It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is not about support of the war, It is not about a scandal, It is not about points or replies.

This message is for the young men and women at war at this very moment and those brave ones who may face this war in person in the weeks, months and years ahead.

I know there are many bitching and whining about this war, (myself included) for many reasons and are so busy criticizing the tactics and politics, as well as the reason for this war.

There are others who are hard and firm in their support for this war.

This is not about them.. it is about YOU those in the Military who will have to face this evil enemy in the War On Terrorism.

I know in my heart and soul now that you are facing this war with pride, and most of you are ready to take the fight to the enemy for all of us. Including the armchair generals at home who think they know the best way to fight this war.

I wish I could shake your hands, and salute you as it is YOU who will go face this evil for me, my children, my neighbors and my country.

I see all of these young faces, and my heart breaks for you, for you are sacrificing so much to defend us. You are facing this in spite of all that you may miss out on or leave behind.. and you face a danger that would send most of us into a fit of panic.. all while keeping a smile on your faces... simply awesome!

I have been guilty of being critical of this war, talking about shame on our nation resulting from the actions of a few... Yet I have had time to reflect on all of this... and through my nephew who is now in the Army and soon will be in Iraq I have been able to see the real reality of this war... a reality so many have forgotten or just avoided.

You are the pride of our nations, you are us, and we are with you. We may not all agree with this war. But I for one support the young men and women in the military.. may God bless them all.

To you who will defend us I want you to remember these words... I am filled with pride when I see you even if I am not happy about war. You stand proud, Kick some A$$ and come back home.. we're gonna have a huge party!

And I want to say this,

THANK YOU!

Gazz

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Send em a plane ticket home, they'll appreciate it more than that note.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Send em a plane ticket home, they'll appreciate it more than that note.

Send them a plane ticket home?

Come on man.. you can do better than that.. as if they have a choise.. I dare you to read my latest blog entry.

I am sorry if I seem a bit emotional here .. I am!

Look I know this is not a popular war.. and we have reasons to think that way.. But dammit we are sending our kids to fight this war... and at least we could offer them thanks or let them know that we care about them.

They are the ones who face this sh__ not us... we can sit here at our keyboards and make one liners all day.. and we can make this war seem trivial to everyone.. But until you know this on a personal level it is just wrong.. sorry nerdling I expected more than this crap.

But I guess I should have saved this message for someone who cares.. someone who cares about these young men and women who face this world of sh__ that we have helped create.. it is their future they are fighting for not ours.

Dammit show them some respect.. some of them did not know what they were getting into.. and now they have to go.... a plane ticket back home?.. If I could I would but I think anyone with half a brain knows that is not possible.

Gazz

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not my kids
Not my war
Not my concern

Not in my name.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Your welcome. Now vote Kerry so this never happens again.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Spain sent their kids home. Just magnify those tickets by several thousand.

Anyway, I do support the troops, but I wish they and their targets weren't armed so that further killing could not continue.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Generals gathered in there masses just like witches at black masses ....evil minds that plot destruction ....sorcerers of deaths construction...in the fields the bodies burning...as the war machine keeps turning.....death and hatred to mankind ......poisoning there brain washed minds....OH LORD YEAH.!!!!
THANK YOU OZZY OSBOURNE FOR THOSE WORDS THAT RIGHTLY EXPRESS THIS WAR.

YEAH I FEEL BAD FOR THOSE PEOPLE OVER THERE ....I FEEL BAD FOR EVERYONE ON THE PLANET...I KNOW SOME SOLDIERS PERSONALLY AND THERE BEING USED AS CANNON FODDER TO FORWARD THE PLANS OF THE GLOBAL ELITE AND IF THE PRESIDENT STOOD UP TO THOSE ELITISTS AND STOPPED THE WAR THEYD CUT HIS HEAD RIGHT OFF!!!
HE WOULDNT DO THAT ANY WAY..........

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Its time for a monumental "i told you so" from the left wing but that would be in bad taste.

Still, sucks to taste.

We told you so.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What a post full of BULL#.

I read the first two lines and just clicked on the reply button because I couldn't read more of that BULL#.

The only thing you know is what the Media is telling the American people.

I've had friends who went to Iraq and they've come back and they told me point blank that they are fighting for THEMSELVES.

They are not fighting for the America's security- because that is bull#.

They are not fighting for the "liberation of Iraq" - because that is bull#.

They are not fighting a War on Terror- because that is bull#.

Once that first bullet whizzes by, politics and everything along with it goes out the window.

Those people are fighting for themselves as they should be.

You want to fight for our freedom? Why don't you start HERE.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Forgive me everyone, forgive me for putting yet another human face on this war.

Everyone is too busy looking at the images of those poor Iraqis, naked and being forced to commit lude acts.

I am sorry that I was so stupid to think that we'd give a damn about our own.

Yeah, they are all Bush's bad boys.... yet that is just it.. they are boys.. and girls.. and they are our own.

Like it or not, support the war or not.. they are a part of each and every one of us.

I pray you never have a loved one as I that will face this war.. but then again you may know why if you did.

Why I am now willing to thank them because they deserve it.. because I am proud of the people I call my fellow country men and women.

I want this war to end as much as anyone else does.. But there are other victims here... and those are our own.. they face this reality everyday in Iraq, Afghanistan, and who knows where next.

They deserve thanks and praise.. they are not all the ones we have seen at the Iraqi prison... many of them are good people.. many of them you would be happy to call neighbor.

We can't change the war. we can debate it and we can talk all day into the night.. it will not change the fact that we are sending our sons daughters, and nephews or any of our neighbors to face this while we debate it.

I do not believe we should be there.. I think nothing good comes from war.. But we are there and the enemy is growing.. who's fault is that? ... should we just sit and wait for a terrorist attack? Then act with military force but only while emotions are high enough to support it?

I am sorry for this.. I am sorry that we have forgotten our own.. and I am sorry that it will take yet another attack like 9/11/01 to wake everyone up to the fact that our children have been fighting for us while we bitch about it and call them animals.

We should choose a side and stick to it... If you feel sorry for the terrorists ... Then I can respect that.. but stick to it when we are attacked again.

These muslim radicals will attack again.. they will not die in this war... and we could have said we did nothing.. I for one am now proud that at least we are showing them we will not lay down and die for you, we will not live in fear, we will come after you, and we wont give up. and WE WILL NOT BE CONVERTED TO ISLAM.

Or I guess we could just give in to politics and come back home, get out the duct tape and plastic and live in fear while waiting for the next attack.

Gazz

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The war on terrorism is doing nothing but breeding killers for more terrorism. The children there will grow up hating America and continue to do suicide bombs like 9/11.

While I appreciate what you're saying, last time I checked they still had a choice.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
These muslim radicals will attack again.. they will not die in this war... and we could have said we did nothing.. I for one am now proud that at least we are showing them we will not lay down and die for you, we will not live in fear, we will come after you, and we wont give up. and WE WILL NOT BE CONVERTED TO ISLAM.
Gazz
The U.S. just flattened two Muslim countries in less than two years. If that didn't already send a clear message then I don't know what would. Obviously muslims could never take over the rest of the world if their countries are so weak as to be taken out almost immediately. Much like the Iraq invasion proved, the threat of muslim extremist terrorism is highly exaggerated.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Gazz

And we will not be converted to Christianity.

Your whole post is out of desparation and ignorance.

People still act like America wouldn't destroy two buildings and force a whole country into a war that has no ending or no light at the end of the tunnel.

If we want to fight a War on Terror we have to start in America and in the White House because the White House is the front for Christian terrorism and onward Christian soldiers.

If your so proud of the troops and what they are doing over there why don't you go to an Army store near you, sign up, train up, and go to Iraq and help in their "cause". Do it. I bet you won't.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Not to offend anyone but, I feel that if the U.S. stopped trying to make every other country be the way the U.S. wants it half of our problems would not exist. Meanwhile our own country rots from the inside out, but wait..........lets be politically correct and help all of the other counties but say screw our own.
We too have our problems and our problems will never be resolved, but rest assure....they will get worse. All the money that we waist on rebuilding and bombing and rebuiling yet again coud be used to help our own far more than you could imagine.
Even though I dont support this war at all, I do however have a great deal of respect for the ones fighting it and I can only hope that they all remain safe.
No matter how big a military force that a country may have, it can be broken down very rapidly by a bunch of small militant groups such as "the terrorists groups" because they posses something that we do not........element of suprise.

Sorry about the spelling and I hope that I didnt offend anyone. Just my 2 cents.....

Q

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Way to go for trying to say something good for our boys & girls over there, Gazz!

Too bad there are people with nothing better to do with their time than flame you for doing it.
Yes, it's true that they're over there fighting for their own lives, but remember they're doing it for your lives too!

For those of you actually interested in helping our servicefolk get tickets home for holidays, etc, please check out
let's bring 'em home
This is a legitimate charity that helps buy tickets for servicemembers who couldn't otherwise afford them when they have leave time. Unfortunately, the military doesn't cover airfare from Iraq, etc. for home visits.
Anyway, the point is that this charity is entirely funded by donations. Anything helps...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Fair enough they are doing their job, but when you join the army of a counry like the USA you know your gonna be fighting some un-just causes. I have always wanted to be in the army, but i just dont agree with the wars my country fights. and i'm not willing to go out and kill someone i dont know just for someone elses gain. If i was a merc getting paid $9000 a week... that would change the story

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Radical Islamists were the ones to bring down the WTC, and they are probably laughing their butts off with the bickering and wild theories some people are claiming that the U.S government was behind it...

Did the Islamic extremist not commit a terrorist act in 3/11 in Spain? Didn't the Spanish police surround several Islamic extremists who blew themselves up as they were chanting in Arabic?

Now, are you going to say those acts in Spain were also done by the U.S government?

Terrorism does exist and they are a threat to the whole world, more so because Islamic extremists want the world to be dominated by Islam and they are willing to kill themselves trying to do this or kill as many infidels, as those who do not believe in islam are called, as they can.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Umazz, you may have just nailed it....our troops should be seen as victims.

"I want this war to end as much as anyone else does.. But there are other victims here... and those are our own.. they face this reality everyday in Iraq, Afghanistan, and who knows where next. "

what serves a victim better, thanks & praise or justice???

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Gazz,
Your post moved me to tears. I would have replied last night, but I wanted to try and reply as unemotionally as possible.
Most of us don't like this war. It's a sorry mess. Many of us (myself included) don't like Bush's foreign policy objectives. That's one issue. BUT, we should never confuse our dislike or disgust with this war with the vast majority of young people (and not so young people) who are fighting the war. Even those who committed outrages, I suspect, were following orders from "on high". That doesn't excuse them, but I hate the idea of focussing our hatred of this war on those poor young people fighting the war.
I came of age during Viet Nam. I saw this country totally divided. Sadly, I also saw how many who opposed the war confused the soldiers (who were basically victims themselves) with the hated war effort.
Now, I'm middle-aged and, in some weird way, reliving those long ago days when I protested Viet Nam. Yes, I was a protestor. I felt the war was unjust and I didn't want to see any more needless deaths. I lost a few of my friends in that war and it's a pain that still gnaws at me. I protested, then, because I didn't want to see anymore needless killing.
I am older now and I have made up my mind to NEVER confuse my objections to policy or the administration with the men and women who are in harm's way.
So, thanks, Gazz, for a touching and well-needed post.
Joey

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Radical Islamists were the ones to bring down the WTC,

were they.???

Did the Islamic extremist not commit a terrorist act in 3/11 in Spain? Didn't the Spanish police surround several Islamic extremists who blew themselves up as they were chanting in Arabic?

is that a fact...??? is that what the mainstream media told you.....there is certainly no spin or propaganda there......

Now, are you going to say those acts in Spain were also done by the U.S government?

no ...just might say the CIA/Mossad ...who are above every law of the government....

Terrorism does exist and they are a threat to the whole world, more so because Islamic extremists want the world to be dominated by Islam and they are willing to kill themselves trying to do this or kill as many infidels

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Muaddib]

and why does terrorism exist.....just some crazy arabs who like to kill ...right.???
No..... They exist because of the Balfour declaration ....Balfour was an agent of the house of Rothschild ....when you create a nation of people in the middle of tribes of arabs and "theese people who 99 percent of have no ancestory that ties them to that country " what do you expect ???....peace ????.....when the early settlers committed atrocities and land grabs against palestinians who supported them ..???
The united states and Britain....

we created the extremism ..........being pawns of the global elite and global bankers who continue to forward a plan of the most sinister of nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join