It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View all replies to post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
For a while now people have been requesting a way to list all the replies to a specific post.

I think the last one was a couple of weeks ago. Now there are some technical reasons why ATS hasn't implemented this, as well as some social reasons.

Anyway, i create a very simple grease monkey script (if you don't know what grease monkey is you can check it here addons.mozilla.org...) that will do just this.

With the script installed when you view a thread a "view replies" link will appear next to the "single" and "this post" links. When you click it the all the replies to the post will appear underneath it.

As i said it's very simple, but if people like it i can but some more time into it. The whole page has to have loaded for the "view replies" link to show up (including the ads, so some times it can take several seconds for the link to appear depending on what ads are being loaded) and you might have to wait a few seconds for all the posts to appear if the thread has lots of pages.

I've only tested it with Firefox 3.5.3, so it might not work with older versions.

Hopefully this will be helpful to some people, let me know what you think.

The script can be downloaded here,

www.iknownothing.co.uk...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Burgess]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How do you load the script. Some of us know a lot about other software and know diddly about browser software. Just a suggestion, I use a bunch of bookmarklets. Can this be easily converted to that?

And how do you use it. Let's say I want to see if anyone has responded to one of my posts. Do you just go to that post and then...........?

That is where the bookmarklet would work nicely. Go to the post, click on the bookmarklet on your bookmark toolbar and it opens another tab or window and lists all the posts.

edit to add-by the way, I posted that very question.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Here is a quick youtube video showing the script in action

www.youtube.com...

And here are some intructions on how to get grease monkey up and running. You do need to have Firefox though.

diveintogreasemonkey.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
reply to post by endisnighe

Here is a quick youtube video showing the script in action

www.youtube.com...

And here are some intructions on how to get grease monkey up and running. You do need to have Firefox though.

diveintogreasemonkey.org...

Well done

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Great job...

But here is the problem. Many do as I just did and that's post a reply to you without replying to you. So you would end up missing my reply to you on pages 14 and 27 unless you took the time to actually read through all replies.

Other than that.

Good work

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok i know i think is a old thread, maybe i should just make a new one, but is there any updateon this its such a good idea.

I hate posting something then the next morning finding10+ pages have gone on and im going to have search all of them just to see if there has been a reply or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Go to your private messages and click on "replies", it gives you a link all the replies your posts have received.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join