It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Bix Weir is no Time Monk...just a freelance economic pundit. Some of you might be familiar with his entertaining/informative Road to Roota series.

Le Metropole Cafe is a subscription site owned by GATA's Bill Murphy , aka: Midas.

Posted on Le Met yesterday (Snip)....

MIDAS

Appendix

Hi Bill -

I understand that some of my Road to Roota followers were disappointed in my call that you deamed as "Way Out There" last week.

I admit that I have missed on timing (repeatedly) before but I don't think I did this time.

Last week this was my call:

"I continue to believe that next week will be the week that shakes the financial world at its foundation."

I believed it happened on Sunday evening.

Although it may not seem like it on the surface.. yet... I believe that the "temporary structural I-beam" that has supported our financial system for the past 8 months CRACKED on Sunday night with the bankruptcy of Capmark Financial. Capmark was THE ring leader in the Commercial Real Estate derivatives markets. Two days later GMAC declared they needed many more billions from the government. CIT will likely go down this weekend.

But the key to all this is that the Commercial Real Estate Derivative market is now IMPLODING. Everyone talks about the imploding Credit Default Swaps at AIG...which were bad but they are dwarfed by the derivatives related to Commercial Real Estate.....

....My call that this week will mark the END of the cabal will be proved out over the next few weeks/months.

The world changed this week…and most people have no idea.

Bix

Later

Full Text is available in the public domain here.

If I had to cite one fundamental reason for the return of fear to the markets this past week...the Capmark bankruptcy announced on Sunday Oct 25 has the potential to set-off an implosion in commercial real estate derivatives , similar to the chain-reaction in credit default swaps that rippled through the financial sector following the government take-over of GSE's , Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac on Sept 7, 2008.

Chalk one-up for the Web Bot ?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow..."Cricket chirping"...sure is quit on the doom and gloom front...

Here it is Oct 31st and were still here....No doom and gloom just a screwed up economy and a meaning less administration change that all you suckers voted for...Wait...Wait..what was that...oh that was my daughter... I love how some of you are trying so hard to pin point any event to fit your 28th doom and gloom time line...desperation...is what you guys are doing here....loooking for any thing you can try to validate your non-sense with...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

First of all, I didn't vote for Obama. I have seen his kind make the same empty promises only to consolidate power to the state, which is exactly what Obama is doing...

Second of all, the prediction in specific stated the ill wind would START around the 25th, and one of the two possibilities was that H1N1 would mutate... Those predictions did not state "the world is going to end that day"... Those were the claims of some charlatans like the Russian man.

Then there is the prediction by Ed Dames which he made BEFORE H1N1 was a problem...but hey guess that was "coincidence"...just like many other predictions which were right....

Yes, there are charlatans unfortunately, but there are also people who can see future events. Of course some people will not believe this even when the proof is in front of them, and will claim "anyone can do it" but of course they never did, or make any other excuse..

Do everyone a favor and if you don't think predictions can occur stay out of the forum.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
With all the behind-the-scenes maneuvres (like bovine excreta)the only way to be sure all this doomsday prophesy is 'off' timing-wise is if the event happens BEFORE the projected date.TPTB could just slowly release the too obvious to overlook clues and pronouncements until the last second,seemingly proving the webbot wrong,when in fact/retrospect they were right.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
[freestone goes direct to *end of thread*.]

yawn. november 2nd now.

?????

I remember that article about how a few girls, in a grade school classroom, began to faint. Suddenly most of the kids got sick and eventually the school
closed for the week as many kids got sick or fainted.
"hysteria". a "collective disease", where it spread by rumor and collective angst.

[freestone wonders sometimes if even "2012" is such a condition!]

But there ARE predictions that come out True! I have seen a few in my own life, down to the "pixel"! But it might be a further stretch to See the collective future!

*a* collective future, as their might actually be many such futures and the
webbots, and also many psychics might tune into one of these.

I am glad *this one* did not come out.

freestone

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ford made $1 Billion in Q3, there first profit in years.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privacy-Please
Ford made $1 Billion in Q3, there first profit in years.

But Ford lost 14.6 billions last year so in reality they are short 13.6 billion dollars..Not a profit as far as I can tell...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

They have been losing money for years. They are finally making profit.

<< 33  34  35   >>

join