It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be Nibiru or Planet X ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Dont forget that the sun emits powerful rays that can interfere with the electrical equipment.. especially light capturing equipment. For our sake it would be better that not be Nibiru...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'm not too sure how much involvement NASA has in this telescope actually.

Here's who is listed as involved in the project:
JPL, Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Hey chad... JPL is NASA.

Just thought I would let you know that.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

The simple fact is that you do not know Nibiru is not real. Its your opinion. And if it was real, we would not get told about it approaching.

However this thread is not showing Nibiru.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

The simple fact is that you do not know Nibiru is not real. Its your opinion. And if it was real, we would not get told about it approaching.

However this thread is not showing Nibiru.

True, as you don't know that planet Donald Duck, planet Mickey Mouse and planet homer Simpson, all three made of cheese, are not real. And not, it's NOT just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I know you guys like to put Nibiru in the same category as Santa Claus.

But you dont have to believe in it. If it exists, it will come. If it doesnt, it wont. Arguing about its existence is therefore pointless since it has zero effect on the outcome.

But sure, we can throw our opinions around. I dont expect mine to change yours, or vice versa, though.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I know you guys like to put Nibiru in the same category as Santa Claus.

But you dont have to believe in it. If it exists, it will come. If it doesnt, it wont. Arguing about its existence is therefore pointless since it has zero effect on the outcome.

I don't like to put it in the same category as Santa Claus: darn, you know me enough

I MUST put it in the same category as Urban Legends, because that IS where it belongs

There is not a single scientific clue about its existence, all that we have are people who want to make money selling their books: and their otrageous claims corroborated by ZERO evidences.
I'm not saying that one has not to BELIEVE in the story of Nibiru (i believe in Atlantis, but have valid reasons to, it's another story though), just saying that it's sci-fi: you, for example, can you show to me some serious evidence proving/corroborating/endorsing the existence of this planet?

I would be HAPPY to discuss about it with you, tust me

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think there are plenty of signs of things changing in our solar system but the interpretation of these events is very different depending on who you ask.

For example, the planets are heating up. Whats the reason? Some people say its a natural cycle, some people say its increased solar activity, some people say its because we are going into a special area of space with lots of high energy particles, and so on.

Example of what I mean:

In fact, scientists have alternative explanations for the anomalous warming on each of these other planetary bodies.

The warming on Triton, for example, could be the result of an extreme southern summer on the moon, a season that occurs every few hundred years, as well as possible changes in the makeup of surface ice that caused it to absorb more of the Sun’s heat.

Researchers credited Pluto’s warming to possible eruptive activity and a delayed thawing from its last close approach to the Sun in 1989.

And the recent storm activity on Jupiter is being blamed on a recurring climatic cycle that churns up material from the gas giant’s interior and lofts it to the surface, where it is heated by the Sun.

Source

Its all opinions...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

Originally posted by DjSharperimage

this image is from NASA;
if you look at the bottom right corner of the sun there seems to be a really bright star or something

here is the sun 5 hours later;
the object seems to have dissapeared....

and it usually takes the planet earth a year to go around the sun....

[edit on 25-10-2009 by DjSharperimage]

Yes, it takes a year for earth to go around the sun, but for Mercury it takes around 88 days. Well, I personally think that it could be anything but Nibiru in that image - most likely a planet or another body of our known solar system.

-v

[edit on 25-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Regarding your last post, i have to say that i agree with you.
I would be a LIAR if i'd state that everything is fine in our solar system

Actually, we'd have some reasons to be concerned, and each statement starting with "scientists have alternative explanations for " means that "scientists have NO good explanations for ", sad but true, lol

BUt where's the link with Nibiru, i have to ask?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
BUt where's the link with Nibiru, i have to ask?

I think you know I cant provide that. It would be pretty hard to keep the coverup going if I could hyperlink to a page proving the existence of Nibiru, no? We wouldnt even be having this discussion about weather or not its real.

Consider the implications if Nibiru is real and is going to pass between us and the sun in the next two years. Lots of people will die. There is absolutely no way information about this would be made public in advance because its impossible to save 6 billion people. Society must continue to work for as long as possible for all our sakes.

I think the theory of Nibiru should be considered as a possibility and not dismissed because it sounds silly. Scientists today are talking about multiple universes and dimensions for gods sake. Perhaps a brown dwarf coming into our system every 3600 years is not impossible? Did you know that 2/3's of all solar systems discovered are systems with binary stars? Its more common than not.

Just keep it as a possible reason in the back of your head when you see earth changes in the next two years, thats all I ask.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you believe NASA or not there are far too many private star gasers and planet finders that could easily identify something even if NASA wanted to keep it secret.
Don't think there is anything there or coming or going.....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Well, there's something that perhaps you haven't seen yet :
en.wikipedia.org...
What's your take about that?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah mate, I see that now.

I missed JPL amongst all the uni's

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yes I read about that a few years ago. I think its a reaction to the uncertainty we all feel about our world. We know that any number of things could severely damage our societies and the people, so it makes sense to try and preserve seeds since they are the foundation of our eco system.

A few years back there was lots of theories surrounding the colony collapse disorder amongst honeybees. They are very important for the food chain to work. There are theories its the electromagnetic radiation that is causing this. Thats just one thing that could actually cause massive starvation and civil disorder world wide, and it may be difficult to reverse it.

So my take is... having a backup of data is always a good thing.

Nibiru would most likely cause Norway to be flooded. Even if its under ground, it could be under a lot of water once Nibiru passes. Seems better to put stuff like this in a orbit around the Earth to me, but I dont know, perhaps its not.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Glad about your take on the Svalbard globals seed vault: it was a very mature and unbiased response.
Yes i do remember about the honeybees theory, and i confess you that it actually got me somehow paranoid

Earth is way more fragile than we can ever imagine: to put something out of place could generate some disaster: if you change the course of a river, for example, the sooner or the later the river will take back its original course: no matter if there are houses nor human lives to destroy.
In my opinion, the humans are devastating mother Earth, they don't respect it, they behave as some owners: every now and then she replies with some earthquake, some tornado, some tsunami, and so on, not for revenge, but cause it's her natural evolution.
While these events are unavoidable, i do think that we should be as much respectful as possible with our planet. Earth is the extremely rare result of some incredibly rare evolution process: we are devastating in some decades some great work that required some billions of years to have been done
And not us, but our sons will pay for it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Thank you. I very much agree with human behavior being completely ruthless and arrogant to the very system that allowed us to be here in the first place.

Have a nice Sunday. Im sure we will be seeing eachother in other threads.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Consider the implications if Nibiru is real and is going to pass between us and the sun in the next two years. Lots of people will die. There is absolutely no way information about this would be made public in advance because its impossible to save 6 billion people. Society must continue to work for as long as possible for all our sakes.

How do you stop thousands of very capable armature astronomers silent they are all very capable of detecting this. They use sophisticated system and even link with each other in-fact many are working officially as planet hunters.

That's why I don't believe it, not for 1 minute.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join