It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Emergency Act : Know Your Law, When Law Is Suspended, and You May Be Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You would be surprised the amount of people who do not know about the National Emergency Act and what it means to them once a National Emergency has been declared like the current effort blaming H1N1.

Quote from Wikipedia : National Emergency Act

The National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601-1651) is a United States federal law passed in 1976 to stop open-ended states of national emergency and formalize the power of Congress to provide certain checks and balances on the emergency powers of the President.

The act sets a limit of two years on states of national emergency.

It also imposes certain "procedural formalities" on the President when invoking such powers.

The perceived need for the law arose from the scope and number of laws granting special powers to the executive in times of national emergency (or public danger).

At least two constitutional rights are subject to revocation during a state of emergency:

The right of habeas corpus, under Article 1, Section 9;

The right to a grand jury for members of the National Guard when in actual service, under Fifth Amendment.

In addition, many provisions of statutory law are contingent on a state of national emergency, as many as 500 by one count.

It was due in part to concern that a declaration of "emergency" for one purpose should not invoke every possible executive emergency power that Congress in 1976 passed the National Emergencies Act.

Among other provisions, this act requires the President to declare formally a national emergency and to specify the statutory authorities to be used under such a declaration.

There were 32 declared national emergencies between 1976 and 2001.

Most of these were for the purpose of restricting trade with certain foreign entities under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) (50 U.S.C. 1701-1707).

Under Title 50 the following are outlined :

Quote from Wikipedia : Title 50

Title 50 of the United States Code outlines the role of War and National Defense in the United States Code.

Chapter 1: Council of National Defense

Chapter 2: Board of Ordnance and Fortification

Chapter 3: Alien Enemies

Chapter 4: Espionage

Chapter 4a: Photographing, Sketching, Mapping, Etc., Defensive Installations

Chapter 4b: Disclosure of Classified Information

Chapter 4c: Atomic Weapons and Special Nuclear Materials Information Rewards

Chapter 5: Arsenals, Armories, Arms, And War Material Generally

Chapter 6: Willful Destruction, Etc., Of War Or National-Defense Material

Chapter 7: Interference With Homing Pigeons Owned by United States

Chapter 8: Explosives; Manufacture, Distribution, Storage, Use, And Possession Regulated

Chapter 9: Aircraft

Chapter 10: Helium Gas

Chapter 11: Acquisition Of And Expenditures On Land For National-Defense Purposes

Chapter 12: Vessels In Territorial Waters of United States

Chapter 13: Insurrection

Chapter 14: Wartime Voting by Land and Naval Forces

Chapter 15: National Security

Chapter 16: Defense Industrial Reserves

Chapter 17: Arming American Vessels

Chapter 18: Air-Warning Screen

Chapter 19: Guided Missiles

Chapter 20: Wind Tunnels

Chapter 21: Abaca Production

Chapter 22: Uniform Code of Military Justice

Chapter 22a: Representation Of Armed Forces Personnel Before Foreign Judicial Tribunals

Chapter 23: Internal Security

Chapter 24: National Defense Facilities

Chapter 25: Armed Forces Reserve

Chapter 26: Gifts for Defense Purposes

Chapter 27: Reserve Officer Personnel Program

Chapter 28: Status of Armed Forces Personnel Appointed to Service Academies

Chapter 29: National Defense Contracts

Chapter 30: Federal Absentee Voting Assistance

Chapter 31: Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations

Chapter 32: Chemical and Biological Warfare Program

Chapter 33: War Powers Resolution

Chapter 34: National Emergencies

Chapter 35: International Emergency Economic Powers

Chapter 36: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance

Chapter 37: National Security Scholarships, Fellowships, and Grants

Chapter 38: Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability

Chapter 39: Spoils of War

Chapter 40: Defense Against Weapons of Mass Destruction

Chapter 41: National Nuclear Security Administration

Chapter 42: Atomic Energy Defense Provisions

Chapter 43: Preventing Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism

Cornell : CHAPTER 34—NATIONAL EMERGENCIES

Chapter 34 (1601-1651 under National Security Act) speak about the definite design and limitations of the National Security Act.

Quote from : Cornell University : Chapter 34 - National Emergencies

*SUBCHAPTER I—TERMINATING EXISTING DECLARED EMERGENCIES

1601a and 1601b

*SUBCHAPTER II—DECLARATIONS OF FUTURE NATIONAL EMERGENCIES

1621a and 1621b

*SUBCHAPTER III—EXERCISE OF EMERGENCY POWERS AND AUTHORITIES

*SUBCHAPTER IV—ACCOUNTABILITY AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS OF PRESIDENT

*SUBCHAPTER V—APPLICATION TO POWERS AND AUTHORITIES OF OTHER PROVISIONS OF LAW AND ACTIONS TAKEN THEREUNDER

I began this thread because of the topic of National Emergency being prevalent on ATS.

As well the threads below and any others which may be supplied by other ATS'ers.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

Could THIS be the reason for the H1N1 "National Emergency"? (Bank related...)

Bush Declares National Emergency? why?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is something more than banks. Could be Iran has a nuke ready and the threat of burning is real. Further if a nuke is exploded in the atmosphere it creates a EMP and all computer records are damaged, so banks were backing up files in haste.

I like to believe our great government is on top of this and doing their best so our free lifestyles won't be interupted. But they also are realistic and plan for the worst. We are the most powerful and detailed nation on the planet and have lots of enemies who are growing in power. It's not wasy to avoid occasional conflict. But we do it with class!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Habeus Corpus is defined as the following :

Quote from : Wikipedia : Habeus Corpus

Habeas corpus (pronounced /ˌheɪbiːəs ˈkɔrpəs/) (Latin: You (shall) have the body) is a legal action, or writ, through which a person can seek relief from the unlawful detention of him or herself, or of another person.

It protects the individual from harming him or herself, or from being harmed by the judicial system.

Of English origin, the writ of habeas corpus has historically been an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action.

This mean that if you are apprehended you cannot expect the usual course of law to be your salvation if you know your rights, choose to seek legal counsel, and or think that you have the right to seek legal action.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
This is something more than banks. Could be Iran has a nuke ready and the threat of burning is real. Further if a nuke is exploded in the atmosphere it creates a EMP and all computer records are damaged, so banks were backing up files in haste.

I like to believe our great government is on top of this and doing their best so our free lifestyles won't be interupted. But they also are realistic and plan for the worst. We are the most powerful and detailed nation on the planet and have lots of enemies who are growing in power. It's not wasy to avoid occasional conflict. But we do it with class!!!

I was only pointing out that someone else was speaking on the banking issues, as well as Swine Flu being causations for the National Emergency Act being invoked by President Barack Obama.

It is troubling to say the least and I had hoped this would never happen during my lifetime.

Posse Comitatus Act Abolished & The Troops Are Comming Home. (part 1)

Posse Comitatus Act Abolished & The Troops Are Comming Home. (part 2)

Obama Declares H1N1 Flu a National Emergency

[edit on 25-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good morning Leonidas. Excellent thread. I just started putting together a thread with this information. You have just saved me a lot of work, I guess I better get started on chores.

S&F for all the info. Question: I was building my thread to post a connection to the thread I had started on Obama declaring a National Medical Emergency. Could I post a link to this thread on mine? That way if anyone asks themselves what does National Emergency mean, they will have a place to look. All hail King Leonidas
All reference to your thread will have your name referenced. Look forward to hearing from you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Good morning Leonidas. Excellent thread. I just started putting together a thread with this information. You have just saved me a lot of work, I guess I better get started on chores.

S&F for all the info. Question: I was building my thread to post a connection to the thread I had started on Obama declaring a National Medical Emergency. Could I post a link to this thread on mine? That way if anyone asks themselves what does National Emergency mean, they will have a place to look. All hail King Leonidas
All reference to your thread will have your name referenced. Look forward to hearing from you.

Morning.

Feel free to link to this thread and or post it in anything you're working on as well.

All hail me?

I want no one hailing me, I am not President, yet.

Why The Hell Would I Want To Become P.O.T.U.S., Really People?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm just not buying the US government taking over the population of the US. There's not enough manpower and the motivation would only be if there was a foreign force behind it... like the Caliphate and Islam.
If that's the case and Obama is the Manchurian Candidate of Islam then it could get interesting as the US military will go against the president.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'm just not buying the US government taking over the population of the US. There's not enough manpower and the motivation would only be if there was a foreign force behind it... like the Caliphate and Islam.
If that's the case and Obama is the Manchurian Candidate of Islam then it could get interesting as the US military will go against the president.

This is where corporate armies step in like Blackwater/Xe, Kroll, and Triple Canopy.

Blackwater : Left-Wing Liberal America, & Shifting Alliance, Leading Because It's For Our Future...

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

MARTIAL LAW 2009 global economic crisis CRAZY Unemployment

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The question people should be asking themselves is if this all is a flase flag operation.

Hoist the Flag : False Flags, Agent Provocateurs, and Black Box Operations

First, the economy is collpasing due to negligence of Bush, and nothing from Obama.

Second, a pandemic, that could have been stopped at the border.

Third, the border has been militarized since Bush, so why was nothing done?

Was I right in the thread below or even in the one above?

Bilderberger : The Global Agenda, Eugenics, Global Warming, And Biochiping Sheeple

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Among other provisions, this act requires the President to declare formally a national emergency and to specify the statutory authorities to be used under such a declaration.

I would like to see what statutes are to be used-maybe FOIA request, might get an answer in 2 years. This is the one that scares me about our government. With EVERYTHING that is going on, how do we know this is why the Emergency Declaration was made? Does the Declaration remain secret or can it be made to be kept secret? What I am wondering is, if this is actually for the Banking/Money crisis, could they release it as for the Flu and make excuses to Congress and themselves to keep that part secret? To keep a panic or free for all on withdrawals of money from the banks?

(a) Maintenance of file and index of Presidential orders, rules and regulations during national emergency When the President declares a national emergency, or Congress declares war, the President shall be responsible for maintaining a file and index of all significant orders of the President, including Executive orders and proclamations, and each Executive agency shall maintain a file and index of all rules and regulations, issued during such emergency or war issued pursuant to such declarations.

I would like to see this when its "OVER", if it will be over.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm sure there's something on the White House website that might be informative.

I just haven't made the time to look it up.

I do know by law Obama has to supply the statutes in order to declare a National Emergency.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I like Blackwater guys. They do the right thing. There is unspoken law incase the WH goes for a coup. We are in good hands. The only threat is nukes at this point.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I like Blackwater guys. They do the right thing. There is unspoken law incase the WH goes for a coup. We are in good hands. The only threat is nukes at this point.

Care to expand on that a bit?

I'm all ears of course since Blackwater/Xe is one of the people handling Martial Law.

Martial Law falls under National Emergency.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I like Blackwater guys. They do the right thing. There is unspoken law incase the WH goes for a coup. We are in good hands.

Well it sounds like it with the Oath Keepers and State Milita buildup.

The only threat is nukes at this point.

And we have been hearing alot of "pre-talk" about that from numerous sources....that one dude from the Whore House staff mentioned it recentlly...I remember , his name was Hillary Clinton.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I like Blackwater guys. They do the right thing. There is unspoken law incase the WH goes for a coup. We are in good hands.

Yeah wait a minute , only one cup of coffee not fully awake.
Wasen't it Blackwater the disarmed legal citizens in New Orleans ? And didn't they also do this along side with some Isrialies ?
Thast what mesa remembers hearing.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

Well it sounds like it with the Oath Keepers and State Milita buildup.

The only threat is nukes at this point.

And we have been hearing alot of "pre-talk" about that from numerous sources....that one dude from the Whore House staff mentioned it recentlly...I remember , his name was Hillary Clinton.

The funny thing is that most people do not know there was a conspiracy surrounding the events of one Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City Bombing in that militias were rounded up and offered funding if they cooperated with the Clinton Administration.

However, that is off topic, unless someone can provide me with a correlation of National Emergency and Clinton to prove it, it was something I read and I do not know where I had found the source since it was so long ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yeah wait a minute , only one cup of coffee not fully awake.
Wasen't it Blackwater the disarmed legal citizens in New Orleans ? And didn't they also do this along side with some Isrialies ?
Thast what mesa remembers hearing.

Yes, you are correct, Blackwater/Xe was who stepped in after Katrina.

Another examle of a National Emergency, because of the crisis involved, and many states being affected.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So is XE going to helping the financially strapped police in this time of National Emergency/False Flag ?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So is XE going to helping the financially strapped police in this time of National Emergency/False Flag ?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Grayelf2009]

That sure is one theory that's been out there.

Yet to be seen though.

Guess we will see once the order for Martial Law is declared, or a round up.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good job on the info, I will be looking over the docs and printing as much as possible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join