It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai questions US reliability as partner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai questioned the reliability of the United States as a partner Sunday, as he fought off criticism of his government's legitimacy following fraud-marred elections.

Karzai's main challenger, former foreign minister Abdullah Abdullah, warned in an interview with CNN that the US strategy will not succeed without a credible partner in Kabul, blaming Karzai for deteriorating conditions.

But underscoring the political headache that Washington faces if Karzai wins a run-off against Abdullah next month, Karzai pointed the finger at the United States in a separate, pre-recorded CNN interview.

I honestly had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I read this headline.
Just who does Karzai think he is? He has never been a partner with the US.
He is a puppet placed there by the neo-cons to dance to any tune called by the US.

Fraud-marred elections in Afghanistan? Nooooo......

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Karzai was nothing, and was with Special Forces when they called in a critical attack to keep the Taliban from wiping out his village.

He's been smooching the butts of the Iranians and everyone else. Karzai is only out for Karzai.

We should have our security teams pull back from that SOB and let his countrymen solve the problem.

He's truly a pretentious jerk.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, regardless of the personal opinions expressed, which always seem to come from one side of the aisle, who can blame Karzai or anyone else for questioning US resolve in Afghanistan?

Obama's has done nothing at all in terms of meeting troop strength requested by his commanders and Taliban strength in the area by all reports is growing.

Whatever you think of him is really beside the point, not that it stops anyone from spewing hatred, but the real question is, Is the US committed to Afghanistan and keeping the Taliban out of power?

During the campaign, Obama repeatedly stated that Afghanistan was the real and necessary war for combating terrorism. Now, the issue seems to be not even on the back burner. It's in the freezer.

If I were McChrystal I'd excreting bricks about now. If Obama fiddles while Afghanistan burns, McChrystal will take the fall.

[edit on 2009/10/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
[edit on 25-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
All part of the game.

He has to show his people that he can stand up to the US. you can expect more of this rhetoric no matter who wins the election.

Afghanistan has got to start showing that they can fend for themselves.

Where's Obama?

top topics

join