It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DSM-IV the spirituality That underlies Psychiatry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Wescott and hort were occultist they perverted the bible on pupose. Gnostic cults perverted the Bible immediatly after it was preached, they have fragments of textus receptus marked with the editing marks of the gnostic mystery schools.

Gail Ripplinger is probably the best author on this topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by StopComplaining
Who cares what I say the Bible Says, I'm saying read the Bible and see what Gods Word (KJV) says.

So are you saying everyone interprets KJV identically?

Even if you are trying to say that, what is it specifically that makes KJV right and the other versions wrong? Can you give me an answer that isn't identical to what all the other Christians who are supposedly wrong would say?

So are you saying everyone interprets KJV identically? No.

It is the Holy Spirit himself who reveals scripture.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So are you saying everyone interprets KJV identically? No.

It is the Holy Spirit himself who reveals scripture.

Can you elaborate on how the Holy Spirit informs you of how to read the scripture?

Second line... Curious as to where this is going.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

If you look to understand Jesus' teachings externally, instead of thinking about them and weighing them with your own heart

, you are giving power over to these church people to tell you what is right and wrong. If you think that's the way to go, good for you. I guess we can agree to disagree, it's no big deal.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by bsbray11]

Jer 17:9 ¶ The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I do not trust my own heart.

What is right and wrong cannot be decided by anyone. God is the only one who decideds what is right and wrong. His word is found in the Holy Bible.

P.S. I have only ever gone once to a church service (not incl funeral/wedding etc).

[edit on 26-10-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

You do not need a Nicolaitan to teach you. Jesus hates the deeds of men who put themselves as mediators between god and man when Jesus Christ himself is the only mediator between God and man.

Revelation 2:6 "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Jesus hates men

Some interesting views here.

Anyway, what you call the "Holy Ghost" is about the closest you come to actually following your heart imo, except it seems more like an intellectual bias that you follow, but again just my opinion. Other Christians that disagree with your particular views would probably be quick to accuse you of hosting and entertaining more demons. It's used as a catch-all whenever there's talk of "spirits" or this or that and they just don't want to hear the message because it doesn't fit with what they already believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sorry I should have said Jesus Hates the deeds of men.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

As a grad student in Transpersonal Psychology, with a Bachelor's in Psychology, I'd really recommend opening the DSM-IV before taking others' words for what's in it and what it's for.

This latest version is the only version so far to include anything remotely transpersonal or spiritual. It's been laughed at over the years as being too dry and only a help when diagnosing a person for insurance purposes.

The DSM-IV isn't something we Psych people just pick up and read. Plus, if someone is troubled by witchcraft why not send them to a person who understands their spiritual crisis??

I'm trying not to be rude here, but I actually laughed out loud when I read the title of your thread. It's along the lines of saying the dictionary has no story and only an idiot would read it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

"and having disposed of the dark skinned, the lawless, the godless; The fair skinned noble people entered in upon their lands and made them theirs. With them the noble people brought the Gods of heaven and earth and these they worshipped with sacrifice and ritual chanting of mantra..."

I discern that this verse is describing a murderous mob of Idolators, participating in demon worship. Most likely they are the offspring of fallen angles.

If you discern what this verse means(not that I agree with it in any way) why can't a person discern a verse in the bible? How else are there so many takes on its meaning? Years ago there was an estimate of over 30,000 christian faiths! That doesn't even take into account each persons take within each of them. I agree that those that argue should also read what they are arguing about. But if it is not done in an objective manner and instead fueled by passionate, personal beliefs and judgements that were previously established, it degrades into a fight of I am right and you are wrong.

Curious too that your screen name is 'stop complaining'. Does that include everyone? Or are some exempt?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by seageek]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Your thread title is a bit misleading. The DSM-IV is important to psychiatry. It could be said to "underlie" psychiatric diagnostic practice. DSM-IV Religious & Spiritual Problems is a continuing-education course, whose influence would be limited to those who take the course, and then only to the extent that the practitioner agrees with the teacher's recommendations.

The point of the course is to tell pactitioners how its teacher, Dr Lukoff, would apply the "coded" diagnostic category "religious and spiritual problem." The point of there being such a category is not to demean religious experience. On the contrary, coding the category improves "differential diagnosis."

For example, someone who sees Jesus or the Holy Spirit in a vision is less likely to be diagnosed as being psychotic than without the formal recognition of religious experience as a source of visions. The finding could be that there are non-medical reasons for the experience, and more easily so if there is formal definition of the non-medical alternative.

If the religious category is found to apply, then there remains the issue of counseling the person how to integrate their experience into their lives. Since the finding is that the person does not have a medical issue, then it is sensible that the recommendation will not be to place the person under a doctor's care.

The common sense of referring a non-medical religious issue to someone with expertise in the person's religion is self-evident. Psychiatry is not in the business of judging the validity of religions. If a Christian is having a religious experience, then referral to Christian clergy makes sense. If someone from a Shamanic background is having a religious experience, then a shaman makes sense - the same sense in both cases, unless you wish to have the medical profession choosing people's religions for them.

In neither case is anyone with a medical problem being referred to a non-medical practitioner. In neither case will the referred practitioner be performing any medical services.

The course may be accessed for free here:

www.spiritualcompetency.com...
www.spiritualcompetency.com...

I also comment specifically on your false claims about Jung.

Or what about Jung who embraced his shadow and allowed the horned spirit being Philemon to enter into his being and write channelled through him.

Philemon was Jung's name for an aspect of his psyche. There was no question of "allowing" Philemon "to enter" Jung's "being." Philemon was already there. Philemon was Jung. Jung was not a "horned spirit being," so neither was Philemon.

Jung's depiction of Philemon included horns during his debut in a dream, but a subsequent Red Book depiction lacks horns. The influence of William Blake on Jung's imagery surrounding Philemon is fairly obvious.

Nor can Jung's attention to himself be called "channeling" in any New Age sense. Jung was listening to, and seeing, his own thoughts, an activity which is also known as "thinking."

Apparently, Jung wrote his "Seven Sermons for the Dead" by means of automatic writing. In other words, he wrote by attending to some of his thoughts rather than to others. Since it is routine for many writers to experience the source of their inspiration as "outside" or "distinct" from their waking conscious thoughts, it is difficult to see that Jung was engaged in anything sinsiter.

Finally, note that Jung's experiment occurred in 1916, when "automatic writing" was more in vogue than now. Jung was a psychiatrist, and so it was his job to find out how things like automatic writing work.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by eight bits]

[edit on 26-10-2009 by eight bits]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Thank you again Stop.

Your concerns about Satan using me, tricking me by using a Light appearance is all fine and good on paper and in beliefs. In reality, in the experience of it, one comes to know some things that trend away from the perceptions offered in christian beliefs.

The projections of fear shown in the video is about control by Belief, sorry to say. It is taboo to explore the works of your God all around us in all the various guises, to prevent us from Self Gnosis... not Selfish-ness... but as said in the video, knowing the divine within.

Knowing this is not the same as thinking on it, or believing in it. Instead it is an active experience in each moment that you really can Feel.

That Feel is a Key. All things around us have a signature feel or key. In this way, Intent is easily discerned by the Feel. Now I know you will say Satan can replicate the feeling... but I'm afraid in reality that is not the case. Anything/anyone choosing darkness has Light within it, I see it clearly, it is there. It has Feel to it, as does the remaining dark it holds... even when it witholds the dark to shine the light. The Key provides Intent.

Not saying now that there aren't some rather nasty things choosing darkness, because there is, and if you explore you will meet them. You know immediately what they are up to, and would you believe Loving them unconditionally really begins their healing? It is true Stop. There's confirmation Jesus was onto it when he tells us to love our enemies.

Stop, I'm not trying to change your opinion or belief. Just conversing with you from the perspective of someone living the reality as opposed to reading and or believing anything about it.

Be well.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I am well aware that most Psychiatrist are so ignorant they do not even read their own literature, but rather make stuff up as they go along.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seageek

Anyone who is trying to tell you that they are paritial and objective is lying. Everybody has a spiritual position, at least I make mine clear.

You seem to be chiding me because I am passionate, Jesus' final work is called his passion, if you do not have passion you are simply dead in your sins.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Someone who is completely lacking in judgment is ... ... ... completely lacking in judgement.

I have read Jungs automatic writting and it is simply Nihalism, Narcisism. It is the lie from the serpent in the garden.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seageek

People have different functions within the body of christ.

1Corinthian 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

Only Jesus himself knows who belongs to his true church.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about a Muslim person having a religous problem?

They would surely be directed towards reading the Qur'an, which is supposadly the dictates of the arch angle Gabriel who came to Mohammed and strangled him.
Mohammed was sure he was possesed by a demon, but his wife convinced him he was a profit.

Here is logic, either gabriel is who the Bible says he is, or he is the angle that strangled mohammed and told him to kill the jews, and christians.

You cannot eliminate logical inconsistancies simply by being ignorant of them.

The DSMIV has to have a stance, a spiritual stand point. Just because that stand point is ignorant, nihilistic, hegalian dialectical, does not mean that it is neutral.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Joshua - Chapter 24:15
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

If you please you can go get boiled in a kettle. But as for me I choose to accept the free gift of eternal life.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by notreallyalive

I am well aware that most Psychiatrist are so ignorant they do not even read their own literature, but rather make stuff up as they go along.

Thank you for taking a moment to read my post. You completely misunderstood my point but I don't think that matters to you. Congrats on reinforcing to yourself that you're always right!

57 replies, 1 flag

Maybe other people see things a little differently than you, eh?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I still want to hear more about this "Holy Ghost" that's come to Stop.

I don't think he has experienced anything so radically different than what most the rest of us have experienced intuitively, he is just afraid of more things than the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive

As a grad student in Transpersonal Psychology, with a Bachelor's in Psychology, I'd really recommend opening the DSM-IV before taking others' words for what's in it and what it's for.

This latest version is the only version so far to include anything remotely transpersonal or spiritual. It's been laughed at over the years as being too dry and only a help when diagnosing a person for insurance purposes.

The DSM-IV isn't something we Psych people just pick up and read. Plus, if someone is troubled by witchcraft why not send them to a person who understands their spiritual crisis??

I'm trying not to be rude here, but I actually laughed out loud when I read the title of your thread. It's along the lines of saying the dictionary has no story and only an idiot would read it.

The reason I hate the DSMIV is precisely because I DID open it up and read it, before anyone INDOCTRINATED me as to what it was saying.

I got full marks in my Psychology class but I renounce every single credit, Psychology is rotten to the core, the foundations are corrupt and "if the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Psalms 11:3

In response to your question, Why not send all the people with drug addiction problems to other people with drug addiction problems? that way they can cry on each others shoulders and share neddles.

And here is a serious question what was your experience graduating from Transpersonal Psychology? If you didn't obsess over gerbils in inappropriate places like Frued, Conjure up demons like Jung, Fall in love with your cousin like Maslow, or become a dominatrix like Skinner What did you do. Did you shoot aliens with orgone energy? Did you hit a bed with a tennis racket and cry like a baby? Did you infiltrate a catholic monastry and turn all the Nuns into lesbians?

Honestly I am not quite up to date with Transpersonal Psychology please "enlighten" me?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join