It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Army is just not worth it!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You are very wise beyond your years and I am greatful for the wisdom that you have shared with me. If only I had a friend like you back then, maybe things would be different and I would be a better person, but you have shown me the light. Thanks again for representing

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
It's wrong, evil, immoral, corrupt, criminal, and full of war crimes... keep supporting it you stooges. Keep empowering evil.

Get a grip and put away that broad brush that so many here on ATS love to use. The one that paints every Soldier in the US Army as a war criminal.

So, gonna drag off that new-enlisted PFC that's working in HQ Army and shoot her in the head as a war criminal? You know, since the all are, according to you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That's a tough break, but you signed up to be a corporate hit man and to kill the poor who wake up on the wrong side of capitalism, I really can't find any sympathy, sorry.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Your avatar is dead on.

Two illegal wars?

By who's definition?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That sucks Stop loss, but joining in the army is the last resort that I would take. You should've asked yourself is it really worth it from the start. To protect a country that is failing and that is corrupt, forget that crap. Nobody wants to die on the field out in the middle east, nor anywhere. Think of the pain that your family would go through if you have died.

It's good that you recognize that you are sick of killing and violence, because we aren't mean't to be violent.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by honkusbobo
I'm not in the military and I probably won't ever be, but I've noticed that this is a perennial and polarizing debate for those in the ranks. Either the military is the best or worst thing that ever happened to you.

The military itself was great, I felt the most 'alive' when things were the hairiest, but some of the people in it were/are sociopathic buttholes (I know, I know, but that IS putting it tactfully). They aren't all 'heroes' even in the loosest definition of the word, and I know of three that if they died the world would be a brighter place.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Spacepunk, that same thing could be said of our entire Congress.

AND the Administration!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

At the time I thought I was fighting for the American people, turns out I was fighting for corporate interests. To have killed those insurgents that were only trying to defend their country from us invaders. Eventhough their wont be much to return to when I get out of the Army, its a start to a better direction.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
It's wrong, evil, immoral, corrupt, criminal, and full of war crimes... keep supporting it you stooges. Keep empowering evil.

Get a grip and put away that broad brush that so many here on ATS love to use. The one that paints every Soldier in the US Army as a war criminal.

So, gonna drag off that new-enlisted PFC that's working in HQ Army and shoot her in the head as a war criminal? You know, since the all are, according to you.

Let's get some things straight. First of all, we need a military and there is no question there are great people being taken advantage of in the current political paradigm that the US Army currently occupies.

The US Army was at one time a great army that deserved the pride it had. Not so much these days. Like it or not, the Army now pushes a corrupt agenda, a fascist agenda. With people who share the same ideological bed as Adolf Hitler.

You tell me after Desert Storm how Sadam Hussein was a threat to the US. How did Iraq have involvement in 9/11 and where were these alleged weapons of mass destruction.

The TRUTH is:
- Iraq was no threat to Amerika.
- There was no involvement in 9/11
- No weapons of mass destruction.
- The UN didn't approve of the war thus making the invasion an ILLEGAL war on the world stage.

Not to mention all the lovely torture from the kind and warm heart of Donald Rumsfeld. That really impressed the world now didn't it. The land of the free torturing Iraqi prisoners much like Nazi soldiers had done to to Jews.

So what we really have... here's the REAL truth.

- A country invaded another country illegally.
- LIED about the reasons to invade to the world.
- Secured the OIL fields within the first few weeks of the invasion.
- Ensured oil could flow out within the first few months of the invasion.
- Continued the slaughter and murder of every citizen of that nation trying to oust the invading horde that is America.
- Dumped tonnes of nuclear waste in the form of DU to poison the land/air/water for millions of years to come.
- Propped up a pupped government.
- Continues the occupation and murder of Iraqi citizens.
- Again... all on lies and false pretexts for war.

What if this was the US? And some other nation, any nation managed to defeat and occupy or liberate the US?

What if the roles were reversed?

Who is the real enemy here if Iraq was never a threat.

The fact is... the US is the enemy. And the real enemy America has to fight, is within.

But the problem is, too brainwashed like good lil' storm troopers to see the fascism they support. It really is a crime, and sad to see such a great nation crumble into the very thing it once fought so hard to have... freedom.

There is no freedom for Iraq, only occupation. Same with Afghanistan. And soon for Iran.

World War III is right around the corner and the bad guy with all the blood on it's hand is not Nazi Germany.

Fighting for freedom... ya right. More like fighting for tyranny.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I found there's almost an ironic nature of the world... the less you care about whether or not you die the less likely you do... whereas the guys afraid of release somwhow always end up in the ground...
Not only that but with less focus on living you can focus at whats at hand. I think dooper would agree worry about your comrades not yourself.

As for the wrong-ness of the army, why dont you join the reserve force then? And be thankful you dont live with conscrition like so many others? Reserves are not required to go abroad and you will still be defending the home land! Key word: defending, not invading! (dont think bad of military as a whole)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

If you hate the army so much, then do not use the GI Bill, do not go to the VA for health care, do not use a VA loan to buy a house, do not mention your military status for points on any federal or state job, etc.

If the military was so terrible, do not use any of the benefits you get from it. Otherwise, you are a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Don't you get it? This isnt just about money anymore. TPTB are using the military for their own personal goals. I don't care if you think I am a hypocrite, I just want to spread the word that the military just isn't what it use to be generations ago before the Federal reserve changed everything.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
While you may not be thrilled with the current leaders' use of the military, you still signed up, knowing full well that just because your enlistment was over, you could still be called up.

While I can empathize with your position and feeling of helplessness that there's nothing you can do about it...a better way may be to focus on what you've GAINED from the experience, rather than the ideals behind why or why you shouldn't be there...

You got to travel the world, (and what about those good times in Germany), you're learning valuable skills that will serve you well in civilian life (even if it's just military doctrine)...and you're establishing contacts that may lead to lifelong friendships and possibly career options. Not to mention, your expenses are getting paid, you're earning money, and will eventually have college paid for. (no big student loans for you)...

Focus on the positive and (having lived in the desert of Saudi) on finally leaving those damn deserts.... I can only hope you come away from it all and take the good things with the bad regarding your service.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You're right. Although I cannot change the past, I can still make a difference for the future. Im going to focus on being more self dependant and helping others at the same time. All I got to do now is live long enough to get out of this country but then again no one lives forever.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Hang in there brother. You will never let go your experience when you are older and wiser. It ain't all corporations and oil, just one bit of the puzzle. God bless ya and keep ya safe. Watch yur 6 and get home safe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join