It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct. 25th Checklist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Okay....just past midnight CST, the dreaded day has arrived - 10/25/09.

I need some help with my checklist, here's what I have so far:

1. Escape route to rural hideaway, check.
2. .40 cal Sig...200 rounds ammo, check.
3. 2 months supply food & water, check.
4. Various other survival gear...batteries, hand-crank radio, waterproof matches, etc., check.
5. 4X4 SUV fully fueled for said escape to rural hideaway, check.
6. 2 cases of Coors Light + gallon of vodka, check.
7. wife & kids ready to have me committed, check.

HELP! What I am I missing?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Okay....just past midnight CST, the dreaded day has arrived - 10/25/09.

I need some help with my checklist, here's what I have so far:

1. Escape route to rural hideaway, check.
2. .40 cal Sig...200 rounds ammo, check.
3. 2 months supply food & water, check.
4. Various other survival gear...batteries, hand-crank radio, waterproof matches, etc., check.
5. 4X4 SUV fully fueled for said escape to rural hideaway, check.
6. 2 cases of Coors Light + gallon of vodka, check.
7. wife & kids ready to have me committed, check.

I do believe you are missing your straightjacket and matching leg shackles sir. That or maybe I'm jealous you were able to prepare (if something does happen) -- Naw its the first one

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
more booze. people will trade some pretty important stuff for booze. and cigarettes. not to mention just about any illicit substance...

note: im not condoning the purchase of illicit items in any way, they were mentioned merely as an example.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

A laptop with cellular modem so you can keep up with ATS

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There is nothing wrong with being prepared, you seem to have done well. Don't be too concerned with dates, many have come and gone. But the way things are going, given who is in control of us, you will certainly need to be prepared sometime soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thanks but I musn't mention any tobacco products (or illicit goodies) I am hoarding for safety purposes. Anyone else care to add to the list?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981

Dont forget your medication

But seriously, its 16 hours into the 25th of October here...why do all these prophecies have to happen on American time....no fair

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Reality Check, Unchecked.

lol just kidding, saw that in another thread a month ago.

I, personally, am 17 and am unable to prepare for such things due to no job and unwilling parents. o well, i can always say i was right to them, but that brings no righteousness.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What you are missing is you should already be living in your hideout. Like me. No need to go anywhere. You would already be there.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
More vodka. Aside from its use as a beverage, it can serve as an anesthetic and antiseptic (that is, it has legitimate medicinal properties). Tobacco products can be used for barter.

You'll need tools. Knife, shovel, hammer, hatchet, you know, stuff like that. Rope, fabric (tarps, etc.), all kinds of stuff that we take for granted but that would be hard to get hold of in a serious emergency.

Radio and flashlights with cranks (you crank them for power, instead of using batteries). Pain in the neck, but they'll still work a week later. You want the radio to learn of what's going on. It could give you some idea of when it's OK to make your way back to what we laughingly refer to as "civilization". Hint: If you don't hear any radio stations, that's probably a bad sign. Ditto, if they're all speaking Russian or Chinese.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
On the long range Poppy seeds could be of great analgetic value if they accidentally come in contact with soil.
Also of great value could be, most likely, THC free hempseeds. Fast growing plant, great for fibres and very valuable food.

I don`t recommend anyone to break the law, but you have to consider seriously that in the worst case there will be no medication available .
I`m not talking about the misuse/abuse of those plants, I´m talking about it`s use as a very powerful painkiller in a serious situation.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by derpif]

new topics

top topics

join