Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

I'm not a prognosticator by any means but...
If something does happen I don't think it will be from the banks...

What I am hearing, mostly from the local news is that H1N1 is really taking off now... no more vaccines are available here in Albuquerque until the next shipment arrives??? hospitals here are saying if you feel flu like symptoms you probably do have swine flu but unless your really sick don't come in... then we get this thing with Obama..."National Emergency" Mexico did that back at the start of the year, closed schools businesses sporting events government offices Etc... maybe that's what's going to happen???? but what do I know?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just my personal belief...but I believe that the "veil' that us crazy witch types believe in FINALLY thinned just after we moved into SCORPIO. (It seemed late this year...to me.) ..And the moon is in Capricorn.

And the psychological effect of this means that things..ulterior motives...all become more clear. Mass hysteria? Could be, but who's to say it isn't justified?

It's about time for Halloween. Things get weird this time of year.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

for Wall Street and American capitalism, use your gut. You know something's very wrong: A year ago, too-greedy-to-fail banks were insolvent, in a near-death experience. Now, magically, they're back to business as usual, arrogant, pocketing outrageous bonuses while Main Street sacrifices, and unemployment and foreclosures continue rising as tight credit, inflation and skyrocketing federal debt are killing taxpayers.

Yes, Wall Street has lost its moral compass. It created the mess, but now, like vultures, Wall Streeters are capitalizing on the carcass. They have lost all sense of fiduciary duty, ethical responsibility and public obligation.

the writer of the article lists reasons why collapse is inevitable in america. they are:
1. Collapse is inevitable
2. nobodies planning for a black swan
3. wall st sacked washington
4. when greed was legalised
5. triggering the end of our life cycle

15 more clues capitalism lost its soul ... is a disaster waiting to happen
Much more evidence litters the battlefield:

Wall Street wealth now calls the shots in Congress, the White House

America's top 1% own more than 90% of America's wealth

The average worker's income has declined in three decades while CEO compensation exploded over ten times

The Fed is now the 'fourth branch of government' operating autonomously, secretly printing money at will

Since Goldman and Morgan became bank holding companies, all banks are back gambling with taxpayer bailout money plus retail customer deposits

Bill Gross warns of a "new normal" with slow growth, low earnings and stock prices

While the White House's chief economist retorts with hype of a recovery unimpeded by the "new normal"

Wall Street's high-frequency junkies make billions trading zombie stocks like AIG, FNMA, FMAC that have no fundamental value beyond a Treasury guarantee

401(k)s have lost 26.7% of their value in the past decade

Oil and energy costs will skyrocket

Foreign nations and sovereign funds have started dumping dollars, signaling the end of the dollar as the world's reserve currency

In two years federal debt exploded from $11.2 to $23.7 trillion

New financial reforms will do little to prevent the next meltdown

The "forever war" between Western and Islamic fundamentalists will widen

As will environmental threats and unfunded entitlements

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.google.com...

It was the most expensive real estate deal in U.S. history. Now it's poised to become one of the biggest flops.

At the height of the real estate bubble in 2006, an investment group led by New York City real estate firm Tishman Speyer Properties and BlackRock Realty Advisors paid $5.4 billion for a pair of gigantic Manhattan apartment complexes known as Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village.

The price seemed outrageous to many, but the company believed it had a winning strategy: It would aggressively convert thousands of rent-regulated apartments occupied by middle-class families into luxury units that would fetch top dollar.

Three years later, to the glee of many New York renters, the tactic has been a bust.

Tenants fought back, conversions happened much slower than expected and a state court ruled Thursday that about $200 million in the company's new rent increases were improper.

Real estate analysts say the ownership group is now just two to three months away from a likely default on the $3 billion mortgage it used, along with a $1.4 billion secondary loan, to buy the property.

Foreclosure looms as a strong possibility.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
After reading through the current posts on this thread I will acknowledge that yes, this may be very similar to the tabloids declaring the end of the world every weekend only to come back the following week to say that we narrowly avoided it, for now.

That being said, TWZ can be used as a guide for when an underlying event occurs that may/will have implications down the road. Furthermore Webbot has predicted that in the next two weeks 'something' is going to happen, possiblly the opening shots in WW3.

Maybe many posters are correct, this will come and go with the believers scurrying to cover thier collective asses.

On the other hand, Obama enacted national emergency status for the swine flu Friday (purely coincidence that it was done after the markets closed) and Jerusalem sent riot police to the temple mount to 'contain and pacify' muslem protestors Sunday (today).

To those who doubt, (and I admit to being a curious & well read skeptic) please give a moment to pause and reflect:

The US is now technically a dictatorship due to Obama's declaration, and Isreal has dispatched riot police to one of the holiest of muslem sites...the one that numerous prophecies specifically point to as having a pivotal role in the apocalypse.

Doubt is one thing, and it is healthy to foster, but doubt must be tempered by facts and circumstance. Given what HAS happened in the last two days I'd have to say TWZ is dead on.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by {davinci}]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Looking at the astrology, good bit of water on MONDAY - feelings will probably run high. (If anyone cares about astrology)

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here is what my bank says:

From Friday, October 30th through November 2nd, SAFE will be preparing to welcome American River HealthPro members. During this transition, access to Online Banking and Bill Pay through safecu.org will be limited

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by {davinci}
The US is now technically a dictatorship due to Obama's declaration, and Isreal has dispatched riot police to one of the holiest of muslem sites...the one that numerous prophecies specifically point to as having a pivotal role in the apocalypse.

Doubt is one thing, and it is healthy to foster, but really, what more do you need?

Evidence. I see no cause for concern yet at all. Israel has this sort of thing happening almost daily. As for O's 9/11? Hardly any more a dictatorship than U.S. was last week or last month.

Nothing to see, move along...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The swine flu emergency does not give the President the same powers as a We-Are-Being-Invaded-By-China emergency.

Obama has severely abused his powers, but this is certainly not some suspension of rights. If he wants to take more power, it would have to be through a real emergency, not this Swine-Flu-cade

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey coffinman read most of the articles. Nice thread. What brought me here is another member started a thread about how there are so many doom threads here at ATS, I thought I would post my response here. By the way S&F.

Like Plucky says, ooooh fresh doom.

You have to look at the beast you speak of. Doom. Doom is a beast, people may not admit it, but doom is a part of all of us. Look back thousands of years. Prophecy of doom is a human condition. Look into your own heart and tell me you do not fear something catastrophic. Death for example. But fear of doom can be beaten. By examining it, tearing it apart bit by bit, examining it.

I cannot believe it, this will be the third time in as many days that I have posted this. Modern day science fiction, will be looked on in the future as we look on Shakespeare.

From Dune-Frank Herbert; You know, the works that Hollywood have perverted into a Religion.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Admit it, doom draws people to it. Maybe because we fear the very thing that we are living. Slavery, monotony, no meaning to our lives. Now with the direction this government is taking us, EMPIRE & ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, or do you think this is one of the Doom conspiracies?

The beast "DOOM" came forth, And with a laugh said, I; am the EATER OF WORLDS

As for me, what is my handle?

THE ENDISNIGHE, NUFF SAID

edit to try to fix bb code whats up with that?

[edit on 10/25/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread

Well it's the 25th no major Doom yet.

Ok Maybe if you consider the fact that my toilet backed up this morning that took 10 minutes to resolve after addressing that issue I found out to my horror we were out of TP, minutes later I discovered we had no hot water for a shower.

After the cold shower, While getting dressed I stubbed my toe on the bed frame leg. Sigh it only went down hill from there. I accidentally slammed the front door on our cats tail and that I cut myself shaving before my first cup of coffee which I spilled on my new sweater while overcooking some eggs when I found out I didn't have enough bread to make some toast.

But there is always hope.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
THERE IS NO DOOM WINDOW!!!!!!!!! STOP THIS STUPID CRAP!!!!!
EVERYONE PUTTING THIS B.S. UP IS A MORON!

No bombs, no war, no nothing! Just another day...and one that some of you need to take advantage of and get out of you basement and go grab a walk in the park for some fresh air maybe get some vitamin D in your system...Better yet how about calling a weekend emergency therapist and ink in a session to talk about these feelings of doom and gloom..

ha ha bombs and war are just another day for the good ole usa my love, n that's how the money rolls

and that business about vitamin D is crapopropaganda
seattle wa has like #1 ms and breast cancer rates and they are telling them all its
"no sun, no vit. D"

ahhhh i have a doctor friend in the southwest desert who says 'all come in low on vit D, and no huge cancer rates' we stay in the shade in the desert.

no no no in seattle is the countries largest superfund site (not cleaned up yet) military and city (in the road asphalt) PCB's causing cancer, ms, and killing all the creatures in the sea, and 4oo,ooo lbs of carcinogenic toxins including mercury/ year in the atmosphere

so old boy don't believe all you read and it doesn't require a shrink to stand in the truth it requires virtue

maybe something is up, maybe not.... but the prediction is an inflection of change
and that 'everything changes' is a universal law

[edit on 25-10-2009 by DChenO]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by DChenO]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think I'll jump the gun with a nice warm glass of ... FAIL !!!!

I feel bad for the simpletons who clutch their hands waiting for this nothing to happen, contributing to such threads, waiting for unevent to occur. its sad.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I don't argue with you at all.

My point is simply that all of the paranoia and fear that occurs here and elsewhere about this week can actually be justified if you wish to see it that way. The current emphasis on the TWZ and Webbot predictions for the this point in time can be satisfied by these two events.

To say that tonight the SH'sTF is irrational. However, to see that in the last 48 hours two events that can spiral grossly out of control have occured as predicted, is being open to something beyond the norm.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by {davinci}]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

though some of us may be wanting the doom to come so they can say i told you so, this thread is more a monitoring newswire. we are simply sentinals monitoring the situation. nobody really wants the doom but it would be nice to be vindicated.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think the web bot bring to light some of the worst on ATS.

Some times people disappoint me with their responses. Always keep an open mind.

Also, ignorance is abounding in this thread. Most of you do not understand web bots and choose to ridicule them because of it. Do some research and learn about a subject before you post a comment and make yourself look like an idiot, because really, you are looking very dumb from where I am sitting.

Lastly, something is happening in the financial markets with Citigroup and other bank holdings. See this Thread here.

Deny Ignorance.

[Edit] If you had done your research you would know that the webbots have stated time and time again that the media will NOT NOTICE upto 2 weeks later.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsof0ld

I could not access my online banking this a.m. either. Very unusual for a Sunday, and 9 a.m. in the morning. This seems to much of a coincidence to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The suggestion that something would happen is also based on the timewave-zero. I haven't really looked into that but this is for me a test to see if there is something to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
OMG, could this be it?.... The beginning of the end?

Iowa City Police: Man Punches Another Man Who he Calls a 'Zombie'

www.foxnews.com...

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa City police are investigating an early morning assault in which a man accused another of being a zombie, then punched him twice.

Police say the assault occurred at 1:17 a.m. Sunday at an Iowa City restaurant south of the University of Iowa campus.

A man was ordering food when he was approached by another man who called him a zombie, then hit him in the eye. When the victim tried to call police on his cell phone, the man punched him again, breaking his nose.

The man then ran out a back door.

Prepare for zombies!

Dude, he tried to bite my neck!!! What was I supposed to DO!?!?!?
---Ohh and MODS, this was intended as sarcasm, no a hoax...phew, figured I'd say that before I get more points deducted

As for TWZ... who knows? I do think its odd (as I have mentioned before on other threads) That a "national emergency" was declared when we have seen 1000 deaths from Swine Flu, and the ordinary flu kills (on average) 36,000 people per year in the US...

When a "national emergency" is declared...it scares the crap out of people that don't know any better...travel plans get cancelled...vacations (people spending money), etc....SOOOOO, was this a great choice in a severely down economy when some are speculating the death of the dollar?? I don't think anyone would say it was a wise decision....

So YES...that could be the start of SOMETHING big...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by PeterGriffin]

[edit on 25-10-2009 by PeterGriffin]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Thank You
Tentickles buddy.... Deny Ignorance..

Thanks for linking your thread and adding it to this discussion. i just finished reading your post and its quite disturbing... perhaps the event we are waiting for (sort of speak) is happening behind closed doors as we speak and we wont know it till it hits the fan... i recommend people read her thread..

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join