It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich 'may evolve into separate species'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Hm, interesting,

I can see his point, that the rich may become a super species, but I don't think it would be evolution.

I suppose it depends on the level of genetic engineering and gene alteration. But advances in robotics wouldn't be evolution, however I can seriously see the super rich becoming super humans.

Evolution is usually concerned with making genetic changes to give the new generation some advantage over the previous generation. Is it still evolution if it's done in a lab?

Evolution is simply change in state... whether that is conscious, unconscious or not, it always includes symbiosis with ones environment.

Yes this would be seen as evolution, especially if, given enough time, the dependency on these external machines causes changes in the genome.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't call that evolution, but certainly would change their phenotype. Maybe the "evil scientists" can manipulate the genetics of the super rich, so that they are dependent on some enzyme only produced by the poor. The poor then could charge billions for their enzyme and become the "new" rich.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
When you have everything, there is nothing to look forward too.

Sure there is, world domination!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes, this information has been thought about by quite a few, and not only do the superrich wish to be gods, and have all the advanced cloning and dna work done only for themselves, but reduce us to back the stone ages, and their base of operations, deep underground.

Its up to us to stop it all. We have to and demand disclsoure. The true disclosure, not the dragging forth Vrill, means the people are free and become space age, and they get healed, and there is no money, so no super rich exist.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yes, this information has been thought about by quite a few, and not only do the superrich wish to be gods, and have all the advanced cloning and dna work done only for themselves, but reduce us to back the stone ages, and their base of operations, deep underground.

Its up to us to stop it all.

In this scenario, the flaw in the "plan" of the super rich is in the trust they must place upon the scientists. You know how computer programmers put "backdoors" in programs....well, the scientists would likely do the same with the super rich and their DNA. Let the rich get cocky and feel "god-like". That will be their downfall. Scientists are not paid enough money to favor the rich and their "evil plan"

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They already have.

Apparently they don't need hearts. They somehow held onto some braincells.

Considering those are two of the most important functioning organs in the physical body, I'd say that's quite the leap.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wasn't this the plot of HG Wells's The Time Machine?

You'd think these guys could come up with something original

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

In this scenario, the flaw in the "plan" of the super rich is in the trust they must place upon the scientists. You know how computer programmers put "backdoors" in programs....well, the scientists would likely do the same with the super rich and their DNA. Let the rich get cocky and feel "god-like". That will be their downfall. Scientists are not paid enough money to favor the rich and their "evil plan"

Yeah, I think you may be onto something there, but the problem will arise when the Scientists area paid enough money, but I agree, there will be some kind of fail-safe that only the scientists will know about!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Yeah, I think you may be onto something there, but the problem will arise when the Scientists area paid enough money, but I agree, there will be some kind of fail-safe that only the scientists will know about!

Too right!!! But scientists will never be paid enough. Why have a slice of the pie when you can have the whole thing...especially if you have been denied even a crumb of "rich" pie your whole life. If I were part of the rich elite, I would avoid scientists...until I could become educated enough to be a filthy rich scientist.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Rich 'may evolve into separate species'

www.telegraph.co.uk

The super-rich may evolve into a separate species entirely in the future due to enhancements in biotechnology and robotic engineering, American futurologist Paul Saffo has said.

But Mr Saffo says these improvements would only be affordable to the super-rich. And because of this, he says, advancements may lead to a divide between the classes and eventually could lead to the super-rich evolving into a different species entirely, leaving his not-so-rich counterpart behind.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

That.....or inbreeding...

Not joking either...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Now when the Elite become Scientists, that's when we have to worry!

Imagine, GWBush with a PHD!

Scaaaarryyyyyyyyy!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Inbreeding will kill them all off eventually. The rich getting richer and marrying one another to keep the wealth. Smaller gene pool and less genetic variation...just give them time, they will drown in their own greed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join