It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
hello

just found this..AMAZING

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

What in heavens-above was that? Not everything seen on the night sky is understood. The Night Sky Live (NSL) project keeps its global array of continuously updating web cameras (CONCAMs) always watching the night sky. On the night of 2004 December 17, the fisheye CONCAM perched on top of an active volcano in Haleakala, Hawaii, saw something moving across the night sky that remains mysterious. The NSL team might have disregarded the above streak as unconfirmed, but the Mauna Kea CONCAM on the next Hawaiian island recorded the same thing. The NSL team might then have disregarded the streak as a satellite, but no record of it was found in the heavens-above.com site that usually documents bright satellite events. If you think you have a reasonable explanation for the streak, please contribute to the on-line discussion. Current candidates include a known satellite that was somehow missed by heavens-above, a recently launched rocket, and a passing space rock. Volunteers are solicited by the NSL project to help monitor the operability of each NSL CONCAM, including looking for interesting anomalies such as this. Disclosure: Robert Nemiroff collaborates on both the NSL and APOD projects.

i.imagehost.org...

what do you make of this?

thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Why don't you tell us in your post what you make of it also? Obviously you have to have some sort of opinion? Since you didn't mention yours I am assuming you want this to be alien/ufo related since you could have put this in several other forums depending on your slant.

I think it could be just about anything, but a giant spaceship or the "planet X" would be the least probable explanation people should jump at (although tat really stops anyone around here)

It looks like it takes about 12 minutes or so to pass through around 70% of the field of view. If it is a satellite, it is unpublished as I couldn't find anything that should have been there at that day and time (although, admittedly that stuff is very difficult to determine, and a brief look at it like I did is usually frought with errors).

Whatever it is, I'm not subscribing to the aliens/ufo angle you want it to have since there are hundreds of other mundane explanations that fit better. Better off to put this in one of the space forums and get some opinions there maybe?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Why don't you tell us in your post what you make of it also?

i will tell you....

i thinks its this

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Ummm, hey genius,If you can't identify it....wouldn't that make it a........UFO????

Open mouth.....insert foot.

Try a positive post every once in a while just to make things interesting.
It's easy, watch me.

Hey op, interesting find. I will keep my eyes on this. Also, awsome pic/footage. I have never seen those before. I would $**T my pants is I ever walked outside and saw that.

See, that wasn't so hard was it?

It is not necessary to go thru life with a chip on your shoulder. Try it, you may like it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

i will tell you....

i thinks its this

You saying this is a lenticular cloud then?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by and14263]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hello deejay.

With this I do not mean to exclude the hypothesis of an UFO possibility I simply aim to add my view on the matter to the discussion. Consider it simply as more info on the table.

That being said - regarding the Tampa UFO you pointed out as an example:

(I made a little animation)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2745146b8a91.gif[/atsimg]

So to be perfectly honest I do believe that UFO is simply a hole in the clouds - the dark cylinder so to speak is in my opinion the sunset sky beyond the clouds.

"Well clouds would never do that of course." Well just for the sake of explaining why I think it is a cloud related phenomenon I researched some pictures of clouds (with emphasis on cloud photos taken at the Tampa region) and:

(I made a little animation
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/934b3b295814.gif[/atsimg]

So that's just my point of view on that example.

As for the topic's Hawaii photo I simply cannot see why that image would be labelled an UFO instead of a meteorite. I regularly keep an eye on these images taken from our telescopes and our satellites and one thing that I know is that there's a lot of stuff speeding around in space constantly. So instead of just blatantly labelling it as a meteorite I will instead ask you this:

- Why do you think that is anything other?

Hope you did not take my comments negatively - I assure you they were not meant in that way.
Cheers.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
ok.............

this is a c;loud then?

www.isoladiavalon.eu...

and this too?

more clouds

and of course, two jets chasing a cloud

so theyre clouds huh?

geeeesh..................

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
good find Deejay

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

cloud my azz lol

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/10/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deejayiwan
ok.............

this is a c;loud then?

I was only referring to the Tampa example, friend. In no way did I mean to group all cylinder type UFOs and dismiss them as clouds in one single post. I am well aware of these type of UFO sightings and many puzzle me (which is always great
). I just gave you my notion/point of view on what that particular Tampa sighting was.

As it regards the initial Hawaiian composite I still have my doubts that it is even a cylinder form we are dealing with - these videos are composed of long exposure pictures taken over long periods of frame time. Every single object moving at a considerable speed will leave a light trail that regardless of the object's shape will make it look like a line in the pictures. You see this multiple times in these images.

In saying this I am not claiming that I am right - quite the contrary - all I ask is for you to explain why this single Hawaiian video is different. Not to put you on the the spot or anything - just so that I can see it too.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction

Originally posted by deejayiwan
ok.............

this is a c;loud then?

I was only referring to the Tampa example, friend. In no way did I mean to group all cylinder type UFOs and dismiss them as clouds in one single post. I am well aware of these type of UFO sightings and many puzzle me (which is always great
). I just gave you my notion/point of view on what that particular Tampa sighting was.

I'm glad you said that because it seemed the only answer I got was a list of videos of other UFOs... I assumed the OP was showing us a picture of a lenticular cloud as an explanaition, it seems this was not the case.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I guess you just missed the "Discussion consensus: An unexpectedly bright fuel dump from a satellite launch." link at the bottom of the APOD page...

I think it is fair to conclude that the object seen was the fuel dump of the AMC-16 rocket launch. Since the trajectory matches there is really no other explanation. This fuel dump was unexpectedly bright -- one of the brightest yet recorded. I am therefore closing this topic. I would like to thank the APOD community for figuring out yet another astronomical mystery.

bb.nightskylive.net...

new topics

top topics

join