It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany to U.S.: Take Away Your Nukes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[

kx

You know I'm so for the US pulling out of NATO and Europe as a whole that I won't even bother pointing out all the mistakes and falsehood in that.

And just agree.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

if you think my understanding is wrong plz give me some pointers if you have time
kx

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
reply to post by john124

I think the native Americans should do that as well, and kick you guys out as well.

How you managed to spin this into something about Nazism/WW2 liberation is beyond me

That reminds me of a stupid sign I saw at a protest years ago. It said, in big, bold letters "US OUT OF THE UNITED STATES!"

Pray tell, WHY would us "native Americans" (I've made my thoughts on hyphenated Americans known in other threads - and Graham Greene concurs) want to weaken our country further? You DO realize that we're ALL included in the phrase "the common defense", don't you?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No hablo español

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2a0227b44e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

I don't know WHY we still have a presence in Europe.

Oh.

That's right.

The first time we cleaned up your mess and went home, we had to come back and do it again.

The logic is that if we wait long enough, the SWHTF again, and this time, we'll already have troops to take care of the problem quickly, unlike the pacifist Chamberlain and Dildolier who waited for years until it got out of hand.

This time, it's truly going to be an Islamic Holy War fought in Europe, and we don't need to get into that one.

Be something to watch, though.

A disarmed Europe, an armed, fanatical group of Muslims with one goal.

And our nukes and our troops should leave you to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah .... byeeeeeee !!!! Door's over there, mate.

Don't forget your coat. Ching ching. Thanks for all the fish.

Send us a postcard !

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
But what about Russia and China without us having nuclear weapons they wouldn't give a s%$# about invading our country

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Don't worry.

When it starts again over there, unlike the first two times, me and mine aren't participating.

And money won't have anything to do with it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
reply to post by SLAYER69

No hablo español

As a matter of fact I can habla español [Not very well]

The illegals that come here better follow our laws if they don't they get a free ride to jail or better yet a ticket back home to their country.
You're point?

Some of the finer points:
Sharia Law Europe

In Germany, for example, Muslim men have successfully used the Sharia law in court to defend their right to beat their wives and to practice polygamy.

Illegal or not If they tried that crap here they'd get their butts thrown in Jail.

In United Kingdom, where Islamic imams now outnumber Christian pastors and converting empty church buildings into mosques has become a cottage industry, the Archbishop of Canterbury - the leader of the Church of England - recently stated that adopting elements of the Sharia law into the English judicial system was “unavoidable”.

They got overwhelmed before they knew what happened.

In France, home to an estimated 14 million Muslims, including 9 million illegal immigrants, the government no longer controls the banlieus, the densely-populated, predominantly Muslim ghettos that encircle most major French cities.

France.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Again people jump to conclusions. Just cause they odn't want our nukes isn't an excuse to just tell them to go to hell all together. Your solution isn't diplomatic.

Sorry, Keeper, I'm with Dooper on this one. In for a penny, in for a pound. One of my biggest gripes on this planet is the way folks will ask me to do something, then proceed to tell me how to do it. If they want to dictate methodology to me, they can just do it themselves. Far simpler and more efficient that way.

I can always hop in my truck and go fishing, rather than have someone hovering over me trying to micromanage. It's an annoyance to me, an annoyance to them, and highly inefficient. NOT redundant, just inefficient. They want it done their way, they can do it.

That keeps superfluous cooks out of the kitchen.

And I can get my fishing time in.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by dooper

I think what people fail to realize is that the revenue to the local economies is not just from "Leases" but from all the other support for the bases provided by the surrounding local economy such as food, electricity, fuel and not to mention Service members on leave spending their pay locally etc. Throw those figures into the equation. It's a hell of a lot more to local economies than they realize.

Just ask some areas in the Philippines and Japan after we left how they like it now. I say let's pull out.

I'm serious. Then if the need ever arises again for our help we should think long and hard about going back.

Why even think about it? There's fish to be caught, bro, figuratively speaking. We have other things we could be doing with our time and resources.

I learned a long time ago that if you let up when they holler "uncle!" that just teaches folks how to get out of binds, so they can do you the same way again later.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

When i was stationed in 'west' Germany, there were nothing like Thousands of 'Atomic Demolition Devices' on German soil.

since that time i would reckon the older 'Atomic Demolition' devices were upgraded to mini or low yield nukes... none of these are 'bombs'

ADM Platoons (atomic-demolition-munitions) were 'attached' to base units, in my familiar case it was a combat engineer unit near Nuremburg, where also a former Sec. of State grew up...(errr; Kissinger)

Ironic isn't it...the engineers built bridges & the ADM job
was to blow them up, living side-by-side in the same small Kaserns (bases)

That's one of the Prime Ribs for the anti-nukers. They mention "thousands upon thousands" of nukes, and conveniently neglect to mention that the vast majority of them are ADMs and Arty shells, all extra low yield as far as nukes go.

The inference that is supposed to be drawn by this "information" is that we can kill "all life 8 times over" (as if anything can be killed twice, much less 8 times!) and that we're "all gonna die!" if we don't get rid of all those nasty nukes post haste.

[edit on 2009/10/25 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
But what about Russia and China without us having nuclear weapons they wouldn't give a s%$# about invading our country

You think they want to come in to STEAL THE NUKES?

A little bird told me that those countries have their very own nukes, and don't have much use for ours after they explode, which would be a real probability in an invasion scenario...

Of course, when ours exploded, the offending interlopers would already have them in their "possession", after a manner of speaking.

I guess that would be ONE way to get them.

[edit on 2009/10/25 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind uk pulling out of Germany too, and NATO for that matter. US and UK seem to be doing all the donkey work in places like afganistan anyway, we could have our own Anglo-American force, hell, let's just team up with the rest of the English speaking nations and screw the rest. After all we have more in common with each other than say we do in the uk and those garlic eating, sausage guzzling ungreatfull European mainlanders who owe both our countries soo very much!
And as for euro forces in afganistan? Most of them are in the rear with the gear.

I would love the uk to pull out of Europe, shut those bases down, and watch the local economies around them crumble.

I was based in celle, I hated it!

And besides, the boxhead kraughts bombed my nana, on my moms side, and wiped nearly all of nanas family on my dads in deathcamps..

Never forgotten

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I'm with ya! We should all meet after work, and discuss the details of the pullout and realignment of alliances over a brew.

I'm thinking Guiness Stout, not any of the German beers...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm not apposed to the idea of pulling our forces out of Germany. Hell, we should pull all our forces out of Europe to be honest. That sure would save us a hell of a lot of money! Besides, The EU are big boys now. They should be able to handle anything coming down the pike in eastern Europe and whatever threat may or may not come from Iran.

I would love to see us pull out of NATO all together. That would save us even more moola!

Thank You Germany and the UK for standing with us in Afghanistan.

Slayer, I don't often agree with you ( think ur a bit too harsh, not that im far behind you) but youre spot on here buddy. EU can handle themselves. They have 2x manpower we do. Although i appreciate the fact that I'm 2x as good as a European (place European women, American man sex joke making Americans out to be studs here)

I like my money. I wanna build a hydro car from scratch or something. Not pay random county taxes or war tax.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
reply to post by dooper

Of NATO forces in Europe during the heights of the cold war, 95% of the divisions, 85% of the tanks, 80% of the combat aircraft and 70% of the fighting ships were bought, paid for and manned by the Europeans.

That's not to diminish the US contribution, far from it. It's just putting things in perspective.

Source that please? I come from teh US school system, but I find that hard to believe

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

A little off topic, but if your history is from the American school system, then you are probably VERY misinformed.

Unfortunate but true...

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

reply to post by dooper

I'm serious. Then if the need ever arises again for our help we should think long and hard about going back.

Im in. Youre on fire in this thread Slayer. Fool me twice shame on me right? Germany got THE SHAFT after WWI, pushing them into WWII. not this time guys. we are all on an equal playing field and from my economic studies you guys are doing just fine. Germans are tough SOB's too, they can handle themselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

haha im realizing that. But I am a history buff and considered bright.

On topic: I;m ok with us pulling from Germany because it will save US taxpayers plenty of dollars. Our principle interaction should be trade!

I think the tatical Point of view we should be looking at is why is USA there? my guess is still police the Germans after WWII (earned) and NATO/anti Soviet Cold war stuff.

In either case I still think its time to get on out.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by vonholland]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It isn't the idea of nukes that make me sad in this thread, its this sad tribal mentality people have, they still see the world wars as one upmanship or something that they have personally done and feel they havent been thanked enough for it; shame on you infact pity on you, you are brainwashed that another life under a different flag has no worth. Id fight for what i thought was right fullstop nothing to do with my country if i thought my country was wrong then id revolt against it, im a people man first, not a pawn for some oil greedy war mongering bastards. We dont half make our own cages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join