It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's the 28th. I'm officially a year older, still alive, where is the major catastrophe?

Not even any Zombies?

I still have to survive a trip to California, if I leave after midnight will it be safer?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

What I love, even more than these doomsday threads, is when, as the latest D-DAY comes and goes, the True Believers start acting as if something major DID happen.

That part amuses me.

its because ignorance doesn't like to reason

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How many machines would Microsoft's new baby windows 7 have to be in control of before its considered a significant event?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectreller

In this particular time frame that is? I keep tape over my built in web cam at all times these days.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Can we decide and say Timewave Zero was wrong once again! Since nothing happened. Again. predictions FAIL!

I don't even get why people believe this stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

It dont look good, January looks grim.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In all fairness, the web bots said that it would BEGIN on Oct 25=26 and end in 10 days. I'ts not yet been 10 days.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

No we cannot say that, as we have yet to see how far reaching the effects are of the events that happened on that day.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well, time to get working on the next big thread... "October 30th through November 6th-- Armageddon, For Sure This Time!"

the next one will be different! you'll see!!

jeez.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Can this nonsense please be eradicated from the eyes of intelligent viewers, PLEASE.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
well, time to get working on the next big thread... "October 30th through November 6th-- Armageddon, For Sure This Time!"

the next one will be different! you'll see!!

jeez.

Only doomsday that will be taking place on 30th - Nov 6th

31st Kids will eat tons of sugar spiking their insulin levels and setting up prestine conditions in their mouth for rotting their teeth

3rd "V" Lizard Aliens with a super hot chic leading the way arrive on ABC. Sounds far from doomsday to me. Everyone would love to see a hot reptilian chic leading the way someday.

6th "The 4th Kind" We finally get to see how ETs float people out of their houses for medical procedures, despite how many people try to hold the floatee down.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by superluminal11]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If this means anything...

www.reuters.com...

Was written on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:41pm EDT

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
does the graph slope upwards? or does it just shoot strait up in 1 instant? im curious about the next week or so, this national emergency for the flu could be anything.another note, ive seen so many chemtrails here in santa barbara (raytheon is across the street from my house basicly) i don't know what to think. they have created these damn cloud formations all over.

Line...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Oh it's the 29th and NOTHING!

Just like every other damn prediction on here. All hype, freakin freakin hype.

I predict the next prediction made by someone other than me due to this being a prediction will be bullsh*t.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The only things I see happened was the Swine flu announcement, Israel getting a missile hit them, a bomb in Baghdad and the bombs in Pakistan which really is nothing new as things like this happen a lot there... Cant see anything that could of changed the world... the only thing I can think that could is the swine flu thing...

I wont be holding my breath on any more predictions!!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

No, apparently nobody noticed this "mystery object" during the past 40 years. Considering that it's large enough to be observed by amateur astronomers, you'd think that someone would have taken note of it.

That's why it's potentially "novel".

There have been some arguments presented that it was a rocket stage that went off into a long orbit and has now come back and settled into an apparently stable orbit round our planet. Words to that effect, anyway.

I'm not an astrophysicist so I can't offer a true assessment of that idea. It's clear, though, that people who do understand things of this nature are reluctant to give any definitive answer until they've had a chance to observe this "mystery object" more closely. That's a sensible approach.

By the end of tonight (29th Oct), plenty of people will have had a chance to observe this object. They should then be able to determine exactly what it is -- or at the very least, eliminate what it isn't, which could also be useful. In science, it's not always about finding the answer right off the bat. It's about excluding the wrong ones.

I still assert that this is the only event of any note in the past few days that has the potential in and of itself to be classed as "novel". All the others, though interesting and/or in many cases even tragic, don't qualify as truly novel on the basis of the events themselves. They are all variations on themes of events that have occurred before -- many, many times.

However, for the sake of those who haven't read much of the thread and simply say "nothing happened", it's worth repeating that we won't necessarily know right away if any one event is the trigger/catalyst that leads to something truly novel, something that would have far-reaching effects for virtually all of us. There are numerous examples of past events that were novel but not generally known to the public at the time and some of them have been mentioned in this thread.

Those who naysay have a right to do that, but it would also be good if they'd at least acknowledge the fact that we are not privy to everything that goes on in the world, and just because we don't find a certain event in the media (with a link), that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm not saying that as a cop-out, I'm stating it as a plain fact.

Some of the negative comments on this thread have been puerile in the extreme and I am dismayed by their baseness and the way they reflect on the members who posted them, members who in some cases I had thought were far more erudite and eloquent than that.

I think the OP has said it often enough: this thread is not about making predictions. It's about gathering some of the reported events from around the world that might have relevance to the predictions that have been made elsewhere.

That is the way I read it, at least. For me, it's not even about being a "believer". It's an interesting exercise in analysis, and it's about having some kind of data resource that might be useful if a future event occurs, to see if that event is directly related to any that occurred during the past few days. With the proviso, of course, that any "trigger" event is one that we are even allowed to know about.

The Manhattan Project is a good analogy... Few knew about it while it was in progress, but virtually the whole world knew of its consequences in August of 1945. I doubt that even then, very many people knew that Hitler's own scientists had been working on a similar project (started well before the Manhattan project) and had gotten very close before Allied efforts intervened to slow them down. It was the knowledge of what Nazi Germany was doing that spurred on the project on our side.

In total secrecy from the general public, of course.

With regards to this thread's value, it's also an opportunity to assemble a resource that could be useful in the future, if in fact absolutely nothing of major novelty derives from the events of the past few days.

To me, whatever the outcome, it's a worthwhile project.

Why, then, are such efforts being decried?

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Can this nonsense please be eradicated from the eyes of intelligent viewers, PLEASE.

that would defeat the purpose of the prophecies forums.

i mean a fackin 'prophecies' forum. is ATS serious?

and look at all the poor souls who feed into this... this site has become a joke, not a funny one.

i wonder if the OP would say out loud and in public that Oct 24th-28th is a window for doomsday. you know what they call these people when we see them on the streets? oh i know you know. yea, those people with those cardboard signs hanging over their necks... sometime ringing bells and have foil hats on their heads...

unfortunately ATS is for some reason the place where they can say things like this and not be called 'you know what'.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

then again, these little predictions seem to sweep the web far and wide. so, well, the gov't probably has heard of them also.
it wouldn't be too inconceivable, considering the power the gov't seems to be having over the media, for them to have managed to hide a significant event just a little, till after the time has passed....

just to avoid giving the thing more steam to run on.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I agree that it's not inconceivable. It would depend on the nature of the event. If it were something that they would more-or-less expect to cause a knock-on effect to something "novel" (or at least jaw-dropping), then they might try to conceal knowledge of it. On the other hand, some things that appear quite mundane can have great ramifications.

Also agree that these sorts of gloom and doom predictions are all over the place and in a lot of cases I expect that they just feed off each other. That in itself doesn't make them wrong, but we have to accept that in the overwhelming majority of cases, they have been wrong and doubtless will be in future. I just think that having a thread like this, that the OP has run with great restraint in spite of the baiting and sarcasm, is well worth the effort. Like I said, whether something eventuates or not, it's a resource that can either be used to support predictions derived in this way, or to render them rather suspect to all but the most biased of people.

Some people will continue to believe certain types of predictions regardless of how often they are shown to be wrong; others will never believe any of them, even if there is some evidence that they can be right. A balanced approach seems the best way to go.

On the side of the "govt cover-up" argument, there is also the point that very little stays secret forever. Sooner or later, the truth will out. Granted, there are some things are likely to never be revealed, but usually we get to know about it. It just depends on how much effort TPTB want to put into keeping things hidden -- if they want to at all.

Mike

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectreller
How many machines would Microsoft's new baby windows 7 have to be in control of before its considered a significant event?

Well, if people can get Windows 7 to install correctly...

Probably not all that significant, really. Certainly nothing novel.

reply to post by superluminal11

Your post at least has some good humor, and I have to admit that a hot reptilian would be pretty novel.

Most of the ones I've known have been rather cold to the touch...

Seriously, though, let's allow the thread to serve its real purpose, which was not to predict anything, but to monitor events which might be relevant.

Regards,

Mike

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join