It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A National Emergency can stop the 2012 Presidential Election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bush originally created NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 and Obama decided to keep it. Usually Congress can revoke the Emergency order if deem inappropriate but the HSPD-20 has no clause or mention of Congress.

This can cause dictatorship to occur. If this should occur it gives the President sweeping powers over all business, banking or unlimited decision making.

Under normal circumstances Congress is not allowed to review the emergency for 6 months after it is enacted. If I’m reading this correctly they have no control.

From recent articles Ive read it states that most flu vaccines wont be fully available until 2010. It is also expected to mutate by next Spring.

This National Emergency could well extend itself in to the 2012 Presidential Election, resulting in NO election. This is the plan from my perspective.

Lets hope Martial law doesn’t kick in to full gear. Can you see the opportunity for abuse of power? The Whitehouse cant stop Fox news but during martial law they control all media, all our rights are wiped out.

Guess who would have power to push the nuclear weapons button?

The sneaky little word “Comity” can also cause the President to dump all those checks and balances for as long as the Emergency order is in affect.

Do you see the plan yet? What a better way to create a global monetary system.

I truly do hope I’m wrong about this and it’s just a conspiracy thought. It does appear that the Constitution has been under fire since it’s creation. What a good way to wipe it out.

Speaking of the Constitution there are 2 or more classified clauses in this Law.

“23” Annex A and the classified Continuity Annexes, attached hereto, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this directive.

“24” Security. This directive and the information contained herein shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure, provided

It makes me wonder what else is classified and WHY?

This is an older link. Since Bush created it but will find more recent sources, if avaulable. yedies.blogspot.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

All that and no citations or sources?

National Emergency Powers, a report for Congress

[edit on 25-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That is probably the least of our worries at the moment. But it is a possibility.

When the NWO comes it will disreguard all of the united states constitution. The NWO will see itself as above the law. It will undermine our nation, because of it's financial burdens. It will be sold, like a company that gets sold.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh my here we go again...

yes it is always possible, but so far in the distance that it should have been added to the ones about the last election...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This National Emergency could well extend itself in to the 2012 Presidential Election, resulting in NO election. This is the plan from my perspective.

I remember this very same scenario being applied to Clinton just before the 1996 vote and Bush prior to the 2004 election. People were forming militias and the survivalist camps were just all the rage. In fact, I think they made a movie (a comedy) about the camps, lol!

Heck, I suppose it could happen but in this country, it would also seem entirely counterproductive. The moment a coup or martial law was declared, millions of consumers would no longer consume, millions of employees would no longer work, millions of cars would not be buying gasoline, all thus fueling billions in lost profits.

We work better as a working, free nation. We generate wealth not just for ourselves, but for the world. Right or wrong in that approach, interrupting the system would cost too many people in high places, just wayyyyy too much.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

That is probably the least of our worries at the moment. But it is a possibility.

When the NWO comes it will disreguard all of the united states constitution. The NWO will see itself as above the law. It will undermine our nation, because of it's financial burdens. It will be sold, like a company that gets sold.

Shouldn't all that be in the PAST tense!?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A brief bit of comparable information, transfered form Bush to Obama.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
OMG, this is sucha buncha paranoia. Everyone claimed bush was gonna use this to derail the election last year and stay in power as some sort of dictator. Just goes to show how ridiculous the thought process of many of the people on this site is.

Never gonna happen, you need a real good reason for that kind of hoopla. And just saying that theres an executive order that allows it is not a good enough reason.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I found some older links but will look for newer ones. It hasnt changed a bit, since it was created by Bush. Every clause in the executive order continues with the Obama Administration.

It's uncommon for a president to give himself so much power.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that when an emergency is declared under the National Emergencies Act - NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 comes into force as well.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that when an emergency is declared under the National Emergencies Act - NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 comes into force as well.

Yes and I think it cuts Congress out as well, where as before the could stop the emergency if it was deemed innapropriate.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

If any member of Congress, heaven forbid, came ill with swine flu, Congress could be closed for a period of time.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It may not be as far fetched as it seems. Yes people thought Bush would pull the martial law card out. Just because it didnt happen doesnt mean it wont.

I'm hoping it doesnt happen. I just find the timing odd. Obama's ratings were dropping quickly, they tryed to censor Fox news. This flu hasnt killed as many as the seasonal flu and doesnt appear to meet the criteria for a National Emergency.

I suspect there is an economic scenario ahead.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

If any member of Congress, heaven forbid, came ill with swine flu, Congress could be closed for a period of time.

If martial law begins, even Congress couldnt help us. We would have no protection, the bill of rights would be null and void. I wonder if there is an elite antidote.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow, feels like last year all over again when people were saying bush would have his national emergency and suspend the constitution.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That legislation only comes into play during a catastrophic emergency. It makes no reference to Congressional oversight because it anticipates that Congress itself, as assembled, will be out of action due to the emergency.

It'll be enacted during calamitous attacks on the USA, scenarios that make Sept 11th look like chickenfeed, not for coughs and colds caused by swine flu.

To suggest otherwise is just mischievous.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

People said the same about Bush using a national emergency to stop the 2008 elections and he would become a dictator blah blah blah. I bet it's the same people saying it's going to happen now as well, and that they're really secretly hoping for martial law and the world to end. Extremely sad indeed!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

People said the same about Bush using a national emergency to stop the 2008 elections and he would become a dictator blah blah blah. I bet it's the same people saying it's going to happen now as well, and that they're really secretly hoping for martial law and the world to end. Extremely sad indeed!

I was going to say the same thing about the fears of Bush pulling an emergency to stop the election. It's the same old story but with different characters.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well the difference between fears of Bush declaring a National Emergency and Obama declaring one, is that Obama just DID declare one. It isn't a matter of if and when, it is a matter of HERE AND NOW.

There is no guess work involved here, it is laid out before us. There was an excuse to call for it, and he did. No, I don't believe swine flu will be enough of an emergency to invoke such powers but I also don't believe we are far off from another false flag. One that would indeed put 9/11 to shame.

That of course is all speculation so no need to hold me to it. If say one of the offhand prediction of Washington being attacked comes true, Congress will be basically disbanded not to mention wiped from the Earth for the most part. I believe that would be enough reason to invoke the powers involved in such a clause.

Though it may not happen, it is still good to know of the possibilities that can be associated with this scenario.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Wow, feels like last year all over again when people were saying bush would have his national emergency and suspend the constitution.

Yes, it appears any President can do it. It takes a true dictator to pull it off for a sinister reason. Maybe it wont be this President but times are changing quickly. Many events are predicted for 2012; although I dont find that date to imply the end of the world but close.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join