people"? I know I've thought that earlier in my life. It's not the best answer but it is foremost when we first seriously confront the questions of famine and poverty. Not enough food.... too many people.... and so forth.

Excellent thread Z, you have much to offer the readers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Perhaps I should have been less Miss Snippy

My intent was not to be offensive, I simply didnt want to take time answering a comment that has had no thought put towards it.
TY for your posts though They have been insightful

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

As a matter of fact, they should have also done the wash, clean the house, and help teach the kids the importance of not being taken advantage of!!!

LOL
They were grimacing do this, let alone getting in their house frau outfit and scrubbing the hut floor.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nethawk

Hahaha, I made that mistake once.Boy did I get stared at. *grins* and a guy embarrassed to ask me for a quarter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join