It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Salla, Ph.D Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Jauqx

The part that interests me is the theory that President Obama was given The Nobel Peace Prize as part of the process .
Can anyone give a better reason why he won this prestigious award , because I cant think of one.

OMG - how far-fetched

Do you know ANYTHING about the criterias on which the peace price is given? Do you know anything about the chairman of the Nobel council (Thorbjørn Jagland)?

"Obama got the peace price and I don't fully get why = Alien disclosure" HAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait, it's not really funny that people with access to the internet it that gullible...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauqx

Well ok give us the reason why you think he deserved it?
I see none other than that myself.. the man is a phoney he has done nothing to deserve such a prize

here is his list of achievements...

1. blamed bush for everything
2. Got a new dog which they did a birthday in the garden for this week
3. a beer summit
and finally
4.Worldwide apology tour to everyone..

that deserves a peace prize? hahahahaha anyone that believes he deserves it need to get their heads checked

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

You said "your analogy doesn't work because Salla is simply reporting what his sources say, as was Wilcock. They are credible in the sense that if they are reporting what they themselves have been told and stating that they themselves feel what they have been told is valid, then what more can be asked of them?"

Ok, so if I CLAIM sources toald me about the spaghetti monster, THEN I don't have to provide any evidence.... Cool.

BTW; the only people LESS credible than anonomous sources, are the people who CLAIM they have them! One of manny lessons if you go to a good school of journalism.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauqx

So you can give me a better reason other than disclosure , that a man who has been in his job less than a year got the peace prize and Morgan Tsvangirai who has been battling the oppressive regime in Zimbabwe for years didn't .

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jauqx
Ok, so if I CLAIM sources toald me about the spaghetti monster, THEN I don't have to provide any evidence.... Cool.

Can you please address my original point and meet the burden of proof for your claim?

And actually no, if you are not requiring belief or making a definite claim, in a case like this you don't have to provide proof that you were told something. If a journalist is simply saying "This is what I was told, and I am reporting it to you. I cannot reveal my sources who have insisted on anonymity" then of course they cannot provide proof if the proof involves revealing their sources.

The 'claim' in DW and Salla's case is simply that they were told these things (which they are not obligated to 'prove' as it violates their sources anonymity) and that they consider the sources to be legit. Take it or leave it.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's a huge leap to conclude that because you can't find any reasons for Obama to receive the award and you don't believe the Nobel Committee's reasons for giving him the prize, the only 'logical' reason is to incentive Obama to disclose the truth about UFOs.

It's a good thing to have an open mind, but if you open your mind too much you'll probably let in a lot of nonsense.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Jauqx

Well ok give us the reason why you think he deserved it?
I see none other than that myself.. the man is a phoney he has done nothing to deserve such a prize

here is his list of achievements...

1. blamed bush for everything
2. Got a new dog which they did a birthday in the garden for this week
3. a beer summit
and finally
4.Worldwide apology tour to everyone..

that deserves a peace prize? hahahahaha anyone that believes he deserves it need to get their heads checked

I agree, he dind't deserve it, but wtf does that have to do with aliens????

The NPP has always been political. Do you think Henry Kissinger DESERVED the NPP? Can it perhaps be that some politicians in Norway wan't to buy goodwill by giving Obama and USA the prize? No thats too sipmle isn't it - it MUST BE THE ALIEN AGENDA...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Jauqx]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If I would have told my mom when I was a teenager, that 'Mowing The Lawn Is Imminent', and went on to talk about how one day soon there would be lawn-mowing and all would rejoice! -- she would have likely tanned my hide.

Why not come back and talk to us once you ACTUALLY mow the lawn. Okay?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

Please focus further responses on the Actual topic of discussion.

» Aliens and UFOs » Michael Salla, Ph.D Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopsfungus
If I would have told my mom when I was a teenager, that 'Mowing The Lawn Is Imminent', and went on to talk about how one day soon there would be lawn-mowing and all would rejoice! -- she would have likely tanned my hide.

Why not come back and talk to us once you ACTUALLY mow the lawn. Okay?

LOL. Well many people do want to hear what DW's and Salla's sources have to say about the future, which is why their work is so popular. They haven't "come to us" we have gone to them (for instance, you have voluntarily come into a thread which clearly states it's about Salla's comments on possible future disclosure based on his sources) If people don't like their work and don't want to hear what their sources say, or what they feel is likely to happen in the future, then they shouldn't go reading it, especially if it gets them all grumpy LOL.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

The Nobel Peace Prize was an important step in giving global legitimacy to President Obama

Thats what has been put forward in the article , and with all the buzz about possible disclosure recently I cant rule it out as a possibility , It may seem far fetched but as has been said before " we are living in interesting times".
On one hand we are facing self inhalation and on the other the acknowledgment that other civilizations exist and their people are visiting us .

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The Nobel Peace Prize was an important step in giving global legitimacy to President Obama

Thats what has been put forward in the article , and with all the buzz about possible disclosure recently I cant rule it out as a possibility

You forgot the rest of the quote:

The Nobel Peace Prize was an important step in giving global legitimacy to President Obama in making an extraterrestrial disclosure announcement.

I do agree, as do many commentators and opinion-makers, that the prize was a way of giving some form of legitimacy to Obama's Presidency, but it's still a huge leap of faith to say the underlining reason is disclosure.

More, "all the buzz" you're talking about has been put forward by the same crowd who have been pushing this disclosure notion for years now. That same crowd who has predicted imminent disclosure in past and it didn't happen. It also reported on alleged UN meetings about disclosure that ended up being completely false.

I don't see any credible reporting about the possibility of disclosure to even start considering that the Nobel prize has any connection to it. It's unfounded speculation at this point, by the same disclosure people that have been speculating for years.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I suppose we don't have long to wait and find out if it happens or not - whether a month from now or 3 months from now.

I know there is some distrust after the whole Blossom Goodchild debactle last year, but this is different. The orginal information does not come from channelled material, but from an insider, Pete Peterson.

Project Camelot said the reason disclosed what Pete told them is so other insiders will speak up and tell what they know as well. People are like that. We wait until someone 'goes first' before we come forward.

Well, perhaps Salla has decided to come forward now that Pete did. I have a feeling that we'll be hearing more come forward as the days unravel.

Interesting times are ahead.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It also reported on alleged UN meetings about disclosure that ended up being completely false.

Do you think that if the UN were to have a secret meeting [ which no doubt they do ]about any topic yet alone disclosure would be recorded , there would be no paper trail , the press wouldn't know , and neither you nor I would Know.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by gortex]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you think that if the UN were to have a secret meeting [ which no doubt they do ]about any topic yet alone disclosure would be recorded , there would be no paper trail , the press wouldn't know , and neither you nor I would Know.

And neither would Michael Salla, and that's my point. Yet, he 'reported' it.

The story, just like this one, also had many insider sources and guess what? It was all bullsh#t.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"The Nobel Peace Prize was an important step in giving global legitimacy to President Obama in making an extraterrestrial disclosure announcement. Obama is therefore poised to play a prominent role in the increased global governance that will be necessary after an extraterrestrial disclosure announcement. "

Well that part of it assured me that the whole thing is a load of BS. Zero has made a total idiot out of himself around the world and for sure on this side of the big pond the prospect of "Obama poised to play a prominent role in increased global governance" is a real load of malarky.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I would think given the experience Michael Salla has had in the conflict resolution field and his other projects he has some interesting and useful contacts , as he said himself "two independent and confidential sources"
Now we can only speculate but its not beyond the realms of reason that they may be in the loop , diplomatic or military put out there by their masters to start the preparation for disclosure .

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That doesn't make sense. You just told me meetings about UFOs would be highly secretive, there would be no paper trail and so on, but you find it reasonable that Michael Salla would be in the loop?

Your need to believe is clouding your judgment.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What doesn't it make sense ? ,If disclosure is to take place they would first want to remove the shock factor , so informally give information to known researchers so they put it in the public arena , now most people will laugh it off but it will still be in there consciousness , and as more poeple become aware of this thing that is supposed to happen the shock factor is reduced or removed .
This wouldn't change the need for The UN to be having secret meetings about this , secrecy is there game .

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What doesn't it make sense ? ,If disclosure is to take place they would first want to remove the shock factor , so informally give information to known researchers so they put it in the public arena

Well, I can agree with that to a certain degree, but if you think Michael Salla is considered a "known researcher" you are fooling yourself.

Michael Salla is barely known outside of UFO circles, and within Ufology he (and the rest of the expolotics movement) isn't regarded very highly by serious researchers.

Yeah it would make sense if the Government was trying to disclose shocking information to get the help of known public figures with credibility, so why in the hell would they choose the likes of Michael Salla, Stephen Greer and so on?

Like I said, sounds to me like wishful thinking more than anything, with no credible information to back it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join