It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Police raid Temple Mount after fresh Arab rioting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Israel Police raid Temple Mount after fresh Arab rioting

www.haaretz.com

Jerusalem police raided the Temple Mount on Sunday, after Arab youths at the holy site pelted officers with rocks and poured oil on them.

Police were patrolling near the Temple Mount, in the Old City of Jerusalem, when the youths began to hurl stones at them. Officers subsequently stormed the compound and arrested 12 people on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This could flare up into a mess. Aljazeera news sources are already claiming that police entered the Al Asqa mosque. It really doesn't matter if this is true or not, but if people believe police entered the mosque.

If that happens there's good chance there will be riots if not outright terror attacks by fanatics.

The sad thing is people will choose their sides and try to shout each down while somewhere in the middle of all the chaos is the truth that is buried by propaganda and hate.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add Al Jazeera story:

Israeli police enter Aqsa compound
english.aljazeera.net...#

[edit on 25/10/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The mystical October 25th...

OOOoooOOOOoooo

No really, this actually sounds like it will simply blow over easily. Trust me, neither side desires blood for a mere case of intrusion.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There has been a lot of talk about a 3rd infatarda if anything else happens like this.. low and behold it happens..

I hope it doesn't turn nasty..

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This stuff happens all the time, and the poor people there have to put up with this.

All i say to the arabs, let the people be the scum not you.

I doubt anything will happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It was a typical riot, flash grenades, tear gas and acoustic grenades were used by the police. Several Palestine were arrested but it was just another typical day in the world.

Like many U.S. and U.K. and A.U. news service will totally blow this out of proportion so will Al Jazeera, remember its just another typical day in the life of Israel, no real drama involved.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
An update:

Israel Police battle Arab rioters on Temple Mount; PA official arrested

Stone-throwing Arab youths wounded three policemen on the Temple Mount on Sunday as Jerusalem police, firing water cannons and stun grenades, raided the holy site in a bid to quell repeated bouts of rioting.

Police stormed the compound twice; the first time was in response to Arab youths who pelted officers with rocks and poured oil on them.

Later Sunday morning, about 100 Arab youths renewed rioting at the Temple Mount, after which Border Police and regular policemen raided the site again, using stun grenades to disperse the rioters...

...During the clash, police arrested Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' advisor on Jerusalem affairs, Hatam Abd al-Qadir, on suspicion of disorderly conduct. Police said he attacked officers and urged worshippers to hold a protest march.

www.haaretz.com...

So the situation hasn't calmed down yet. I'll be updating information if the situation develops any further.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how two different perspectives can completely alter the public's perception of which side is the aggressor:

After several rounds of clashes, dozens of protesters were still holed up inside the mosque at midafternoon, occasionally opening shuttered doors to throw objects at police. The Israeli forces did not enter the building and police said they had no plans to do so. There were no serious injuries.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Israeli police, according to the above, DID NOT enter the mosque -- nor do they have any intention of doing so.

It seems that there are still some protesters holed up in the mosque however, so I would imagine they are at a stand still.

At least Temple Mount is sacred to both Jews and Muslims -- that will at least curtail the entire area being bombed.

new topics

top topics

join