It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be An Actual Color Photo Of One Of The Roswell Aliens? [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Over the years I thought I had seen all the alien photos floating around on the internet...but I had never seen this one before. Odd that it would surface at this point in time, what with all the talk of disclosure going on.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/25/2009 by MissSmartypants]

MOD EDIT: Hoax tag added. Please note, the alien in question is identified as a prop later in the thread, complete with supporting information.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Vid says embeddings tuned off, but looking at it, isnt it the one with the army guy behind bending over the burned body with arms spread (chubby guy with black hair).

I believe its a prop from that movie with Martin Sheen in it where he play a seedy guy who strings along an investigator about the Roswell crash, its one of the background alien props if I remember. You can see it in the background during the autopsy flash backs If I remeber... i think i got it still on tape but ill be damned if im gonna wade through 150 poorly labeled tapes to find it

Could be wrong... but thats what my brains telling me on first glance. more than likely a promotional shot or something along those lines for that film.

This one...

Roswell (1994)

Good film actually, doesnt answer much but sticks fairly close to the probable truth. When i first read the title of the thread I thought for a second it was gonna be the pic of the alien with the visibly twisted neck... always thought that ones possibly genuine.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I don't know but you can just click on the link now to view the video. Give it a look and see what you think.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
S&F

Looks very interesting, and a video (pic) I had not seen before. Good find.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Strange how the inside of the alien is yellow and looks exactly like burnt expanding foam.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I don't know but you can just click on the link now to view the video. Give it a look and see what you think.

yep its the one I was thinking of, although why they dont show the entire picture is odd, ie the army guy in the background
Guess if you remove anything that can be identified you can get away with alot... they dont count on people who've seen a shed load of alien pics over the last 15 years, or who watch alot of TV

Whats funny is they say basically get your beliefs from first hand testimonies rather than CGi vids and they use a pic from a damn film

I shake my head some days thinking about the UFO community.

heres the actual image...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, my first reaction was "well if it's on Youtube then it's probably fake".

Having watched the video, I think that my first reaction was correct.

It's like all the other videos/photos which purport to show aliens and manage to be just too ambigeous, blurred, poorly taken, badly positioned, ill-conceived, stereotypical etc...

Regards

edit: corrected grammar

[edit on 25/10/2009 by paraphi]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The look on the guys face gives it away IMHO. He looks like hes joking around to me. Just because the alien body looks believable, doesn't mean it real. I think this was a picture for that guys coffee table, taken with a movie prop, great conversation piece.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Bingo here we go, I knew I was right

Paul Davids

Paul Davids 2

its just a movie prop guys...

Also this is also from the 1994 'Roswel' movie, since its either a replica or the actual model of the alien that touches the nurses hand during the autopsy flashback scene, I recognize the hand design... i think im gonna see if i can pull that tape out and watch it again, im feelin nostalgic.

Edit:- Damn the first link didnt work so removed it, basicly had a few pics of the guy Paul Davids along with the alien one captioned with 'Paul Davids plays a military officer in 'Roswell' etc.

Edit2:- Fixed the original link that was brocken...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

(In regards to the linked-to photo above) What have they got intravenous bags/lines around a bunch of looks-to-be-dead aliens?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well the crash occured in 1947.....at that time to my knowledge they didnt have color film, only black and white...so this has to be fake unless someone can prove that the government had color film back then before the movie studios did.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

thats not even close to whats in the video
whats in the video looks very real and so do the tissues and injuries

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Well the crash occured in 1947.....at that time to my knowledge they didnt have color film, only black and white...so this has to be fake unless someone can prove that the government had color film back then before the movie studios did.

Sorry to tell you this, but colour film in photography AND motion pictures has been around a heck of a lot longer than you think it to be. There are colour pictures from the early 1900s using early processing techniques. Have a google around and you will see genuine colour photographs (not hand-painted/tinted) from the First World War. In the movie industry, does Gone with the wind (1939) and The Wizard of Oz (1939) ring any bells? Going further back, how about that 1930 clip of the Marx Brothers that's been floating around on YouTube - www.youtube.com... ...or how about this Technicolor movie from 1929 (filmed 1928) - www.youtube.com...

So many other examples too. Colour was definitely around, it was just more expensive to make.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

thats not even close to whats in the video
whats in the video looks very real and so do the tissues and injuries

Ummm... your kidding right? hey im no hardline skeptic but I point out reality when I recognize it, the OP's vid shows a cropped version of an image showing Paul Davids standing over a prop for the film "Roswell"... if you cant take that as fact then I dont dont know what to think. Theres a reason you never see the entire photo in the vid...

Its to stop people who've never seen the image before (and its a damn old image since I saw it a good 11 years ago) from doing a little internet research and coming up with the facts.

Although i think its just a troll attempt on your part and this will be my only response to it.

This vid is nothing, pure and simple... but ignore my posts people and continue to talk about it as if it was a real, new amazing UFO alien photo find that will blow your mind and the community to pieces. Not my place to force people to shift back into reality.

Edit:- I apologize for semi ranting there, but as they say 'deny ignorance'

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

So, are you saying that this

it's not the same as this?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The image is too new, colors and detail appear similar to that of about a 5mp digital camera. Also note the shoulder patch... colorful w/alien head like you find at various UFO museums and displays.

If this was being presented as something a little more recent, I might be tempted to look for ways for it to work. But 1947? Not a chance. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well at least if they're gonna fake a video they didn't make something scream and jump at you in the end!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

The same alien is on this photograph:

www.shadowmillproductions.com...

and it's a movie prop

The vid on YouTube is there for quite some time. I noticed it about 3 years ago.

TIP: REAL alienpics would be deleted quite soon
Let's NOT forget that who ever wants to keep stuff like this secret are out everywhere on web.

This topic actually was posted on ATS before:

posted on 12/21/2008 @ 19:13
dead mutilated Grey alien from Roswell crash

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Odd that it would surface at this point in time, what with all the talk of disclosure going on.[quote/]

Uh, yeah. Hate to break it to you but there is ALWAYS baseless and ridiculous talk of "disclosure" going on here. All the time. So the present talk is nothing special. Although the more people perceive discussion about disclosure the more they are likely to connect anything they find to it, feeding their own inner beast per say.

As far as this picture goes, who's to say. I am on the fake side for sure, it looks fake to me. But it is easy for some to counter my point by asking if I know what an alien is supposed to look like. Well, ya got me there, I don't But I do know what plastic, latex and many other common mold making and special effects products look like

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

heres the actual image...

The way that guy is posing tells me its an obvious fake.
What a freakin poser.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Alxandro]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join