It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure is not that important

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There's 2 reasons why I say disclosure isn't that important as a person who accepts and supports Ufology.

The first reason is, it will not matter to most skeptics. They still will not accept these things. They will convince themselves of a government cover up or they will still say the evidence isn't there.

This is because for many of them it's important that we are alone in the universe. This supports a belief system. As soon as you say extraterrestrials exists, you can tie them to some religions. For instance in the Bible when you have clouds, chariots of fire and missing time. So it's important to some people that we are alone in the universe based on their opposition to religion.

The second reason is disclosure gives the Governments of the world to much power to control how these things are defined. Governments might define them as hostile because their hostile to them. Governments throughout the world are corrupt. They waste resources, start wars and cassify technology to look for new weapons. Technology that could be used to help mankind.

When have you ever seen a poor Government no matter how poor the people are? Life expectancy in Zimbabwe is 37 but Mugabe and the people in Government are living good. Arafat died a billionaire and we gave him 55 billion dollars in aid, yet the people in Palestine live like it's 2,000 B.C. while Arafats wife was shopping in France, America has a 14.4 trillion dollar GDP and this crooked Government has us in close to 12 trillion dollars in debt and they want to increase the debt to 13 trillion. They are growing government while burying us, our children and grandchildren that are not even born in massive debt.

So if these beings have told Governments that they are in trouble then Governments will try to paint them as hostile because they are threatining their power.

So, if disclosure happens we have to watch closely how it's done. To me Governments can be the enemy of humanity. As the world becomes more global the power to control resources, technology and start war needs to be taken from Governments so we can transition to a type 1 civilization. The people of Iran will not start a war with the people of America. The people of America will not start anything with the people of North Korea. At the end of the day it's Governments who do things in the name of the people they govern in order to secure their power.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good points, i will never trust the government and anything they say on this issue is a non starter for me.

I really do not care if alien disclosure never comes in my life, like you, it would give the scum who rule over us more power, and they have enough already.

The problem though is ufology is going nowhere, and there are just a bunch of charlatans running it, very unprofessionally.

Shame we just cannot know the truth, but i do not really care. But some generation one day may know something, but i doubt it will be the truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Disclosure would never come from out government. It would be done by the ET's themselves.

Furthermore, there is no point in just saying ET's are real and leaving it at that, they would need to provide some sort of evidence to support the claim.

I think it really does matter and IS very important as it would be the next step in civilisation advancement.

But yeah, don't think your government will do it, they won't, they will milk this thing until the very end.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think your being naive, if you think that the ptb do not have some say in the disclosure thing. I would say that the earth is pretty protected already from et craft, although the stuff they have may be fantastic, inside our reality you have to obey 3d reality laws.

So i would not be too sure, that if aliens came, its not a con.

I would be skeptical, of anything of this nature,a s it would give the government more power, to control us.

Of course if real it would be big, but for me personally, i do not care too much about it now.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I disagree.

I think that the PTB rule things that regard earth. But if ANY ET race wanted to disclose themselves to us, there would be no stopping them.

Let's be realistic here, any ET race capable of space travel is FAR more advanced than we are, even if we have back engineered some ET tech, it still would never be able to go up against them.

I think they are in conjunction with each other on some level, however, there would be multiple different races with multiple alliegances. And the PTB would NEVER be in control of an ET race, it just makes no logical sense.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Let's be realistic here, any ET race capable of space travel is FAR more advanced than we are, even if we have back engineered some ET tech, it still would never be able to go up against them.

While a rational and logical conclusion, interstellar travel could well be the only development that separates us, for all we know....just as Germany had the jet before the Allies, but still lost WWII....

As far as a conflict, they would also have a supply line problem, most likely travel windows, etc. (and whatever else would prevent them from massing around the Earth) in addition to facing whatever Man could throw at them. I wouldn't count us out in the fight right off the bat...if it's one thing humanity has proven itself capable of time and time again, it's coming up with new ways to destroy others....

new topics

top topics

join