It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latvia has fallen meteorite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers in Arms

It doesn't look much like an impact crater, and I don't understand why it would be burning but thanks anyway.

Edit: another source for the story.

And for those that asked, no, it's not possible to cover the whole sky to look for meteors, some are only discovered after they have passed near Earth.

[edit on 25/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Im guessing it was pretty small for a crater that size.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the link. Included it in the original post.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I believe it could be done with a satellite grid.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

What do you mean by that?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I wonder if tiberum will growth out

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Never seen footage of an impact crater with the the meteorite still on flames... great find

S&F

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Szerablyn
I remember back on Octuber 7th of last year, there were some time wave zero predictions, and if I'm not wrong that evening the first meteor to fall to earth witnessed by mankind crashed in Sudan.

I think Time Wave Zero is indeed working, the only problem is that people think that everything that matters is the USA, but definetely there are things happening, like the bombs in Irak and now the meteor.

The first meteor witnessed by man kind? Seems 100% bias in my opinion.

The Time Wave Zero has been quite the contrary of correct in most of it's "Predictions".

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm glad no one got hurt. Awesome footage but what if it had hit a apartment complex or a school?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
cool for the guy to investigate and record for us, but stoopid ofhim of getting so close knowing there may be some high levels of radiation!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, that's really interesting. I have also never seen a meteor right after impact. I hope it's real and I am not just an ass!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What I am most interested in, is what will be reported in other media outlets, what will they say and how spin it, because I think if true this is very significant. I am actually surprised nothing hit the main international info channels. What would really be interesting, is if nothing is reported. That would mean this news is even more significant. I appreciate all the additional sources provided. Let's wait how this turns out.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Could this be space junk or an et craft?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

And what? So then they would have about 8 seconds to warn people?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc28d95ca00a.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: readrussia.com...

If this is the scene of crash where is the police and army?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Maybe it was Dr. Doom returning from the Secret War?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That (if true) is pretty cool, seems to have been a lot more witnessed impacts over the past couple of years, remember the Canadian video's from earlier this year?

The amount of these things which are not witnessed must be immense, the Oceans, Deserts, Forests, Antarctic, wide open plains of Africa, I wonder if there is any footage of it before impact?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Could this be space junk or an et craft?

I think more likely it was a probe from the Moon. Currently Moon scientists are analyzing the data to see if any "plume" was visible.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Something like this, but with radar equipment and pointed the other way. Set up a grid system to detect things coming very close to the earth.

iahs.info...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Any warning is better than none. Implementation is the first step to securing greater development. As technology advances one day we may be able to have a secure grid for the solar system.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join