It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN flew in starving African kids to be part of staged 'feeding exhibit' for G8 wives on camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow it's almost like women are not the magical innocent unicorn like creatures we all thought they were.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Its not just the wives stupidity.
This really is the UN. That organisation is corrupt, and useful as the league of Nations was against Hitler in 1939

Yes, but they are complicit. And as the faces on the cover, they should be held responsible. And, do not think for one moment that they didn't get anything for it, they gain stature at the expense of the children - and their stature reflects on their husband's career. THAT is morally wrong but I am sure that they have convinced themselves it is all for the betterment of the children. They could have said no and did not.

[edit on 25/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

You get no arguement here. They are complicit, but no they were not the mind behind the idea.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is disgusting.
We should all help those less fortunate, but we should do it privately, without any fanfare, and without disclosing that we are doing it. The poor and underprivileged have the right to human dignity, not to be dragged out on a stage and pitied.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
This is disgusting.
We should all help those less fortunate, but we should do it privately, without any fanfare, and without disclosing that we are doing it. The poor and underprivileged have the right to human dignity, not to be dragged out on a stage and pitied.

I agree with your sentiment, i do wish to highlight though, that need for true charitable work is more than I am exposing here.
The Starvation, empoverishment and perpetual war like state of Africa is deliberate, planned, and a propogation of extreme corruption.
This feeding display is just a "pretty advert" for their public work that seems to have backfired.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I certainly agree with what you say. In fact, the exploitation of "underdeveloped" peoples seems to be a persistent problem in human history. That exploitation leads to poverty, which ultimately leads to war, as well as famine. The behavior of "civilized" human societies can be, in many cases, quite INHUMANE. This inhumane behavior is not limited to certain nations, but is unfortunately part and parcel of most nations. All one needs is to look at countries such as Saudi Arabia, where wealth is concentrated in the hands of the very few, at the expense of the majority of its citizens. Even in the "United States, there are pockets of extreme poverty, while there are over 7 million millionaires.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

While I will not comment on the ongoing issue of starvation in Africa and other third world countries, hell even in 1st world countries like certain parts of the US and Europe. I do want to say that having the kids all dressed up in those nice looking clothes with the cute little scarfs while being fed some soy porrage from the "elite" is BEYOND distasteful and totally irrelevant to the situation. I mean have we really come to this sort political and emotionless mindset? This very event or "photo-op" (which IS what it was) shows the very disconnect that the "ruling class", and even the average citizen have with the REAL WORLD problems, and the very fact that they had to fly them TO THEM, all dressed up shows the disdain that they have towards such very real, but very sad and horrid things IMHO.

S/F zazz...

[edit on 10/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What could have 500,000 dollars been spent on? A trip for a videographer to visit Ghana and some of these "feeding lines" and also provided quite a few boxes of fruit for the kids to go with their porridge. Then the spouses could have watched the video in some posh hotel and still felt good about themselves, for taking the time to care.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Disgusting as well as shameful* especially coming form the UN...this is the frist time, ive ever heard of the UN engaging in criminal like activity. Im sure they have thier facir share of lies..the UN shuold just be torn down and erased form existance..it really dopsnt serve any useful purpose today. Especially, after what they did with those poor kids, using them in such a lieful demenaor manor. Barf on the UN
And!!! porridge for christ sakes!!! WTF, in this so claled advnaced world they say we live in, thier feeding the starving kids tiny tim food??? Do they honestly belive its still the year 1900? gesh i guess giving those kids something as simple as sugar coated butter cookies was jsut too much for them to handle. God forbid they could taste ice cream, or even a stupid slatine cracker...let alone some chicken, steak, vegggies, seafood.. no they chose effin prrodge.. man this is not only a slap in the face to those kids, and god do i hope some of them are smart enough to realize theyve been swindled, and cry out, get some media attention n spread the word

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Is this really surprising? Africa and the problems found in Africa are nothing more than a bit of trivial fascination to the leaders of the western world. For some countries, it is a place to dump their toxic waste. For others it is a place to test their new pharmaceuticals. Some see it as a place to get cheap minerals and slave labor...

This is hardly worth mentioning, at least these kids get some food out of it. If you were to make a list of the atrocities that are taking place in Africa, I think that flying in some starving kids for a dog and pony show is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on the list.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Even the programme is a farce, what good is feeding people if they have to rely on it for their entire lives? We need an educational campaign that gives the children a high school education as well as teaching and encouring them to start a business.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

i agree Karl, it should be really low on the list. I think that is what makes it so appalling . . . it's not the action, but the outward facade and disingenuous intent behind its "propagation in the media".

[edit on 10/26/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Will those same cameras be rolling when their stomaches are growling on the plane back to their country?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Soy porridge? So they are basically chemically castrating those children. sorry but its the truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Karl well said, though I dont think this is on the bottom of the list. It is an a publicly exposed example of how Africa is prevented from self determination and abuse.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, if anyone is going to benefit from the collapse of modern society, it will be the leaders of the G8, and their trophy wives.

This feels like some bad PBS special where the wives are already aware of what will happen to Africa and the rest of the world, and they are soaking up the cultural experience before the betrayal of their husbands turns the world on its head. This is the final goodbye before they retreat to their underground storage facilities, and they leave the rest of us to fend for ourselves.

It is proof of their detachment and corruption, and no matter how sweet those ladies look, they really do personify the mentality of "Let them eat cake". These women benefit from some of the greatest social injustices the world has ever known, and it will come back to them, whether they like it or not.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
More evidence the UN is worthless.

Lets blow half-a-million to fly STARVING children halfway around the world to feed them porridge. WTF.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What can I say that hasnt been said already? Everyone in here have pretty much summed up my feelings on thi. Its disgraceful, its inhumane, its undignified, its PATHETIC, itsdistasteful, its unnecessary, its all the bad things that I can possibly think of.

Did they really think that they were going to come out of this looking good?
WOW!

Our Govts really ARE that stupid.(thank god the US didnt attend, I would be quite embarrassed).

In my opinion, theres nothing these people can do to redeem themselves.
If they couldnt see the sickness in what they were doing, they are below human in my book.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
LOL - this reminds me of how tourists pay money to see "authentic" Native American ceremonies being performed. I AM Native American - you want to see authentic? Go offroad and venture out in the communities unannounced.

"Honey - I'm back. We saw some darling children in Rome today! One of them sang a song and they all ate some porridge distributed by the programme. Wish you could have been there, sweetheart".

Ugh...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Truly pathetic.
It's easy girls, get the ol' boys to rally to cancel the strangle hold of crippling debt held by the IMF and World bank and then they might even be able to feed and clothe themselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This stunt is surely a sign of desperation if ever I seen one. The same group feeding them is responsible for them starving in the first place. $500,000 to feed a couple of kids. They probably could have fed their entire country for a day with that money. If they wanted to...

Poor kids were probably forced to eat their GM crap, too.

[edit on 26/10/09 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join