It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden reassures Central European fears with trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"The Biden trip was principally an effort to calm nerves and to reassure countries of Central Europe that the U.S. was not losing interest and pursuing rapprochement with Russia at their expense," Kupchan said.

American officials have said some of the initial criticism was unjustified and based on a flawed belief that the U.S. was completely giving up on the plan.

Biden conceded the U.S. could have done a better job introducing the new plan. "Obviously it could have been done better," he told reporters in Prague. "But that's the reason for the trip. I think I set out on behalf of the president to convey to three central European allies that we're committed."

He said he was "absolutely convinced" after the trip that the three countries' governments and opposition leaders now "have no doubt about the commitment," adding that "missile architecture was more sort of a metaphor for 'are we committed?'"

www.dailyrecord.com...

Ahh, so Joe Biden is in Eastern Asia again. What is he trying to do? What would any other American official be doing there? Our government is trying to stir up trouble in the region again and piss off Russia even more. I don't understand this... why do we always try to stir up trouble with Russia again? Didn't Obama promise that he would reset our relations with Russia? Is this what he meant? Back to the cold war days? What the heck is going on here?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well thank God Joe Biden is on the scene. I sure hope he got them Europeans straightened out - especially after he tells em all about how it is over here in the U.S. what with our 7-11's and Dunkin Donuts stores. You go get em Joe!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
He is mainly reassuring the europeans that as long as him and Obama are on the scene we will conduct ourselves according to european standards for foreign policy. Meaning if any of our european allies are attacked we will talk it over with the U.N., request a commitee to ascertain the historical root of said aggression, ask the aggressor to leave in trade for a couple of security council votes, and finally if all that fails we will send 250 troops to monitor the situation BUT we will give them orders not to fire because that would make us look like the aggressive heathens we once were.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I swear I thought this was a joke thread,then I remembered "nobody messes with Joe".

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ohhh Crap....Who let Biden out of the country again? Biden is just like a dog that constantly gets out of your neighbors yard and craps in your yard.

You know its coming but you can't keep him from crapping in your yard. Geezzz....

new topics

top topics

join