It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Misinterpreted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I first want to start out by saying this is my opinion and you can either like it or not.

But the first thing is. The Mayans NEVER predicted the END of the world. So please stop the "OMG THE WORLDS GOING TO END THREAD". Mankind said well...the calendar ends on that day so...it must be the end.

No. You should look at it like that. Your only going to stress your self out and when 12/22/12 comes your going to be very disappointed.

"Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "[f]or the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". However, she considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

It's simply honestly there is no way to predict the future or a day something will happen. There's been theory after theory of "END OF THE WORLD" scenarios that have been wrong and wrong time again.

I'm not saying I have all the answers about the 2012 over exaggerated events. But I'm just saying look at it logically. There is NO I MEAN NO evidence saying it's the "END" of the world. Just theories are telling you that. There is no evidence even linking it to the end of the world. And yes you may say there have been climate changes and wars which I read in some thread people were saying well climate change is showing us the end of the world. Well not really since the beginning of time weather has changed from good to worse to worse to good. Weather is a cycle.

But really my thoughts on 2012. Make sure you preorder "I survived 2012" t-shirt because your gonna be disappointed.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
my gregorian clander end every year on december 31.

by thier logic we could have a doomsday every dec 31.

plus the lunar clander ends in january around 27/28 doomsdays there.

every calander is supposed to end, then you get a new one.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just think its a transition. Like brainwave entrainment, you slowly change over time.

Something is happening, but no one knows what, but the world will still be here in 2013, lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx

But really my thoughts on 2012. Make sure you preorder "I survived 2012" t-shirt because your gonna be disappointed.

Sounds like you're encouraging us to buy stuff.

Nah, I'm hoping I can land a gig on that day. Just because it'll be awesome.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i, along with countless others with half a brain, am in this camp as well. im going to wake up on the 23rd, and just start laughing hysterically in the face of this ridiculous adversity.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by prototism]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm among those who think that nothing much is going to happen in 2012, beyond the usual disasters and such. The great thing about being a skeptic is, if we're wrong and the world really does end, there won't be anyone around to tell us, "Told you so".

I wonder sometimes, though, whether some ATS'ers here wouldn't prefer it if something catastrophic really did happen. Maybe not quite the end of the world, but something pretty exciting and cool. I mean, life can be boring at times. Nothing like an apocalypse now and then to liven things up.

But there just aren't that many apocalypses to go around. Every few centuries there's some major upheaval somewhere, but really they aren't all that common. Experience has shown that we almost never see them coming until they're right upon us. So whatever we're worried about, that's probably not the thing that's really going to cause us problems.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
talking about T-Shirt souveniors.. i still have a "Survivor" T Shirt
from 1990 when Phoenix Arizona hit 122 degrees !

~just another moth attractor / dust collector item ~
\

and about the 2012 event being misinterpeted...

the Intelstellar molecular cloud that is approaching our Solar System could not be the 2012 source of the mystical 'ascension-of-mind' that some are forecasting: here's why ->

~sources noted~

www.biocab.org...
+++The Cosmic Cloud is situated up and ahead the Solar System...

++Abstract:
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Observations indicating a hydrogen density gradient in the vicinity of the solar system are reviewed, particularly observations of an anisotropy in the far-UV flux around 950 A from the brightest and closest O and B stars as well as a variation in the local D/H ratio along the lines of sight to Alpha Cen and Alpha Aur. Possible mechanisms that may strongly affect the observed D/H ratio on a very small scale are considered, selected radiation pressure is proposed as the most likely mechanism for deuterium separation, and it is shown that this mechanism would be effective only if the density gradient of the nearby interstellar medium has remained stable for at least about 10 million years. This time scale is taken to imply the existence of a nearby (less than 2 pc distant) interstellar cloud. Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the 'near' future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

unless the energy cloud that "transforms mankind in 2012" can travel at warp-speed to get here in time! all those T-Shirts & stuff are just that...stuff

[edit on 25-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
I first want to start out by saying this is my opinion and you can either like it or not.

But the first thing is. The Mayans NEVER predicted the END of the world. So please stop the "OMG THE WORLDS GOING TO END THREAD". Mankind said well...the calendar ends on that day so...it must be the end.

No. You should look at it like that. Your only going to stress your self out and when 12/22/12 comes your going to be very disappointed.

"Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "[f]or the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". However, she considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

It's simply honestly there is no way to predict the future or a day something will happen. There's been theory after theory of "END OF THE WORLD" scenarios that have been wrong and wrong time again.

I'm not saying I have all the answers about the 2012 over exaggerated events. But I'm just saying look at it logically. There is NO I MEAN NO evidence saying it's the "END" of the world. Just theories are telling you that. There is no evidence even linking it to the end of the world. And yes you may say there have been climate changes and wars which I read in some thread people were saying well climate change is showing us the end of the world. Well not really since the beginning of time weather has changed from good to worse to worse to good. Weather is a cycle.

Sorry but you have coem to the wrong place to post your post. Nobody thinks of it as the end of the world or end of humanity on these threads. You should be going out and telling that to somebody else,but not to the peoel here.
The Mayan council of elders,representiong all 440 tribes from Honduras,Belize, Mexico etc and itäs head Don Alejandro have said loud and clear that the Hopi Indian prophecy of the blue planet came about on october 24th 2007(comet Holmes,look it up what happened on that date) and that they fulyl embrace the Hopi Indian prophecy as the star of the window of time,which is 7-8 years long, so between 2007-2015 is the time for the ascension transition to occur. Those who have had enough reincarnations and are spiritually ready will go through it,those who arre nto ready will move into time-space and it will seem as if nothing has changed,except everyone will have a 7-8 second experience memory,where they literally experienced being ONE again,remembering that they all are/we all are the universal mind. In short,we are the creator of my/our own existence and experiences.
Read the Ra material(The Law of one),which is the msot accurate material on the planet.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
@okamitengu
@andy1033
@Whine Flu
@prototism
@chiron613
@St Udio
@Valeri

I agree with you all. We are all just going to wake up and laugh about everyone freaking out about it being the end of the world. And another "END" date will be set. And why I posted this is because I read tons of other posts and maybe it's 10 year old's making the posts but it's just seriously annoying. When someone says it's going to be the end of mankind or the world is going to end etc... because there's simply no evidence saying it's going to end. Just the calendar ends and it just resets it self and we continue on with life.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Mayans did not say the world was going to end.
However, the end of their calendar DOES signify a change in humanity. The END of one age and the BEGINNING of another.

Further, the Mayans always focus on the creation, not the destruction.

Therefore, IF something were going to actually end in 2012, the Mayans would only discuss/focus on what was going to be CREATED from said destruction.

Hence the whole, TRANSITION phase of 2012.

Bottom line: The Mayans do not support either side of the argument of 2012 since their words can be taken both ways. They consider this date to be significant. It is a cycle that they believe in and depict in various writings, calendars, etc.

To say that the date is insignificant is just plain wrong.
However, it can be significant, but not life ending.

new topics

top topics

join