It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latvia has fallen meteorite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Haha, that is actually what I included in my original post that got deleted..."Moon striking back?" I didn't include my comments in this thread, thinking its something I said in the original that got it deleted. I thought it would be very funny and ironic if the moon team did that. They are probably having a blast right now. They are targeting the wrong country though. A crater in the middle of Pennsylvania Ave in Washington, would be more to the point. There's your disclosure. Who said aliens have to be scary and serious without wit and humor.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but this needs to be moved to the HOAX area. The size of that crater, and the size of what was left as the meteorite is a joke!

A hole that big would have been felt all over Europe, not to mention it would have been picked up by most seismographs.

Nah...fake, fake, fake...

ps. and apparently this guy makes short movies at University

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tedpi
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc28d95ca00a.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: readrussia.com...

If this is the scene of crash where is the police and army?

Well according to that stupid readrussia link .. local farmers called 911.
That would explain the lack of police as 911 doesn't work in Latvia, it's not the emergency number

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Just watch how the meteorite had fallen lol
i wont be shocked if tiberum starts to growth out

Of course it might not grow that fast as in the video

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho13

I think someone needs to really inspect that video Brothers in Arms posted to see if it's real. If the words "LCROSS" and "Return to Sender" appear inscribed anywhere - then we'll know it's LEGIT

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I ain`t pro in meteorites or other falling things, yet I am lucky to know latvian language and I am originally from Latvia, so feel free to ask any questions. By the way the situation of economy in US and Latvia are perfectly identical.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Advancedboy

I am actually from Estonia originally, so we were neighbors once
I myself am a little suspicious, as Latvia, considering its current financial and economic situation has these things happen. Like the realrussia.com link showed, statistically it's a small chance to land there. This plus the recent info about a US concetration camp a-la Guantanamo supposedly located there as well. Might be all a farce, a distraction. But then originally reported by a mainstream russian channel, who I would guess would check stories before it goes to live TV broadcast. What are the local TV stations saying over there, Advancedboy?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

I think someone needs to really inspect that video Brothers in Arms posted to see if it's real. If the words "LCROSS" and "Return to Sender" appear inscribed anywhere - then we'll know it's LEGIT

Well, if so, the moon was more successful in its endeavor than NASA...

Did you notice the water condensation? the moon was able to get a plume!

I got a kick out of the fact that they were speaking their language, then you hear them curse in english

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Awaiting to see if this hits main news or not.

Hope its all legit...cause its pretty cool.

If it is legit and CNN doesnt cover it they should be bombarded with complaints.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
maybe it was Wormwood, Wormwood is not suppose to kill anyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Interesting. I will be checking back to see if this holds scrutiny and is proven to be legit. Funny thing... I never remember my dreams but last night I had a dream of a meteor falling. Well, it was almost floating in the sky lighting clouds on fire - you know how funny dreams can be.

Neat!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Great first post!
How many can say their first thread went straight to the top of front page?
The vid was spectacular. Lets hope its not a fake.

Is this the October surprise?

WORMWOOD?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Now the military are guarding it and National Radiation Research Center is working there. The weight of the object is approximated to be about 10kilograms( about 22pounds) and probably is Nickel( iron) -class meteorite.
Psycho- and I don`t know what rumours russian press has about some US concetration camps being built in Latvia, but such kind of negative speculations from Russia towards our small Latvia happens regularly. What a shame for such a big country to pick on such a small country as ours. Actually not much activity in military field is going on, except that some buildings and perimeters in mational Armed forces is being renovated and built. And yes we have joint military exercises with US and ,and we also have units in Iraq and Afganistan, yet noone is buidling concentration camps, . Deal with it!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
S + F !! Cool an actual meterorite caught on video soon after impact.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will call this a hoax.

The shape of the Crater is wrong.
No up lift on the crater rim, it looks like dirt from the hole is left around the hole.
The so call meteorite should be buried under the crater not setting there like someone set it in a hole,
The you tube video in not a meteorite they do not get hot enough to burn like that,
The dispersal pattern of the material from the crater is imposable for a impact there should be streaks of material from the crater across the ground where the car is parked like rocks and dirt from the crater, there is none. More like a blast from explosives placed in the bottom of what is now the crater.
And because the materiel in the hole is light colored and the dirt where the car is parked is dark lighter colored ejecta would stand out and could not be missed.

A percentage of the material ejected from the crater will fall back into the crater and round to bottom there should not be a cone shape bottom.

This crater does not look like ether a simple crater and complex crater that happens on earth.
www.solarviews.com...
www.psi.edu...

I will tell you what i see is a waste area at a open pit coal mine,
A group of jokers working there took a drill rig for drilling blast holes and drilled a hole then set off a 8 to 12 bags of ANFO to form a crater and make a fake sonic boom.
Then they piled a bunch of coal and rusty scrap metal in the hole and burned it (The you tube video)

This accounts for the dark almost black dirt on the surface. (coal dust from haul trucks at the mining operation)
The black chunks (stray chunks of coal picked up when stripping the overburden at the mine) in the crater wall and the light materiel of the crater(overburden from the open pit.)

Another thing that is strange if it was a meteorite is why someone would dump a truckload/s+ of black materiel in the upper right corner of the photo after the impact. it clearly was put there after the fact and looks out of place it is on top of the materiel from the hole/crater.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
What really scares me the most is where was the warning. I mean with all the

satellite advances. Surely we can launch enough to form a network zone. At

least it would give some advanced notice to shout like,"TAKE COVER", or

"GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD". Anything would help.

With all the golfers around the world and the ones working in aerospace, they could just yell FOUR!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
...and they all said Nibiru didn't exist. I thought it would be a bit bigger than that.

Unless I see a scientific paper from a reputable source, complete with composition analysis I'm not convinced.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Those who were apprehensive as why the satellites didn`t track the meteorite, I can tell that there are not many satellites that have cm diapozone radars. As I know only Russians, Tesla, and secret US (keyhole-class) satellites have these radars.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What if this is just a precursor!
Perhaps there are more on the way!
Hope someone is watching the skies!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
...and they all said Nibiru didn't exist. I thought it would be a bit bigger than that.

Sorry way of topic, but I couldnt resist... first thing I thought of when I read that

Question is... who in Latvia is responsible for the inter galactic misunderstanding!
Given the premise of the expanding Earth theory... and the time periods between Nibiru's return and all that malarkey, its just well possible!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join