It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows San Jose cops hitting, Tasing unarmed suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Video shows San Jose cops hitting, Tasing unarmed suspect

rawstory.com

'Rising level of anger' among minority groups towards San Jose police

Four police officers in San Jose, California, are under criminal investigation after grainy video footage shows two of then hitting and Tasing an unarmed suspect.

A two-minute clip of cellphone video obtained by the San Jose Mercury-News shows officers Tasing and hitting 20-year-old Phuong Ho as he lay on the ground in the hallway of the apartment he shares with roommates.

Although the video is not entirely clear, one of the hits appears to come after Ho was already handcuffed. If that is the case, then the offic
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Protect and Serve?

I sympathize with the LEOs because they have to deal with the biggest scumbags that society has to offer.
But don't police get somekind of sensitivity training when dealing with people that don't pose a threat other than verbal abuse?
Beating a handcuffed man. WTF?

I doubt if I would call the cops if I had any trouble. I'd just prefer to take care of it myself.

I have lost faith in our institutions to protect me.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The cell phone video was unclear but it looked like that student was handcuffed and still received a beating.

MBF

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Protect and Serve?

I doubt if I would call the cops if I had any trouble. I'd just prefer to take care of it myself.

I have lost faith in our institutions to protect me.

I agree with you. I went to the sheriffs office three times about a caretaker stealing about $75,000 from some old people and never even got an incident report written up. When I had 25 cows shot I didn't even bother to call them. I'll find the people that did it and deal with them myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MBF

It's a sad day in this country when what used to be called "Public Servants"
become the overlords; being a combination of judge, jury and the ones that deal out the punishment.

Of course not all LEOs fit that model and most are good people but I see a distinct trend to respond with excessive violence on the part of those in a position of authority.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But hey, he could have a nuke under him and be a masokist pedofile. And he insulted the cops mom to add to that. /sarcasm.
Also inb4 'you dont have the whole video, you dont know what happened before this...'

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nothing new here, this has become standard protocol in some police officer's minds and until the public fights back enough against this blatant burtality, I'm afraid we will continue to read articles like this

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Of course not all LEOs fit that model and most are good people but I see a distinct trend to respond with excessive violence on the part of those in a position of authority.

I wonder what the percentage of LEO's who are good people really is in this country. It seems that a lot of them have an 'us against them' attitude.

I think that many start out with good intentions, but then once they've been on the job a while they become jaded. Also, I think a lot of people join that profession for the power and control that they can't get anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The worst problem is that even if you're a good cop you can't "rat" on your friends. There is that thin blue line or whatever it is called. Good cops don't take honor anymore in keeping the force clean.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

The worst problem is that even if you're a good cop you can't "rat" on your friends. There is that thin blue line or whatever it is called. Good cops don't take honor anymore in keeping the force clean.

That's a good point. The good decent cops have 3 basic choices:

1. Go along and get along. (Easy)
2. Quit. (Much more difficult)
3. Blow The Whistle. (Crucifixion)

Gee, I wonder what the majority decide to do?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kardenal

And I'm sure the San Jose internal affairs unit will do a through investigation and find the LEO's acted with proper restraint and within proper protocol as usual. Move along, nothing to see here!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Typical police brutality , this has become comonplace anymore either with tasering or beating people.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Yeah, another video emerges. Just another day on the job.
Photography is not a crime.

new topics

top topics

join