Thank You!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
Winning the war on terrorism IS impossible, but only if we do what YOU advocate, which is laying down and doing nothing. No THAT is REALLY stupid...

I didn't advocate anything, you just assumed, you people seem to do that alot, maybe thats why people are trying to kill you.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie

MessedUpAnnie, who thinks its still about soldiers not have a choice. Wrong, we chose, and are proud of the choice.

Exactly, you had a choice .. which is what I stated in the first place. And you're proud of that choice. That's great for you.

Now don't get me wrong, I DO care about the fact that you guys are out there risking your lives for this war. Especially because all this war is doing is creating more terrorism. I see most of you as pawns in a really sick, sad game.

I mean think about it logically Affirmative Reaction (I'm assuming here that you are logical and could actually get a job elsewhere without the military being your only option) ... how are you stopping terrorism? How is all of your fighting going to end terrorism? So you caught a few bad guys, true, but you just created about 50 new ones in doing so! And look at the children that will grow up and hate America! They too will be suicide bombers! Can you see that?

War does not create peace! Can you understand how that works? War does not end terrorism, it only breeds new terrorists! Can you understand this line of reasoning??

Anyway, good luck .. stay safe. This isn't my war, glad we stayed the hell out of it, especially after all that's been coming out lately.

Proud of your choices indeed, I wonder if Rumsfeld is still saying the same thing.

You couldn't have put it any better

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

How is all of your fighting going to end terrorism? So you caught a few bad guys, true, but you just created about 50 new ones in doing so!

Well, if we take away their means (weapons, money, etc.) of being a terrorist then how would they be able to terrorize?

War does not create peace! Can you understand how that works? War does not end terrorism, it only breeds new terrorists! Can you understand this line of reasoning??

Tell that to the people who fought in WWI and II. Would you have rather let the Nazis take over Europe? Imagine what the world would be like then.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Now don't get me wrong, I DO care about the fact that you guys are out there risking your lives for this war. Especially because all this war is doing is creating more terrorism. I see most of you as pawns in a really sick, sad game.

I mean think about it logically Affirmative Reaction (I'm assuming here that you are logical and could actually get a job elsewhere without the military being your only option) ... how are you stopping terrorism?

Anyway, good luck .. stay safe. This isn't my war, glad we stayed the hell out of it, especially after all that's been coming out lately.

Thank you for the supportive sentiments. I always respond kindly to those who offer the same to me.

I always think logically, that's why I do what I do. I can get a job anywhere I wish...a Masters degree will do that for you. As a matter of fact, I will retire this year, and will join you in the private sector.

Let me put it to you this way. Lets say for arguments sake that you are a thief who specializes in breaking into houses. Youve done it hundreds of times, and are part of a group of say, 100 thieves who do the same thing. People start getting fed up. They start shooting your comrades. Dead. Every time. If they dont get you in the house, they track you down and either incarcerate you or, if you resist, they kill you. They dont let up, you arent safe anywhere. Are you going to continue doing what is going to get you killed? I think not. Eventually, most people are going to get the idea and stop. Will they all? No, and we dont expect that. But we wont stop either. If we want to be free and safe, we cant. Just as they have those will keep going until they die, we have those who will continue to track them down.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I didn't advocate anything, you just assumed, you people seem to do that alot, maybe thats why people are trying to kill you.

There is nothing to assume...by your own admission, you advocate nothing. That means you advocate DOING nothing.

Are you related to John Kerry????

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Let me put it to you this way. Lets say for arguments sake that you are a thief who specializes in breaking into houses. Youve done it hundreds of times, and are part of a group of say, 100 thieves who do the same thing. People start getting fed up. They start shooting your comrades. Dead. Every time. If they dont get you in the house, they track you down and either incarcerate you or, if you resist, they kill you. They dont let up, you arent safe anywhere. Are you going to continue doing what is going to get you killed? I think not. Eventually, most people are going to get the idea and stop. Will they all? No, and we dont expect that. But we wont stop either. If we want to be free and safe, we cant. Just as they have those will keep going until they die, we have those who will continue to track them down.

Well thank god that we live in a decent society because what you'd propose is a vigilante mob system to rule instead of cops. What are you, some kind of republican?

You'll stop crime by fear and intimidating behavior, yah, the works just like the death sentence.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There is nothing to assume...by your own admission, you advocate nothing. That means you advocate DOING nothing.

Are you related to John Kerry????

John Kerry? Well actually...

Wars breed terrorism, i feel my point has been sufficiently proven.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

How is all of your fighting going to end terrorism? So you caught a few bad guys, true, but you just created about 50 new ones in doing so!

Well, if we take away their means (weapons, money, etc.) of being a terrorist then how would they be able to terrorize?

Tell that to the people who fought in WWI and II. Would you have rather let the Nazis take over Europe? Imagine what the world would be like then.

Cool Hand, WWII was fought by people defending their own countries. It was only the Nazi's that went and attacked everyone else. You can't really compare. You could if the USA were defending themselves on their own land, they aren't so its not comparable.

As for taking away their means to terrorise. Absolutely, you are correct .. but one small problem ... the USA gave them these means in the first place. Look into history and you will see this and look into the reasons why. What they have done has come back to bite them in the ass. Many would say they deserve it.

Until the USA stops its policies of breeding and supporting terrorism in order to increase their capital and their power, terrorism will never end.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Excuse me? How dare you say my opinion is invalid! You're just some braindead grunt who follows orders, you deserve everything those civilians are throwing back at you.

You mindless moron! You sit back and you think that this war is benefitting those who support freedom but does nothing except create more recruits for suicide bombers.

When the next terrorist attack comes and many die then it is on your heads.

You are a mindless pig, rot in hell.

Wow. I just love people that are so smart. Brain dead grunt. Mindless pig. Such powerful and eloquent words.

People! People! We have a man here with a message!

We bring terrorism upon ourselves!

The answer is to lie down and do nothing! We are breading terrorists! We must stop! If we just leave them alone they will go away! We must all bury our heads in the sand!!

(the crowd chants)

Nerdling! Nerdling! Nerdling!

Geez. And this from an ATSNN editor. I would have hoped for better.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
AffirmativeReaction: Why would I support troops who are part of an illegal war? Are you somehow protecting me and my freedoms by being in Iraq? Hardly.

So whatever kind of crap you need to convince yourself of while you're there is fine, just don't expect me to buy it. You joined the Army knowing it might cost you your life. Hopefully it doesn't come to that but if it does, that's your job, right?

It doesn't bother you knowing this war was fought for oil companies and Republican contributors? That there was no threat to the USA? Can you force American-style freedom on those who don't want it?

jako

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And Affirmative .. as for your example, now redo it and change it to read

'lets say that I give you the materials needed to break into houses and then you decide that I'm an asshole and that it might be fun to break into my house instead ... so then I come to stop you and kill you'

That would be closer to the truth

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock

Excuse me? How dare you say my opinion is invalid! You're just some braindead grunt who follows orders, you deserve everything those civilians are throwing back at you.

You mindless moron! You sit back and you think that this war is benefitting those who support freedom but does nothing except create more recruits for suicide bombers.

When the next terrorist attack comes and many die then it is on your heads.

You are a mindless pig, rot in hell.

Wow. I just love people that are so smart. Brain dead grunt. Mindless pig. Such powerful and eloquent words.

People! People! We have a man here with a message!

We bring terrorism upon ourselves!

The answer is to lie down and do nothing! We are breading terrorists! We must stop! If we just leave them alone they will go away! We must all bury our heads in the sand!!

(the crowd chants)

Nerdling! Nerdling! Nerdling!

Geez. And this from an ATSNN editor. I would have hoped for better.

*yawn*

You seem to be acting like we either fight or die, it's not like that. As for your opinions, i couldn't care less.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Cool Hand, WWII was fought by people defending their own countries. It was only the Nazi's that went and attacked everyone else. You can't really compare. You could if the USA were defending themselves on their own land, they aren't so its not comparable.

Excuse me, weren't we defending our own country? I seem to recall that the Japanese were able to invade Alaskan territories, and it is a well known fact that Hitler was working on weapons to attack the US with right up until he died.

As for taking away their means to terrorise. Absolutely, you are correct .. but one small problem ... the USA gave them these means in the first place. Look into history and you will see this and look into the reasons why. What they have done has come back to bite them in the ass. Many would say they deserve it.

You act as if we equipped every terrorist group out there. If that was the case then why are they walking around with AK's and not M-16s? Other countries provided far more equipment and training to them than we ever did.

Until the USA stops its policies of breeding and supporting terrorism in order to increase their capital and their power, terrorism will never end.

We support terrorism? How? By giving them such easy targets?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You seem to be acting like we either fight or die, it's not like that. As for your opinions, i couldn't care less.

Considering the fact that they are out to clease the world for Islam, yes. You can either convert, or die as you are not worthy of sharing in Allah's graces.

Guess you will be one of the new converts for Islam?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Cool Hand,

The US trained Bin Laden. They needed him before so they trained him and used him. In fact the Bush boys were in pretty tight with Osama. He later turned on them.

Even Saddam didn't have weapons until the US provided him with them. Supposedly the plan was for Saddam to attack Iran, he changed his mind and bombed Kuwait instead.

Even as we speak, there are US companies in countries , Chiquata being one, that pay terrorists for protection cuz they are in dangerous land. But hey, all for the almighty capitalistic buck huh? Somehow that makes it ok ... it's only not ok when it comes back to bite you in the ass

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Considering the fact that they are out to clease the world for Islam, yes. You can either convert, or die as you are not worthy of sharing in Allah's graces.

Guess you will be one of the new converts for Islam?

I can't believe you were idiotic enough to say something like that. For your information I'm a jew, i'm going nowhere.

So what if they're different? Who does it harm? Islam is a religion of peace largely practiced by a peace loving people, even if they are a bit backward they'll change, but then again, who are we to judge? Who appointed you in charge?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Cool Hand,

The US trained Bin Laden. They needed him before so they trained him and used him. In fact the Bush boys were in pretty tight with Osama. He later turned on them.

Where is the proof of that? All I have ever seen is speculation.

Even Saddam didn't have weapons until the US provided him with them. Supposedly the plan was for Saddam to attack Iran, he changed his mind and bombed Kuwait instead.

That is a load of crap. He tried to invade Iran once. Eight years later he finally figured out that it was too powerful for him to ever hope to takeover.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I can't believe you were idiotic enough to say something like that. For your information I'm a jew, i'm going nowhere.

Guess that remains to be seen. If they had it their way your religion would have to go, since it does not agree with their intrepretation of Islam.

So what if they're different? Who does it harm? Islam is a religion of peace largely practiced by a peace loving people, even if they are a bit backward they'll change, but then again, who are we to judge? Who appointed you in charge?

No one did, it is not my job to judge. My job is to protect those that need protection.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Cool Hand,

Where is the proof of that? All I have ever seen is speculation.

That is a load of crap. He tried to invade Iran once. Eight years later he finally figured out that it was too powerful for him to ever hope to takeover.

Speculation? It's all speculation unless you were there! Go read, you should be able to find enough stuff to keep you busy on the subject.

As for Saddam, where did he get the weapons from? Find me the 'speculation' on that will ya?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
CoolHand: "Considering the fact that they are out to clease the world for Islam, yes. You can either convert, or die as you are not worthy of sharing in Allah's graces.

Guess you will be one of the new converts for Islam?"

Well, unfortunately for those us who are educated enough to know better, this is a load of fear-mongering crap.

Do you know ANYTHING about Islam? Please enlighten me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join