It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany to U.S.: Take Away Your Nukes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

revolve, nationalism, like it or not, still exists. Flags still mean something, as much as you'd like it to or not. Over the top nationalism and looking out for and celebrating accomplishments of countrymen are two different things.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by K-Raz

Not if they are the actual numbers. A per capita number would not be precise, the ones Slayer posted are.

Those are the ammount of deaths by country suffered thus far, how is that not accurate?

~Keeper

IT is, I'm just surprised seeing denmark ranked so high on the list since we're a pretty tiny country.

Don't really know why we're in this fight though...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
as far as GDR troops serving 'support' in Afghanistan....

GDR? German Democratic Republic? (DDR) You know that was the villainous Commie side, eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"Stick it to the US" is a thoughtless phrase. Without the US, Europe would be speaking German. Without the US, post WW2, all of Germany would have been part of the Soviet buffer zone. Read a little history sometime and you may also discover something called the Marshall Plan. Check on who funded the plan and what it did for Europe.
It may well be time for the US to leave Germany, especially if Germany wishes to become more independent. It will certainly save the US money and the US could certainly use it.
As to the number of nukes in Germany, it is anyone's guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, speech to Joint Session of the US Congress, 20th February 1985.
11.00 hrs-11.50 hrs.

Quote.

Do not doubt the firmness of our resolve in this march towards this goal, but do not underestimate what we already do. Today, out of the forces of the Alliance in Europe, 95%; of the divisions, 85%; of the tanks, 80%; of the combat aircraft, and 70%; of the fighting ships are provided, manned and paid for by the European Allies (applause) and Europe has more than three million men under arms and more still in reserve. We have to. We are right in the front line. The frontier of freedom cuts across our continent. Members of Congress, the defence of that frontier is as vital to you as it is to us (applause).

Thatcher Foundation

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
I wouldn't mind uk pulling out of Germany too, and NATO for that matter. US and UK seem to be doing all the donkey work in places like afganistan anyway, we could have our own Anglo-American force, hell, let's just team up with the rest of the English speaking nations and screw the rest. After all we have more in common with each other than say we do in the uk and those garlic eating, sausage guzzling ungreatfull European mainlanders who owe both our countries soo very much!

KEN! Im surprised at you! Who wanted to unite all the German speaking people and screw everyone else?! That is such an unfair generalisation I dont know..!!

And besides, the boxhead kraughts bombed my nana, on my moms side, and wiped nearly all of nanas family on my dads in deathcamps..

Never forgotten

The hell!! Germans are not all Nazis!! Nazis killed my relatives and occupied my country!! And I dont hold modern Germans who werent even ALIVE then responsible!!!
Wheres your regular sensibility at?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
I think the german's should remember history and be careful about which way they want to go in the future.

I think the Germans should just take the nukes - and nuke Zurich and Geneva - actually they have 20, so you can add London and the Vatican as well. Should stitch it up nicely.

After that - leave the EU entirely - Germany is paying for everyone - it should pull out, then the EU would most likely dissolve overnight.

Regardless - this news is meaningless - the nukes don't really matter, the NWO doesn't need them there. They will probably be moved. There seems a little resistance to the NWO in the German leadership - but not much - they will do what they are told.

And - good luck on getting rid of US bases in the EU - there are still some unsettled elements - and the NWO can always rely on US soldiers to do anything they are told without thinking - so they will remain.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"Stick it to the US" is a thoughtless phrase. Without the US, Europe would be speaking German. Without the US, post WW2, all of Germany would have been part of the Soviet buffer zone. Read a little history sometime and you may also discover something called the Marshall Plan. Check on who funded the plan and what it did for Europe.
It may well be time for the US to leave Germany, especially if Germany wishes to become more independent. It will certainly save the US money and the US could certainly use it.
As to the number of nukes in Germany, it is anyone's guess.

Without the funding for Hitler from the US - there would never have been a WWII. Do some history yourself - and this time use real evidence, not NWO propaganda.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Heads Up

The topic of this thread is "German Army to U.S: Take Away Your Nukes" and not "Lets have a Territorial Peeing contest more befitting to a school playground"

So lets get back on the topic, can the rhetoric, and have a civilised discussion shall we?

Thanks in advance.

[edit on 26/10/09 by neformore]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
How would anyone outside of the US and German Governments know if there are still nukes in Germany now? What types of nukes would be removed if there were nukes there?

This demand could be entirely staged for political reasons and, were the US to box up some bricks and make a show of flying them home, how would that change the real situation? The only way to ensure that there are no foreign nuclear weapons in Germany is to close all the bases of nuclear capable nations.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was under the impression that the USAF crew stay on base and hardly venture out (in the UK anyway)They have there own shops,recreation
areas ect.

I might be wrong,perhaps in Germany they leave base and spend their money out of base?

I think all allied troops should pull out of Germany,the 2nd world war was a long time ago and the German army and airforce is easily good enough to protect that part of the world from nearly any foreign force

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes but we didn't have any terrorist attacks on our country. We were only suppose to be there until this year and then Harper bowed down to Bush and extended the mission. Canadians support our troops and we want them home. My sisters live in Petawawa, Ontario and see first hand the damage it's causing to our communities.

130 lives isn't a trivial matter either. We shed those lives for you(US) and you concentrate all your forces in Iraq. Making a war last years longer than it needed to.

Back on topic. Europe is more than capable of handling itself plus the big players in the East know that the US has both land based and sea based ICBMs more than capable of destroying them. Get rid of the low-yield tactical nukes, nobody would seriously use them anyway!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

yes that is true, US and Marshall Plan, but all this was also done by US government to create a very big after market for US goods and economy ... it really was not by compassion for the poor european people ... the period after that was a boom for US economy, well seen !!!
I hear also Belgian government wants the nukes away ... have to look for it on internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
we must always keep in mind that Germany is a Nation who suffered alot and was defeated put on its knees twice, so much pain we cannot expect it to vanish away since we now have internet, mobile phones and plasma TV's....the pain is real...and once you feel strong again anything can happens

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think this is part of a natural evolution. The US can no longer afford to maintain such a huge military presence around the world. They've been in Germany 64 years now.

Germany is moving closer to Russia. Apart from proximity there's the oil and gas dependency. Russia historically has see Germany as a threat accounting for the buffer it imposed on adjacent countries.

While there could be conflict btween the two countries, Germany is declawed militarily. But economically it's powerful. My surmise is both countries see the benefit of co-operation - for now.

Germany still has more in common with the US on most levels. They share a standard of living among other things, as well as approach to emerging poor but resource rich nations and their regimes.

So we'll see where this all goes. Will Europe distance itself from the US? starting to look like it.

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

And besides, the boxhead kraughts bombed my nana, on my moms side, and wiped nearly all of nanas family on my dads in deathcamps..

Never forgotten

I'll be sure to tell my Afghan neighbour that it's ok what you guys did to his family then, since you appear to be quite familiar with the agony of war an 'all. Never forgotten, yeah right, you're such a hypocrit. It was forgotten the moment it was decided to invade another country at will just like the Germans did in WWII. It might not be with the intent to conquer the world, but it's an invasion just the same. Innocent people die every day.

Somehow it pains me to see how a perfectly reasonable OP has turned into a hateful thread of US vs EU once again.

I mean, the post was about the Germans rightfully commenting on what happens on THEIR soil. It doesn't matter what others think, it's their country.

What would you US people think if Iraq stationed troops and nukes on your soil, after your attempt to conquer te Middle East has failed?

In a few years a century will have passed since WWII. And that was only some 70 years after the US civil war ended, but are you still being judged as a people who fought for the right keep slaves and other such crap? I didn't think so.

You won't go back to keeping slaves... The Germans won't try to take over the World again...
Get over it already.

Just take your troops and your nukes out, nobody in Europe cares.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
After seeing the war mongering Bush admin. I think most Americans would love to let the world defend itself and bring our money and troops home from around the world.

If we are the giant I think most of us would like to see us go back to sleep. Most of us do not think like our malevolent government so please try not to hate. We have little say these days. Our government thinks it is smarter than the will of the people. America is lost.

We should bring it all home including the Nukes.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mokoman

I doubt that you speak for all of Europe.

I think that the US should pull its frontline combat troops out as Europe can readily defend itself and the US should not waste funds or effort in a redundant activity. I would expect that the US would try to keep forward bases of some sort, perhaps commmunications hubs and medical facilities, as the military structure of the world undergoes the transition toward its next embodiment.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The US is heavily 'invested' in Germany. We spent billions during the Cold War taking steps to bleed any Soviet attack that may pour through the Fulda Gap.

That included nuclear warheads.

We were heavily outnumbered there, and those tactical nukes were designed to plug the bottlenecks created by terrain that would dictate Soviet lines of approach.

As long as we have troops there, we should have the means to protect them.

Now I have no problem pulling completely out of Europe, but until we do, we will have the necessary means for our own self-defense.

Nukes and all.

And their presence has worked.

So far.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by dooper]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
Denmark has under 6 million people, these numbers mean nothing unless done pr. capita.

You are cherry picking. Slayers point was that the US has by in large been the one who has foot most of the bill, and has had the greatest loss of life...Those are facts, im sorry if you cannot bring yourself to accept it.

I believe he was responding to someone (maybe you) who was teetering on the point that Canada was doing more and suffering more than the US.

We've all suffered great losses during this trying moment in our history... Lets save the pissing contest for another day. Ok?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join