It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct 24th-28th Window for Doom Thread (Updated by the Minute)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I think you are making a bit too much of that battle. It's not some huge victory as this has been a mostly guerrilla campaign by the opposition in that area. Battles like that are not very productive when you are fighting hit and run enemies. Unless of course you cut off their support but the way it would have to be done it rather brutal and no one would support it. I have no comment on the rest of it. BUT BUT I did find this: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I'm pretty sure that's the point of our current cycle.. Life "IS THAT SIMPLE".. Unfortunately we may kill ourselves in the "stove-touching" trial run.

Another answer is to pursue materialism at its highest degree. Make everything a commodity, streamline the R&D process required to leave earth with a complete disregard for its other inhabitants (plant & animal). Begin our journey to other worlds and treat its local flora & fauna with the same callous and cold attitude.. Eventually we could kill everything and we would still be a slave to the cycle..

Because until you accept it and flow with it... You'll always be a slave to it..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TWZisntWeBBot

Well for me there's one positive that's coming out of all this, I never have to click on CNN.com ever again. No real news there.
I'm in the same boat, bra. I just signed up a few days ago for the ATS shoot-out. Cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
the global consciousness project dot is blue again, which according to them suggests that we are all focusing on something on a global scale. What? Who knows. I thought I just throw out there that it has dipped into blue about 4 times in the past 24 hrs. And doesn't appear to have done so before than but the graph only lets me see 24hrs. Does anyone follow this regularly?

GCP dot

Is there another thread of the GCP on ATS that is currently active? I would love a discussion about it and what it means with some real-time analysis. In other words, try to correlate the spikes (to blue for example) with events? If not, maybe you should start one because it could get interesting.

It sure would be a nice deviation from doom threads.

Don't get me wrong, I like the doom threads. To me they are like watching 007 movies... you know the ending (007: James Bond gets laid and beats the bad guy | Doom threads: Nothing overt happens and certain people get all uppity and beat their chests because "they knew it was bunk" - like that is a challenge) but regardless of those endings, you want to see the creative excitement unfold. It is entertainment, afterall!

Back on topic though, I found the Oct 26 thing to be a classic example of people making something become bigger than it is. It is like when you were a kid and your parent would say in the morning "tonight when I get home from work I have a surprise for you". All day long the kid obsesses about what this surprise. The kid tells his siblings, friends at school, does a construction paper project during art period with amazing possibilities of this surprise. Is it tickets to the ball game? Is it a trip to Disneyland? Is it a ride in a rocket?

And in the end, it was just your old action figure you thought you lost forever that your dad found under the couch.

Nothing overt happened yesterday. I will keep this date in my mind for a little while though, just to see if something small that happened on Oct 26 eventually turns into something much bigger in a week or three. Certainly not a nuke, assassination attempt, earthquake or alien disclosure. But I did not believe any of those would happen anyway nor do I think any events such as those could be predicted. Economic crapstorm? Maybe, but we all see that coming anyway.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

If only life were so simple.

that's the problem, it is that simple. our minds make not that simple.
We're so convinced it cant be that simple, we create problems everyday and endlessly try to solve them.

the answers are all around friend. should i say 'the answer' is right around you...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
*Edit* they are calling it for today, launch tomorrow.

Ares launch seems to be a no go at the moment due to rain.

You can watch it live here

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 10/27/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlysponge

life is very simple. Its living that so complicated.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
still waiting for the end of the world here.... you'd think there'd at least be some rumbling and flashing lights or something..

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I cant believe all of you have missed the big event in the world that was predicted by webbot, et al.
The yankees won the playoffs!!!! The world truly is coming to an end and heck has frozen over.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
reply to post by deadlysponge

life is very simple. Its living that so complicated.

interesting you say that. how many wars Lions, Elephants, Squids, Eagles, sharks, cats, dogs, hamsters have waged in the past 10 years? how many murder cases has their been in the arachnid world? what's the robbery rate among turtles?

hmm, yet, their lives are so seemingly uncomplicated, how is that? .... i wonder how many time a tree- yes a living creature also- has raped another tree, or a bird killed another bird in the name of 'god'...

its funny, how everything else on earth can coexist, expect us.

and please tell me who is making living so complicated for US ?? i want to know, i want to have a word.

but let's not digress. im still waiting for the BIG doomsday news.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just to twist the screws a bit more.... The 26th...NOTHING!!!!!!! hahahahaha........ And I love how some in here quickly jumped to defend the original TWZ date of the 24th by stating it's a (2) day window....So that when nothing happened on the 24th or 25th they decided that to save face and admit they were wrong and the date was the 26th and that the 2 day window is based on that..... Well its not, its not based on that, because just like every other moron who has predicted these fool predictions....THEY ARE NOT REAL!!!!!!!!!!
So now I would like to invite all the people who feel the same way I do about the people who try to keep people riled up over non-sense to feel free to call these people out and keep tabs on them and remind them constantly that they were wrong about this and wrong about every other post they make... Cause I am...It takes a village to keep the wackos in line...well welcome to the village.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

your right antonia, its not a huge victory because the battle continues to be fought. however, there is no doubt about the decisiveness of this battle/campaign in south waziristan.

The army has launched brief offensives there before, the first in 2004 when it suffered heavy casualties before striking a peace pact. This time, the army has spent months preparing and it says it has encircled the main Pakistani Taliban zone.

www.alertnet.org...

The pakistani army was preparing to enter south waziristan months ago and have waited months beofre they did so because they have been defeated on other occasions. In this current offensive pakistani forces had taken control of a town called Kotkai, the birthplace of hakeemullah mehsud, only to be repelled and repulsed by taliban forces who then took it over. the pakistani army retook it several days later. There is no doubt it will be a decisive battle, the americans have pressured pakistan for months and months to go into waziristan and defeat the taliban but the pakistani have been hesitant to do so knowing how tough a fight it would be.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...
Two charged by U.S. in plot to attack Danish paper

Two Chicago men have been arrested and charged with plotting to attack a Danish newspaper whose cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed led to violent protests by Muslims, the U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday.

www.reuters.com...
Kremlin warns against wrecking Russia with democracy

The Kremlin's chief political strategist warned in an article published on Monday that Russia risked collapsing into chaos if officials tried to tinker with the political system by flirting with liberal reforms.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

"feel free to call these people out and keep tabs on them and remind them constantly that they were wrong about this and wrong about every other post they make... Cause I am...It takes a village to keep the wackos in line...well welcome to the village."
-------------

I say It takes a wacko to keep the village alive. Granted, its the village that provides the stability for the wacko to explore from. History will prove that its the wacko's that come up with the ideas, more than likely "THE" idea of even having a village in the first place.

The village serves to enforce the definition of the current box or "paradigm", the wacko acts as a catalyst whose successes and failures will redefine the next generation of box for you to defend..

I celebrate creativity, you celebrate stability..

2 sides of the same coin.. I thank you for your blandness..

[edit on 27-10-2009 by TWZisntWeBBot]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

The prediction was for the 25th, not the 24th.
So that gives a three day window from where I sit.
As at certain points along that day, it can be the 24th, or the 26th, depending on where you are at on the globe.
I know we like to take an American-centric view of the World, but lets be reasonable here.

Furthermore, you aren't thinking very clearly if you don't realize that there have been significant happenings (very significant) happenings in this window of time.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

And just to "twist the screws", are you admitting that you are going to use your perception of this thread as a device to discredit people down the line regardless of their input down the line? Very narrow-sighted of you.
Also, are you soliciting others to do the same?
T&C much?

Eh, I'll stop wasting my thoughts on you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The thing about our current location in the time cycle is the frequency at which events are occurring.

For example 50 years ago when a plane crashed it took a few days for people to know it happened. 10 years ago you would know the day of, if not the next day. 5 years ago you would hear of the event within 30 minutes to an hour. 1 year ago CNN used live i-reporter footage of a youtube video maybe 100 feet from the crash scene (outside buffalo/dash 8) as the props of the plane were still spinning and flames were everywhere.

From this example we can conclude that - events and the knowledge of the event will at one time overlap. This is called the 2012 singularity moment. As we approach that moment it will be easier and easier to point out such and such event as "proof" of TWZ being correct. Its correct because it has no other choice but to be correct. Throw a dart, pick an event.. The world is full of rapid causality spiraling into a final singularity.

The end is the beginning though.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.google.com...
US diplomat resigns over Afghan war: report

A diplomat disillusioned with US involvement in Afghanistan has become the first US official known to have resigned in protest over the eight-year war

domino effect? ripple effect? anyone...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Its called a JUMP! to conclusions map -- very very useful

oh noes! one foot landed on moot but the other landed on accept it!
Choices choices

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6af9a4d45720.jpg[/atsimg]

news.bbc.co.uk...
The Czech Constitutional Court has adjourned until next week a hearing into what could be the last legal challenge to the EU's Lisbon Treaty.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join