It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD's 'Orwellian' anti-terror ads creeping out viewers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

"If you see, hear, or smell something suspicious, report it. Reporting is easy. Use the web or the phone," the speakers state. "A single report can lead to actions that ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Officer my neighbor smells funny I think he is a terrorist,

I guess is time to brainwash the population to become the new national volunteer gestapo.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Next step:

"If you happen to come across any strange messageboards on the internet discussing "conspiracies," be sure to report them to your local police using the new handy "one-click report" button now conveniently available on every browser."

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I live in a small town of 14,000 where nearly everyone knows everyone in some way. One could call it The Cheers of West Texas.

I see the point that you're trying to make, albeit a weak one at best ..

So then we're ALL in agreement, the whole iWatch idea is huge waste of time and just a nefarious means for the NWO/Illuminai/Masons/Reptilians/(insert dark group hell bent on world domination here) to enslave and conquer society.

Now that that's out of the way and taken care of ...

What then do YOU propose would be a 100% efficient and result guaranteed means to combat terrorism?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
reply to post by whaaa

I live in a small town of 14,000 where nearly everyone knows everyone in some way. One could call it The Cheers of West Texas.

I see the point that you're trying to make, albeit a weak one at best ..

So then we're ALL in agreement, the whole iWatch idea is huge waste of time and just a nefarious means for the NWO/Illuminai/Masons/Reptilians/(insert dark group hell bent on world domination here) to enslave and conquer society.

Now that that's out of the way and taken care of ...

What then do YOU propose would be a 100% efficient and result guaranteed means to combat terrorism?

And as sarcastic as you seem to be.....
I'll bet dollars to donuts that someone in that 14,000, hates your guts.
That's the one you need to look out for.

And there is no 100% efficient anything. Ever heard of the 2nd law of thermodynamics or social entropy as it applies here?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe we should start reporting the financial terrorism of the Federal Reserve and Goldman Sach's, investigating that should keep them busy enough! Oh and everyone should definitely report any strange "smells" coming from the bathroom, that's definitely terrorism!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
IMHO, you guys are looking at this the wrong way, and taking it the wrong way, and not thinking clearly.

I guess if there really is a terrorist within the USA, I can't trust any of you to be any help.

All the false calls you people are joking about, and saying "guilty untill proven innocent" and the like, they tell me that most of you just don't know anything about how the law works. When you call to report a terrorist, it is just a call to investigate, not instant guilt.

Also, suspicous smells could be caused by meth labs, and people cooking drugs and selling them to fund their terrorist ring. It could also be people creating types of chemical explosives.

If you actually do your research, you'll find that civilians are the number one source for terrorist leads. There have been multiple terrorist plots foiled and stopped because of civilians being suspicious and reporting. I actually think authorities would be lost without the help of civilians.

I understand you people are conspiracy junkies, but seriously, some of you are too scared or worried about getting caught as a terrorist that it makes me think you are guilty. If you are innocent, you have nothing to worry about!

Relax..

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Okay, so you've basicly said nothing.

I know that nothing is 100%, that was my point.

iWatch may not be perfect, but atleast they're taking the initiative to try to DO something.

Even the smallest effort is better than no effort.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Star my friend.

We seem to be of the same opinion of the matter.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

I understand you people are conspiracy junkies, but seriously, some of you are too scared or worried about getting caught as a terrorist that it makes me think you are guilty.

If you are innocent, you have nothing to worry about!

What are you talking about?

researchnews.osu.edu...

How about this?

www.truthinjustice.org...

Here is another. Ever do any research or just believe what the Government tells you?

whereismydata.wordpress.com...

Yeah, just a bunch of paranoid conspiracy nuts.

Deny Ignorance!

[edit on 25-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Well there is only 1 way to get rid of terrorism and that is to remove all the thinking species on the planet.

No matter what group, where there is a power structure some form of terrorising wlll occur.

Can you tell me what terrorism is?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow, are these people the finalists from some staring contest?

How do they keep their eyes so wide-open - special drops?

*Terrorism, blink and you'll miss it I guess...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Dear god.... !!!

When people start reporting suspicious activity like old granny down the street.. that's when we know we've reached a police state.

When people actually care about their neighborhoods and cities.. it's the end.

Run for the hills!!!!

In all seriousness, little ads like these are, and have always been in the background of society. It's only the paranoid crazy people who think they mean 1984- which is almost ironic considering that mostly only the paranoid crazy people report "suspicious" activity.

We've always been able to report "suspicious" activity at the drop of a hat anyways.

This ad campaign is clearly only to free up the "real" resources so they don't have to deal with idiots who think a fedex truck who just delivered a package to someone is really a terrorist delivering a nuclear bomb that is going to destroy half of the city.

They basically made an ad campaign with the message "Hey, idiot! quit calling 911 every time you see an unmarked van!"

[edit on 26-10-2009 by RestingInPieces]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yeah, just a bunch of paranoid conspiracy nuts.

Deny Ignorance!

Yeah you are paranoid if you are worried about something so stupid.

How did I know you were going to post that? Oh I know how, because people like you ALWAYS compare apples to oranges in order to support their agenda or belief.

I am fully aware that innocent people can be wrongly convicted, but that is because of errors and mistakes in the investigation, and other RARE problems. Did you even read the sources you provided?

If you are truly innocent you should be able to prove it with out a problem. So there is no reason for innocent people to be convicted, and I stand by my word "if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about".

Your post is highly irrelevant.

In order to get wrongly convicted of a crime, a crime has to actually take place. You are comparing a crime and a wrongly convicted person with a false suspicious activity report. Apple to oranges....

You want to deny ignorance? Then stop posting b.s. topics like this one.

The iWatch system is for civilians to help law enforcement. If you are against that then maybe you are a terrorist.

There is no reason to be worried about abuse, because abuse is still possible even without the iWatch system.... so you STILL have no point.

Being wrongly convicted is very rare, but it still happens on odd occasions. Maybe you should have read your own source better.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In psychology there is something called a drama triangle, I am OK you are OK they are not OK. I am a victim, or a potential victim, you can rescue me from that person who is bad. Pretty soon it really will be I am OK and you are OK because you think like me, but that person is not OK because he does not think like you and me. I am OK, you are OK but that person is a potential danger because they do not think like you or me. I might not be OK, and you might not be OK if we don’t call or report that person who doesn’t think like you or me and could do us harm.

That is where a system like this is eventually headed. Because they want to ‘Stop Terrorism’ before it happens.

I am OK you are OK, they are not OK because that person does not think like you or me, therefore they represent a potential harm to you or me. That frightens me, because I know because you are OK and think like me, you would never do anything to hurt me or victimize me, you would never frighten or terrorize me, but that person, they very well could because they don’t think like you or me.

This my friends is the next step beyond politically correct, this is the step that leads to the thought and speech police.

Anyone who doesn’t think the politically correct way or talk the politically correct way will soon be viewed as “talking fishy, acting fishy, and smelling fishy”. Then as these new anti-terror laws broaden to ‘prevent’ terrorism, basically authority just has to deem you talk fishy, act fishy, and smell fishy too, to conclude you are a potential terrorist. What will make them think that? A don’t tread on me Bumper Sticker, a Ron Paul t-shirt, a National Rifle Association Cap, or your participation at a Tea Party? Not even! Just a few other submissive, compliant, politically correct people stating that you frighten them because of how you talk, and act, and smell!

One has to wonder just how far the Powers that Be might go now with a State of National Emergency in effect. It takes just one stroke of a pen to declare Martial Law, put a clamp on the media, say it’s an outbreak of Swine-Flu, shut down the communication grid in an area were civil unrest happens to protest things like these commercials, and the government by fiat and decree that Washington is now running.

People should not fool themselves or lie to themselves. These are dangerous ideas and notions and it should be known and thoroughly considered recent news reports that Communist China has the second largest number of Billionaires in the world behind the United States.

Communism and capitalism have merged in China to create a new hybrid form of government. A totalitarian authoritarian police state for workers, and money, power, riches and freedoms for the managers and owners is what ‘communist China’ has become. Most of that wealth and those principals have grown from servicing our durable manufactured goods need here in America. Many of those are joint ventures with American companies.

I fear we are headed for the same system. A totalitarian authoritarian politically correct, thought and speech controlled state for the masses, living just above the poverty line. Riches, power and wealth for the managers and owners and government officials, in a two class system appears to be what’s on tap for America.

Beware, be vigilant. It is what it is.

[edit on 26/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Did any of you go to the iWatch website and watch the "Community Training Video"?

It gives you a good idea of what could happen...

If you are paranoid about a neighbor calling in and falsely calling you a terrorist then you shouldn't worry unless you have bomb making materials and tons of solid evidence to convict you.

Here are the suspicious activities they list on the official website:

lapdonline.org...

Here are examples of behaviors and activities to report:

People drawing or measuring important buildings.

Strangers asking questions about security or building security procedures.

Briefcase, suitcase, backpack, or package left behind.

Cars or trucks left in No Parking zones in front of important buildings.

Intruders in secure areas where they are not supposed to be.

Chemical smells or fumes that worry you.

People asking questions about sensitive information such as building blueprints, security plans, or VIP travel schedules without a right or need to know.

Purchasing supplies or equipment that can be used to make bombs or weapons or purchasing uniforms without having the proper credentials.

Important Places to Watch

Government buildings
Religious facilities
Amusement parks
Sports/Entertainment venues
High-rise buildings
Mass-gathering locations—parades, fairs, etc.
Schools
Hotels
Theaters
Shopping malls
Bridges
Public transportation

So, Whaaa, what category are you worried about the most?

Smell something suspicious? Like someone cooking shakshouka?

....and you just said "Deny Ignorance"...

Chemical smells and fumes, not food.

Best not be flippin anyone off in traffic....

Yeah because flipping someone off is totally a suspicious terrorist activity and is on the iWatch activity list...

Seems like you just spread ignorance instead of deny it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Here are examples of behaviors and activities to report:

People drawing or measuring important buildings.
Briefcase, suitcase, backpack, or package left behind.
Important Places to Watch

Amusement parks
Public transportation

So I guess its time to lock up kindergarten-age kids for drawing choo-choo trains or crayon images from their trip to Disneyland.

To say nothing of those nefarious, shifty-eyed art students with their sketch books and backpacks! And let's not forget that harried businessman who forgot his briefcase or his brown-paper-bagged sandwich somewhere during lunch hour!

[edit on 10/26/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

So do you honestly think they will lock up kindergarten children based on suspicion alone, without doing any type of further investigation??

Come on people, I know all of you are scared and intimidated by the law, but seriously..... when will you get some common sense?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

Whether you realize it or not, you're agreeing with what I said.
Which Is:
There is NO such thing as 100% efficiency when it comes to ridding the world of terrorism.

The arguement was "It has flaws and isn't perfect"

MY arguement was "True, but atleast it has potential"

Don't hate it for what it's not. Encourage it for what it can be.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
To say nothing of those nefarious, shifty-eyed art students with their sketch books and backpacks! And let's not forget that harried businessman who forgot his briefcase or his brown-paper-bagged sandwich somewhere during lunch hour!

[edit on 10/26/09 by silent thunder]

Do you even know what "investigation" means?

Suspicious things happen all the time, and a small "investigation" of said thing will determine the seriousness of the situation.

What you are implying is that people will get locked up and go to jail on suspicions only, without any investigation... that is wrong, and your posts are highly misleading.

--edit for cross post--

reply to post by silent thunder

You are not funny. You are not a comedian. ATS is not a place for off topic, ignorant, jokes....that is for BTS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join