It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooked? Ignored? Misunderstood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thank you Jonna, the only direct response that I got. If anyone had bothered to read, what I was asking for was a clarification on what the policy was concerning people involved in a thread that gets moved to RATS.

Do the people involved get any notification.

If I am working on a thread, providing information and research, it gets moved, am i to expect what has happened. Condesending remarks about waiting and no other information from Staff.

Everyone was hung up on the one thread in particular, I was trying to get some general information on policy and procedures in such a situation as had developed.

Instead I get "oh poor newbie, just wait, you'll get in soon enough". Did anyone even bother to read what I was asking? Response from Staff was OOPS sorry.

I didn't rant and rave other than being frustrated about the fact that nobody was even reading what I was asking for.

When a Thread

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If Jonna was able to answer your question why do you create another thread?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
kinglizard

As an example of what I am talking about if you had bothered to read my post you would see that I am asking more than 1 question.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You should U2U a mod and ask these questions, they are usually very good about responding to members. That way you would get your answers and it wouldn�t cause any more �drama�.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
You should U2U a mod and ask these questions, they are usually very good about responding to members. That way you would get your answers and it wouldn�t cause any more �drama�.

I'm sorry, I thought that questions concerning policy and procedures were to be posted here. The only "drama" I see is what everyone else is reading into it. I just want some outline on the guidelines used.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The thread in question was moved to RATS by request of the author of the thread.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
I'm sorry, I thought that questions concerning policy and procedures were to be posted here. The only "drama" I see is what everyone else is reading into it. I just want some outline on the guidelines used.

Basically your issue is that a certain thread that you were participating in was moved to RATS, now you are unable to read or contribute to it. Is this correct? It�s not my place to say why the thread was moved, if the administrator or moderators want to make the reason known to everyone they will, all I can say is that it was moved for a very important reason. Now I know this isn�t much of an answer but it�s the best I can do. Any further questions about this issue should probably be directed to the moderators or administrators.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Duke, I can understand your being frustrated about this. But it rarely happens. So there aren't any guidelines on how to proceed, it's really a matter of being a judgement call. I tried looking for examples where this has happened before, and there are only two or three that I could see.

I don't have an answer that will satisfy you I am afraid. But in all honesty, it almost never happens. I know you are not asking specifically about the thread that brought this to your attention, but it is the exception, not the rule.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Duke, I can understand your being frustrated about this. But it rarely happens. So there aren't any guidelines on how to proceed, it's really a matter of being a judgement call. I tried looking for examples where this has happened before, and there are only two or three that I could see.

I don't have an answer that will satisfy you I am afraid. But in all honesty, it almost never happens. I know you are not asking specifically about the thread that brought this to your attention, but it is the exception, not the rule.

THANK YOU. Now was that so hard. Yes seekerof even I was able to fiqure out that it was moved by request of the author, but seeing as how that was not my question the answer does me no good. Since this is a rare event I can see that there are no guide lines, kinglizard, the thread brought up the question of policy for situations such as this you missed the point.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
what thread was moved?

new topics

top topics

join