It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Im a little curious as to how exactly you think your showing them respect by writting some lame ass letter to a bunch of people in conspiracy forum!?!

If you actually cared then go out and do some support work or start a support web-site or something along those lines...

Im sure their maybe a small handfull of active duty people hear but im fairly sure next to no one in the military will hear your hilarious letter of support..

In other words..... your wasting time and space by bringing that crap here...

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I am sorry that I was so stupid to think that we'd give a damn about our own.
The fact is, those soldiers have never met you. They could probably care less about you. They're as much "our own" as they consider you their own, which can be compared to the level of compassion the guy who ownes the convenience store you stopped in, once, has for you. Sure, it's nice to think that they're doing it for you, but in reality, they're there because they were in the military, and the politicians sent them to war. If they choose not to go, they spend some serious time locked up in a cell.
I don't know any of them, and they don't know me. Painting some patriotic image on war is BS, IMO. Now, if they were all volunteers, that might be different. Although, I'd still suspect ulterior motives for wanting to go to war...like the personal desire to be a "warrior". Some people get off on that. Some even look forward to shooting someone. In the real world, people don't really do things for you. They do things for themselves.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To extend thanks to those who are dying in Iraq does not seem to be an exercise in futility. Why can't a person express their sincere feelings (Yes, even in a conspiracy site?)
I'm a fairly cynical person in regard to how the government manipulates us etc. etc. and I'm NOT in favor of this war.
However, to say that writing a note of thanks is jumping on the patriotic Bush bandwagon is to misunderstand completely that you can have sentiments for people despite your hatred of a situation.
Good heavens, have we come to such a place that a few well-spoken words of thanks are seen as hilarious etc. etc.???
OK, rant over. I have a feeling that I'm never gong to connect with the majority of you on this. To me this has to do with the idea that gratitude can coexist with dislike of the war and it's policies. And, it doesn't really matter whether those who Gazz wrote the letter to hear it or not...it's a sentiment being expressed. Geez.....the cynicism is too much.
Rant Over.
Joey

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you Joey, At least one person got the meaning of my post here.

As for knowing them, I can say that I do now.. I have a nephew in this war now. And through him I can see that these "soldiers" are our own... and also to think with the massive traffic on this site that no one from the military would see this message and it would only be exclusive to a world opposed to war is just wrong.. anyway this was not about those in favor or against war.. It is about those who will serve in it.

The real meaning was to show another human face on this war, to show that we have our own being killed and facing harship and god only knows what... all in the name of a country.

Maybe you are right, maybe most do not want to be there, and maybe they are not fighting for our country.. but I believe they have pride in their work, and they must know that we do not hate them, or hold all that we've seen in this war against them.

I will be getting letters and pictures from my nephew and I will share some of them in my blog when the time is right.

Then maybe you will see what I am talking about here.

Gazz

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anytime, anyone says anything, that can be construed to be aiding Bush in any way, the kooky lefties will attack it with great fervor. Be advised UmGazz, that the VAST majority of people in America understand what is going on and also support the troops totally and without any caveats. Ignore the kooks.

Variable

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I support your letter Gazz.
And I understand what you are saying and trying to express.

I don't have any family in this war, but I do have a lot of friends who are, and I worry about them every day. Every day I dread getting an e mail from thier wives saying they arnt coming home, and every day that goes by I am greatful for not getting that e mail.

Some people don't understand. They don't agree, and they don't have sympathy for those who are stuck fighting in this war. No one wanted this war, no one loves this war. But it is something we are all in. Reguardless if people say its wrong or right, its what is.

I for one support this war, but I think it could of been handled a lot better, and come election time, I will vote for someone other than Bush as my own way to show my disapproval of how things are.

Its funny, people claim nothing has changed,but for the families and friends of those brave men and women who are out there fighting, everything has changed.

My life changed after 9/11, it had a dirrect impact on my family. And I am actually thankful that some people don't feel that change.

To the troops in the field, I can only speak for myself, but I am behind you 100%, come home safe and sound.

and Thank you Gazz for your post. It reflects how many of us feel.

To the rest of ya who want to flame something from the heart.....

Its not worth my time.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Do you thank everyone who has a dangerous job? When was the last time you thanked a beam walker for building skyscrapers? Or an underwater welder? Or a fireman? There are plenty of dangerous jobs that aren't glorified. I could choose to do any of them, if I was so inclined. Are these people working for you? Hell no! They're working for paychecks. I don't hate soldiers, nor do I care for them. If someone I don't even know gets killed, my life goes on as if it never happened, as does everyone else's.

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Satyr]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
From one who fights this war, I thank YOU for your sentiments and your post. We in the military know that the vast majority of the American people support us in what we do. It�s just too bad that there as so many morons on this board that have to take your post and twist it into a forum for their twisted need to flame and jeer at people. Seems like most of them doing it were most likely bullied in school, so they are now trying to �get back� at those that mistreated them in person by using the abject anonymous nature of the internet to do the same to you.

Nerdling, who just doesn�t care about anything but himself and claiming that the �left told us so�, when in truth, they voted to go to Iraq�

Illmatic67, an angry child who has ho clue what he is talking about because, like most here, he�s never been there himself � �because that is��?????

MessedUpAnnie, who thinks it�s still about soldiers not have a choice. Wrong, we chose, and are proud of the choice.

heelstone, who thinks the threat of Muslim extremist terrorism is highly exaggerated. Tell that to all those whose love ones died on 9/11.

DipSchnit, who thinks we should go into semi-isolation. Yeah, that will make the rest of the world love us�.as they all starve to death and their economies go in the tank�

specialasianX, who won�t fight for his country because he doesn�t agree with the reasons for war�but he would if he was getting $9000.00 a week�now THERE�s a patriot for you�.

metalmessiah, who believes we are victims. No, we are soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines, fighting for the freedoms you all enjoy on a daily basis. Fight so you will always have the right to come here and say whatever you feel. Do you think they have that right in China? How about Havana?

McGotti, who admonishes you for writing your feelings here, saying, �In other words..... your wasting time and space by bringing that crap here...� calling it a �hilarious letter of support..� that very few military personnel will �hear�. Well, he shows his stupidity in various ways, not the least of which is how many he believes will see your OUTSTANDING message of support. It�s already in Iraq, Oman, and a few other countries I will not name, as I emailed it out to many friends. It is propagating rapidly, as do all such messages to our troops.

Satyr, who thinks we care nothing about our countrymen, only for ourselves. That we only do what we do because we are afraid to go to prison. Satyr hasn�t a clue. Wrong on every count, period. We ARE an all volunteer force, and we DO serve for our COUNTRY, and our COUNTRYMEN. He says, �In the real world, people don't really do things for you. They do things for themselves.� Well, that just proves that satyr lives in his own selfish little world where he does nothing for anyone else. He also says, �I don't hate soldiers, nor do I care for them.� What a hollow shell of a being, to not care for your fellow man except when it suits your own selfish purposes. That is very sad�

Um_Gazz, your letter and feelings are appreciated and are screaming their way around the world as I write this. Ignore the nay sayers, they have no idea what they are talking about because, for the most part, they have never, and most likely will never, serve anything but their own selfish needs.

Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Affirmative Reaction,

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very very very much for speaking these words and forwarding Gazz's message!!

ROCK ON!!!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"Nerdling, who just doesn�t care about anything but himself and claiming that the �left told us so�, when in truth, they voted to go to Iraq�"

Coming from a man who fights a self-centred war?

Pot calling kettle black methinks.

Who voted for the war, ok, Kerry and Kennedy did because they voted for the disarmament of Iraq, you lied, there were no weapons, this war was not justified. You're nothing but foolish crusaders and i do not support you.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Who voted for the war, ok, Kerry and Kennedy did because they voted for the disarmament of Iraq, you lied, there were no weapons, this war was not justified. You're nothing but foolish crusaders and i do not support you.

You're opinion that it is a celf centered war, although it's an invalid opinion. It's an action that will benefit all who support freedom from terror, even you who do not support us. I do not reqire your support, and the fact that you do not offer it makes absolutly no difference to me what so ever.

There ARE weapons, as is evidenced by the IED found with 3 to 4 litres of Sarin. The rest are yet to be discovered. There is no lie, except fo the one where you say only Kerry and Kennedy supported the armed intervention in Iraq. Check the Congressional voting record again.

www.senate.gov
www.house.gov

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Affirmative Reaction,

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very very very much for speaking these words and forwarding Gazz's message!!

ROCK ON!!!

It is my humble pleasure....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

You're opinion that it is a celf centered war, although it's an invalid opinion. It's an action that will benefit all who support freedom from terror, even you who do not support us. I do not reqire your support, and the fact that you do not offer it makes absolutly no difference to me what so ever.

There ARE weapons, as is evidenced by the IED found with 3 to 4 litres of Sarin. The rest are yet to be discovered. There is no lie, except fo the one where you say only Kerry and Kennedy supported the armed intervention in Iraq. Check the Congressional voting record again.

www.senate.gov
www.house.gov

Excuse me? How dare you say my opinion is invalid! You're just some braindead grunt who follows orders, you deserve everything those civilians are throwing back at you.

You mindless moron! You sit back and you think that this war is benefitting those who support freedom but does nothing except create more recruits for suicide bombers.

When the next terrorist attack comes and many die then it is on your heads.

3-4 Litres? Are you drunk? There was nothing more than a capful inside that shell, 3-4litres would kill hundreds of people and form a chemical cloud.

You are a mindless pig, rot in hell.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Excuse me? How dare you say my opinion is invalid! You're just some braindead grunt who follows orders, you deserve everything those civilians are throwing back at you.

Actually, I'm not a "grunt" at all, although I use the term "grunt" as a compliment for what it is, a ground soldier, while you use it as a derogatory moniker. I am actually a well educated member of the armed forces, proud of my service, unlike you, who sits back on your heels, knowing nothing of how the world really works, bitching about everything and everyone. Try getting out there and doing something about what you believe in, and maybe someone will have some respect for you for a change.

When the next terrorist attack comes and many die then it is on your heads.

Actually, it will be on the heads of the terrorists that commit the act, and the idiots like you who do nothing to stop them because you think the way to stop a terrorist is to give him what he wants and then apologize for forcing him to be a murdering piece of trash because we don't have the same religious beliefs as he does.

3-4 Litres? Are you drunk? There was nothing more than a capful inside that shell, 3-4litres would kill hundreds of people and form a chemical cloud.

Again, get off your duff and actually do a little research before you make a fool out of yourself by coming off with your moronic drivel....

Tests Confirm Sarin in Iraqi Artillery Shell
www.iraq.net...

Sarin: 'A drop will kill you'
www.news24.com...

Just a couple of links to get you started on your search, should you choose to educate yourself instead of embarrassing yourself.

You are a mindless pig, rot in hell.

Nice, real nice. Should I remind you that you are not in the Mud Pit here? But hey, you show your true colors with mindless remarks such as these. You invalidate yourself....

Sure got a rise out of him, didn't I? Classic sign of someone trying to cover themselves on a baseless conviction.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Report on Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq:

Min = 9148
Max = 11005

What have we gotten out of this war that justifies 10,000 dead? The ability for you to walk down the street thinking theres no more terrorism? Well guess what, there is. So maybe we did it for oil, i mean thats still plundering but we white people still get a bit better quality of life... nope... oil hits highest prices, 2 bucks a gallon.
So maybe we did it to free an oppressed people, you know, one we sold weapons to in the first place, but we dont really care about Iran or North Korea, Idi Amin was a fun guy and Pol Pot was just another gook. Selfish war breeds selfless killers. You contribute to terrorism by fighting.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You contribute to terrorism by fighting.

Now thats an interesting stance! And thought provoking. Should take that to the mud pit!!

Is all I am going to say on this thread about it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Report on Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq:

Min = 9148
Max = 11005

Selfish war breeds selfless killers. You contribute to terrorism by fighting.

Nice numbers. Where did you get them? How about a link to something sometime? I give proof of what I post, how about the same from you? All we have gotten from you is your opinion, quoted as fact. How many times do people have to be told that it isn't a fact just because you say it's so, and yelling it louder and saying it over and over doesn't make it so???

We contribute to terrorism by fighting it? What kind of a whacko statement is that? Wehat should we do, roll over and capitulate? That's the most moronic thing you have posted so far. We KILL terrorism by fighting it, by KILLING THEM before they KILL US! Tell me, if someone comes in your home with a bomb and says they are going to blow you up because you are an infidel, do you say, "Sorry that I'm an infidel, please don't kill me" and lay down in front of them?

well, sand people don't. They fight with all they have, and will kill to save themselves and those they love.

You contribute for terrorism by apologizing for them....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.iraqbodycount.com
www.mykeru.com...

Deaths per point for the 9 point jump in George Bush's poll numbers resulting from the war: 1200

Profits on each death for the $600 million Haliburton reconstruction contract: $55,000

Number of hours George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Pearle and Karl Rove served in combat (combined): 0

Fighting a war on terror is laughable, its unwinnable, terrorism is a frame of mind, you'll never win because you'll have to exterminate millions, and the more you kill the more you anger, breeding terrorism.

Ever thrown water on greek fire?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

www.iraqbodycount.com
www.mykeru.com...

Profits on each death for the $600 million Haliburton reconstruction contract: $55,000

Fighting a war on terror is laughable, its unwinnable, terrorism is a frame of mind, you'll never win because you'll have to exterminate millions, and the more you kill the more you anger, breeding terrorism.

Come on, I said INFORMATION!!!! A link to a REAL web site, not a leftist anti-Bush site that pulls it's numbers out of it's rectum like you do! But hey, I sure got a laugh when I opened it. I'll give you a bit of credit though, at least you didn't link to whatreallyhappened.com.

Here's something you need to know about Haliburton and it's subsidiaries. They specialize in war zone support. Nobody else does it like they do, or has the infrastructure that they do. That's why the get the contracts. If we gave many little companies the contracts, the war would cost many times more.

In addition, Haliburton has been around for many years, long before Cheney did his short stint with them, doing what they do best. They would still get them if he had never been associated with them, because they are the ones who can pull it off.

Winning the war on terrorism IS impossible, but only if we do what YOU advocate, which is laying down and doing nothing. No THAT is REALLY stupid...

Come up with some real info if you want to be taken seriously....

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
MessedUpAnnie, who thinks it�s still about soldiers not have a choice. Wrong, we chose, and are proud of the choice.

Exactly, you had a choice .. which is what I stated in the first place. And you're proud of that choice. That's great for you.

Now don't get me wrong, I DO care about the fact that you guys are out there risking your lives for this war. Especially because all this war is doing is creating more terrorism. I see most of you as pawns in a really sick, sad game.

I mean think about it logically Affirmative Reaction (I'm assuming here that you are logical and could actually get a job elsewhere without the military being your only option) ... how are you stopping terrorism? How is all of your fighting going to end terrorism? So you caught a few bad guys, true, but you just created about 50 new ones in doing so! And look at the children that will grow up and hate America! They too will be suicide bombers! Can you see that?

War does not create peace! Can you understand how that works? War does not end terrorism, it only breeds new terrorists! Can you understand this line of reasoning??

Anyway, good luck .. stay safe. This isn't my war, glad we stayed the hell out of it, especially after all that's been coming out lately.

Proud of your choices indeed, I wonder if Rumsfeld is still saying the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join